Back to Badab: Badab War Motivational Thread

The Yak

Nice initiative The Yak!

This seems like the perfect motivation to get some more work done on my Minotaurs. biggrin.png

This is what I've got finished (or semi-finished) so far, also got another Tactical Squad, a Vanguard Squad and a Stormraven in the pipeline.

I pledge to paint Chapter Master Asterion Moloc, High Chaplain Ivanus Enkomi, A Landraider and a Rhino to add to my collection.

gallery_14033_9600_52545.jpg

gallery_14033_9600_42709.jpg

Also there's the motivational soundtrack for the

cool.png

Crap I want to hold this bugger off till I start my Astral Claws WIP thread... but I'm too excited about this!!

So have a test Astral Claw:

http://i.imgur.com/QMoJ1hX.jpg

Pew! Pew!

http://i.imgur.com/WHRA9a1.jpg

Oh and Yak, I'm also doing the Tyrant's Legion, so you can sign me up for that too biggrin.png

Leviathus, what are you using for metallics? That sheen on the silver is perfect. Love the OSL work on the lenses, although I wouldn't use it myself (I see them as lenses, not light bulbs). I save OSL work for power/plasma/grav weapons and Psyker effects. But that's just my preference.

Cool looking Astral Claw, leviathus, loving that MK IV and the bits of battle damage.

Thank you GrandMagnus!

Leviathus, you do the Tyrant proud with that pain scheme.

Cheers! Very curious how your's gonna turn out! :D

Leviathus, what are you using for metallics? That sheen on the silver is perfect. Love the OSL work on the lenses, although I wouldn't use it myself (I see them as lenses, not light bulbs). I save OSL work for power/plasma/grav weapons and Psyker effects. But that's just my preference.

Just plain and simple Leadbelcher, Iron Breaker and Runefang Steel. I tried to do a bit of zenithal highlighting on this guy with some edge highlighting in the mix. I basecoated him with Leadbelcher, then gave him a generous wash of nuln oil. The raised surfaces were then painted with leadbelcher and eventually mixed with iron breaker to blend it. Build it up to pure iron breaker and gave the edges of the armour a highlight with rune fang. ^^

I imagined the lenses glowing just a bit but I kinda over did it here. Fortunately it looks pretty good so I'll just keep it.

Alright, just placed my order for the tactical squad, now to play the waiting game...

And while Im waiting I need to learn how to print decals and go to my local paint store and find a nice beige/white matte spray to use on the Novamarines.

Stoneheart: Great to see you here with those Beauties. As for not competing in the ETL due to what you perceive as a no show all I can say is don't be daft! After two successful ETL performances I flunked last year (sometimes real life gets in the way). However I see this year as a chance to set the record straight. If you plan on doing these over the next month you may aswell join in the ETL and restore honour to those glorious Sons of Vulkan!

Thanks Yak, you got me there, I may put in a vow if I can face the pressure ;)

Nearly finished a Librarian and another Devastator today, I'll pop them up when they're done at the end of the weekend!

Alright, just placed my order for the tactical squad, now to play the waiting game...

And while Im waiting I need to learn how to print decals and go to my local paint store and find a nice beige/white matte spray to use on the Novamarines.

For a nice beige/white matt spray, I would consider the Krylon Fusion Camo khaki. It's closer to a sand rather than khaki, but it would give you a nice base to build up to a true beige/ivory color.

For a nice beige/white matt spray, I would consider the Krylon Fusion Camo khaki. It's closer to a sand rather than khaki, but it would give you a nice base to build up to a true beige/ivory color.

I will se what I can find in the paint store, Im bought my last black primer there and its excellent quality. Something similar to the old bleached bone, maybe a bit white, would be perfect.

Can't reply properly to everyone as in work atm. However this is exactly what I envisioned. The thread is gathering a life of its own!

Some great stuff on display so far!

Hear me you heathen betrayers of your oaths

We have come for you and your kin.

Your worlds will burn.

Your thralls and warriors will be slaughtered.

Your dreams and machinations will be cast down in ash and ruin.

We are the beast in the void

We are the hungry blade

We are The Carcharadon Astra and we are come for you

Vow to follow waiting on the new marine stuff

Here's what i'm working on. A captain/chapter master with power sword and combi-melta, company champion, standard bearer and veteran sergeant.

The Tac marine at the end is one of 14 I painted last year but he's not completed. Just wanted to show how the red armor will eventually turn out.

Edit: Just primed an Apothecary to add to the squad.

A long time ago I bought a Red Scorptions lot off of eBay that came with Commander Culln and the upgrade kit with parts for Haas. Since I'm floundering awfully on my ETL vow, maybe a diversion will help get the machine going again. That, and I've always liked the paint scheme for the Scorps.

Hey guys, just wanted to say I look very forward to what this thread is going to produce! Between my ETL, Side Project and my Nids I'm not sure I can commit to joining in this no matter how much I'd like to due to cash/time/resources. Maybe I'll pop in later on down the line.

That said, I can do Vaylund Cal for the Sons of Medusa, but nothing else unfortunately.

Keep up the good work brothers! thumbsup.gif

You know what? I think I can take a slight break from my Blood Drinkers. I'll throw my hat in on this.

*chuckles* Since there's no time limit per se and I'm obscenely slow on projects. I'd like to pledge a Sons of Medusa Tactical squad.

My exorcist is used for =][=. Wanted to make him look all tacticool. I'm going to do another one as well. I have a much better on painting now so my paints won't be as thick this go round. Plus a much better primer.

Brother-Sergeant Solomon

http://i.imgur.com/JIau96k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JIau96k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TtLWV4v.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OSUEDFw.jpg

Damn theres some great stuff in here already. 

Im thinking about swapping out my other force in the league im in for my Marines Errant, and focusing solely on them for a while. Would help me get them painted...

That said, i'm going to change my pledge. I wont set a time limit on it, but to bring my force up to 1000 points painted I pledge for Badab :

1x Librarian

1x 10 Man Tactical Squad

1x Dreadnought + Pod

1x 5 Man Bike Squad

Happy Badabing, brothers. :)

this was a motivation thread huh??? 

i dont know if this is a good (look at that guy, he´s been busy) or bad (i´ll never come so far/ damn that guy is crazy) you choose....

my astral claw army, 6k points when i checket last time, way past 6k...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb197/mark_decker/astral%20claws/20150123_092649.jpg

this was a motivation thread huh??? 

i dont know if this is a good (look at that guy, he´s been busy) or bad (i´ll never come so far/ damn that guy is crazy) you choose....

my astral claw army, 6k points when i checket last time, way past 6k...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb197/mark_decker/astral%20claws/20150123_092649.jpg

First, I need to pick up my jaw.  Second, can we get more pics of this army?

Archived