Task Force 18 - Death Dealers WIP

Got back from the FLGS a bit ago and I am sad to say that my first game in about 6 years ended in defeat against the Skitarii ... but only barely. My list was a blast to play and my opponent and I mauled each other for 5 turns before I finally capitulated with only my Valkyrie and one Wyvrn that in all likelihood was about to die. Of the five units he had remaining, three of them only had one guy left, 2 of which were running away, and one unit that had two left. If the dice had rolled a little differently I would have emerged victorious. The MVPs were, unsurprisingly, the 2 Wyvrns were generally massacred whichever unit they were shooting at, easily making up their own points by the end of the second turn. The under performer was the Valkyrie which didn't enter play until turn 3, totally missed with everything it shot for two turns, and then finally killed 6 rangers with a solid rocket pod hit.

Now, ON TO PAINTING!!!

That we do! Plus the AdMech is a pretty strong army so you did very well :) Sounds like you had a good game so you'll be much better prepared for the next one, so get that scheduled in soon and let us know how it goes :tu:

Finished the Scions:

Scion Final 1

Scion Final 2

Scion Final 3

Scion Final 4

Scion Final 5

Scion Final 6

The armor looks a lot less splotchy in real life but the plasma gun OSL doesn't look as good as it does in the pictures ... not really sure how that worked out. I'm going to need to do dome more OSL technique research before I make another attempt likely in a few weeks.  All that's left to finish my last ETL vow is another Wyvrn.

Agreed, I had this problem with my IG as well. I originally made the bases too dark and the grey/blue fatigues didn't contrast enough. Had to go back and drybrush again with a lighter shade to get the effect I wanted.

In either case, I think these models are great and I like that you've stayed consistent with the theme you wanted. Keep it up! smile.png

Archived