Scout Kiaz found himself looking once more at the black auto reactive plate on Veteran Brother Raldaen's shoulder. Not for the first time he wondered what Badab must have been like.
"Are you watching me or watching for Orks, Scout?" Raldaen didn't move his head and Kiaz was surprised the grizzled marine new he was looking at him. Even so he plucked up the courage to ask.
"Why do you paint your right pouldrons black since Badab. Do we Raptors not forgo marks of honour?"
As quick as the words had left his mouth Kiaz was lifted off his feet and slammed against the bunker wall.
"Do not speak to me of honour. Do not speak like you are a Raptor as you are not and certainly never speak to me of Badab.
"This is no honour marking. This is a mark of grievance, a mark of shame. A mark of respect for our fallen Brothers, Brothers that fools like you are sent to replace. You know nothing of Badab, you never will and you can count your lucky forsaken stars that you do not boy."
"I will tell you one thing about it, just one thing.... Badab was Hell"
Welcome Brothers, Sisters, Street Urchins, Mutants and Parlour Kings to the BADAB WAR MOTIVATIONAL THREAD! (can I get a little trumpet fanfare jingle sound effect there?)
Horus Heresy this, Horus Heresy that, yawn bloody yawn! (OK its amazing really) Let me tell you this Brethren the Badab War was the original battle of the Astartes! A masterstroke from the begoggled but ultimately brilliant Rick (is he the mesiah) Priestly. The Badab War was a thing before The Horus Heresy was but a spark in the weeping eye of Games Workshop.
Well so what Yak. Do you have a point?
A while back me and Uprising (half Salamander half traitor dog) where discussing putting together a work in progress motivational Thread for Badab War gamers. Now there have been a couple on this hallowed site in the past but they fizzled out for imho a couple of reasons...
1: The targets may have been to rigid for some hobbyists.
2: Each Chapter only had one frater represent it (the format followed a tale of 18 gamers)
So my thinking is to group a load of us together and help motivate, inspire and support each other with their hobby goals.
Here are the main aims of the thread.....
- To encourage painting and modelling of our armies (No really?). In a steady goal by goal format.
- To promote writing of fluff to link Fraters armies together. We may all be thousands of light years away from each other but the B&C is the community where it is at! (this may only be a few lines, so don't be put off)
- To share techniques, tips and maybe even the odd bad joke (bad jokes limited to 3 per Frater )
- To inspire each other
- To take over the world (same as we do every day).
This thread aims to be more of a loose affair than the Hallowed events of the ETL. However it will run alongside other painting events so you can include your Objectives (more later) in other events (especially in the Codex Space marines faction, unless you're a dirty Lamenter....)
- Firstly anyone can join, as many frater can represent each of the Badab War Chapters. This allows any frater who are collecting Salamanders to post their armies and fluff all here in one place.
- Even if your force fluff is not set in the Badab Timeline you can still join as long as it is one of the official 18 (Tiger Claws included) Chapters or Tyrants Legion. (because we all know the Badab Chapters are the best).
- The idea is to declare a goal called an OBJECTIVE. This can be anything from a single HQ, a squad, or vehicle. When this is painted you will be rewarded an OBJECTIVE SECURED purity seal to go alongside your name in the BADAB WAR VETERAN ROLL OF HONOUR in the post below.
- Theses Objectives do not have a time limit but you can choose to do so if you like. You can not move on to your next objective until you have completed your first.
- Fraters can form Allegiances whereby they set a date to complete their objective together. (optional)
- Fraters can form a Challenge whereby they race to complete a similar objective.(optional)
- Please note these allegiances and challenges need discussion and permission from the other fraters involved (all friendly like )
BADAB BROTHERLY LOVE
- A none essential but thoroughly rewarding part of this thread is to encourage frater to link their projects to others on the thread. Small bits of fluff can go a long way to making it seem as the models we make fought together in the same war (maybe even against each other).
- Now this can be done in a friendly manner as is the B&C way. We don't want someone slogging their guts out to make a lovely Howling Griffons squad with names and personalities, for some Executioner to come along a write about how he kicked their little arses and they did not even put up a fight. A more fitting way to do this is to honour the names of other fraters creations in your own fluff.
- Things like trophies or damaged helmets on bases can link our armies visually too.
- Please note these are just a few ideas, I am sure that the plog will develop its own character as it unfolds.(judging by the response in the ideas section it seems a little monster is about to be unleashed....)
Now I know that everyone loves badges in their signature so they are being created as we speak.
These are not the official badges (is anything you ever do in life official Yak?) but something to put out there to make it look like I have at least tried.....
Im a Raptor remember I specialise in sneaking about, not all tha tech wizardry.... Can I get me some Sons of Medusa!!!
Once you have completed your set objective a Purity Seal or Maelstrom Warder badge will be added to your Name in The Badab War Veteran Post below. Example....
UP FOR IT?
As mentioned this is a more loose affair than other events. If you are interested then just post below. There are a few fraters who have already expressed their desire to join. Your name will then be listed under your Chapter in the roll of honour below (next post). Once we have a good few names down we can then start picking our OBJECTIVES. I know what mine will be, that Land Raider Helios I have vowed in the ETL!!!
Badab Veteran Roll of Honour in Progress.............. Please be patient............... Hurry it up for Emperor's sakes man!!!
space saver for roll of honour
trying to grab the second post but it wont let me ..........
I hate technology ........
Mods help me......
Edited by The Yak, 03 June 2015 - 03:11 PM.