Is my fluff plausible?

Pudelhund

Before I go write the full and polished novel, I would like to share the gist of my regiment's fluff with you guys to make sure it is plausible and/or kosher with how things are in the 40k universe:

The 29th Koshien Plasma Resurrection Guards come from the planet of Koshi in the northern fringe of Segmentum Obscurus, beyond the naval base of Cypra Mundi.  The planet of Koshi was settled just before the Age of Strife by colony ships of Mars with humans faithful to the machine cult.  A decade or so after initial settlement, the colonists were attacked by a superior Eldar force.  The humans were forced to wage a war of attrition and bitter survival from the depths of the planet's expansive network of subterranean caverns.  Fearing their technological treasures may be lost forever to the enemy, the colonists entombed what few machines and STCs they could save deep within the caverns.  As the resistance was pushed to the furthest extents of the planet, the humans were forced to abandon these locations and only hope that they would be recovered later.  As the years turned to decades, and the decades to centuries, the transient human bandits lost all of their culture, technology, and identity, keeping only their human drive for survival.

At the dawn of the Age of Strife, the Eldar foothold on the planet quickly waned and the humans were able to capture regions on the planet's surface.  WIthin a decade, all Eldar from the planet had either voluntarily withdrawn or had been eradicated.  A primitive and isolated human society quietly grew and waited out the rest of the Age of Strife.

Koshi was reunited during the Emperor's Great Crusade.  Its citizens became loyal subjects of the God-Emperor and the Imperial Cult.  Until the last century of M40, Koshi remained a quiet civilized world of the Empire of little strategic importance.  The population of the planet peaked at nearly four billion inhabitants with most of the planet's surface unsettled and most of its caverns uncharted.

Everything changed in 990.M40.  Prospectors of a mining company uncovered the ancient tombs left by the original colonists.  Brief inscriptions carved inside the tomb told of the history of the colonists.  The only salvageable STCs were brought to Koshi's planetary governor who then notified the nearest Forge World of the discovery.

A veritable invasion force from the Forge World of Pudel IV descended upon Koshi.  The tech priests discovered that the STCs contained broken information regarding the construction of plasma weaponry, most notably the Executioner plasma cannon.

A rift formed in Koshien society.  Many were overjoyed at the discovery and proclaimed that their true heritage lay with Mars, and that it was their duty and birthright to carry on the legacy of their Martian ancestors.  They believed Koshi should devote herself to the machine and transform itself into a Forge World.  The planet's relatively low gravity and deep mineral deposits was seen as the evidence of the colonists' original intent.  It was their responsibility to resurrect the plasma weaponry of their ancestors and fight for Mars and the Omnissiah.

Others were more loyal to the Imperial cult, believing that millenia of relative peace and prosperity was the grace of the Emperor who brought them out of the darkness.

The Pudelians encouraged the humans to reclaim Koshi for the Adeptus Mechanicus.  The Fabricator-General of Pudel IV selected a worthy lieutenant to become Fabricator-General of Koshi and oversee the birth of the new Forge World.  Temporarily, he would work alongside the Planetary Governor of Koshi.  An area many hundreds of square kilometers was developed into what would become the Koshien Arsenal, an area for the development and experimentation of the plasma weaponry.

In addition to Koshi's Imperial Tithe, the Koshien Fabricator-General created an all-volunteer military force to be responsible for the implementation and combat-proving of the plasma weaponry.  The volunteers were loyal to Mars, and contracted to become Koshi's first native Skitarii after proving their worth in battle.  This force, known as regiments of the Plasma Resurrection Guards, were made up of the planet's best human forces and Skitarii brethren.  The regiments were entirely mechanized and featured lots of heavy armor.  The primary objective of the Guards is to collect data on the combat performance of plasma weaponry, particularly the tank-mounted Executioner cannon.  When Koshi produces legions of plasma weaponry in the future, it must also provide data on the risks, limitations, and effectiveness of its weaponry to Imperial commanders.

The first combat seen by the regiments of the Plasma Resurrection Guards was during the 12th Black Crusade at the beginning of M41 in the nearby Gothic Sector.  The Guards were mostly utilized in an elite counter-attacking role on the flanks of Imperial formations.  Several regiments were entirely destroyed in heroic efforts that provided invaluable data on the limits of the capabilities of Koshien plasma weaponry.  

At the beginning of M42, Koshi is half-covered by construction of the new Forge World.  Tensions on Koshi between Imperial and Mechanicus loyalists have brought an unsettling rift to the planet as the Planetary Governor prepares to cede the entirety of planetary authority to the Fabricator General.  Rumors abound that the machinations of Chaos are afoot in the disgruntled ranks of the Imperial underclass pushed out by the growth of the machine world and citizens loyal to the machine cult.  Regiments of the Plasma Resurrection Guards have been dispatched as far away as the Eye of Terror and have fought nearly every kind of Xenos and heretic.  Uncertainty in the Imperium and at home casts a dark shadow over the future of Koshi.

I don't see any glaring issues. Seems like you have some pretty solid fluff, but as I'm only a Stormtrooper Colonel, I think we'll wait for a Commissar to come by and give it the go ahead.

I think its a good start, but I would reword a few things. For one, I wouldn't think a forge would is simple built. It develops into what they are. I would say that the planetary conversion into a full forge world isunder way. As the planets resources are found and needed new forges are built.

Also, I would consider moving back their rediscovery date. M40 is prettyyoung in the grand scheme of things. I'd shoot for M39 or M40, makes them feel like they've been around a bitand in true imperial fashion ittakes a few hundred years befoe the messege is read and properly logged by the admech.

It looks good to me, I agree in that a Forge World is something that organically (mechanically?) comes into being as they develop and focus on manufactoring. Pushing the rediscovery back also means more time for the Forge aspects of the planet to be developed.

Archived