Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

Just had a thought, and it's part wishful thinking, but largely based on three supporting bits of "evidence"-

One is the new command tank rules, 2 is the BA add-on sprues and 3 is GWs goal of going for cash. 

So, what if GW include various units in the SM dex and label them as available for Faction: BA as they have done with the command tanks?

This would urge us to not only buy the SM dex, but also the new stuff.  Would be a great money spinner for GW.

They've never done anything like it- so theres no precedent and as a result, highly unlikely.....but...as said...there is that wishful thinking going on.  

And it really, really would make sense. 

Don't get my hopes up buddy.

Is it silly that I would totally go for this option?

"heres a load of new stuff to buy and a new book with all the rules to go with your current codex and all the suppliments you've already bought."

Dammit GW, shut up and take my money.

I hope your right dude, but I doubt it.

yeah i wish this so hard.  I think mostly its because all the other space marines got new units, yeah yeah we got a terminator captain and tac squad, but im talking about stuff like the DA and SW flyers, Stormtalon, the Centaurions, etc.  The unit doesnt have to be good really just something new.  I was really hoping we would have gotten a 150 pt flyer, but i was let down.  Maybe we get something in this realese, im hoping, but its unlikely. 

Also the assault squad bits dont count, from the tactical squad and death company kits, I already have far enough BA bits.

The rumor is marines are getting a points cost decrease, would we get the same, im thinking no.

How many fewer points can a marine be before they are slightly buffed Guardsman?

I thought one SM could take on 10 Guardsmen?

The rumor is marines are getting a points cost decrease, would we get the same, im thinking no.

How many fewer points can a marine be before they are slightly buffed Guardsman?

Yeah its just a rumor that I read on Faeit212, but thats the rumor, I think 1-2 pts per model decrease.  

The point of my question really was if vanilla marines get generic changes like that will BA get  errata'd?

Rezin- what interests me, is that there would be no need for an errata -  if they were listed as available to faction XYZ, then you just apply the rules from that codex to those units.  But ya :/  Really wishful thinking ><;  So, so easy ><:

Just odd to me that people online can see things like this with blinding ease and a money-making company cant put this together.  Baffles me.  Wish i could see behind that iron curtain so i could see what it is theyre actually thinking

Yeah I hear ya.  Maybe we're wrong, maybe they are doing market analysis and wont turn more profit.  Do you also think it could be unhealthy for the game with such an enormous amount of Marine love compared to the other factions?

You're thinking correctly!

I'll also be shocked if BA get access to that eviscerator. Our assault squads already have unique wargear in the form of meltagun access and particularly hand flamers and inferno pistols, so...

HAH NOT ON THE TABLE TOP!!! furious.gif The poor space marine will have his thick ceramite armor plates melted by little lazer pointers with first rank fire second rank fire! LOL wallbash.gif

So, what if GW include various units in the SM dex and label them as available for Faction: BA as they have done with the command tanks?

This would urge us to not only buy the SM dex, but also the new stuff.  Would be a great money spinner for GW.

They've never done anything like it- so theres no precedent and as a result, highly unlikely.....but...as said...there is that wishful thinking going on.  

And it really, really would make sense.

Didn't they do exactly that with the Land Raider Crusader? Initially it was Black Templar only.

Personally I'd love this to bits. Give us access to a fee units and new wargear (hopefully thunder fires) and make the Marine factions at least make sense.

If core Marines are changed and BA aren't and we are left with an outdated codex not 6 months after release I'll be so dumb founded. I love my BA but it's hard to find reasons to play them :'(

Would be nice to see though a load of footnotes adding in units that fit the fluff of the other Astartes dexes in the main Dex though.

You're thinking correctly!

I'll also be shocked if BA get access to that eviscerator. Our assault squads already have unique wargear in the form of meltagun access and particularly hand flamers and inferno pistols, so...

It just a shame that Hand Flamers and Inferno pistols suck for their points cost! Seriously I love my BA but I do feel like we're 3rd fiddle behind Codex and SW...

D

Back in 3rd ed that's exactly what the BA codex was. You had by by the main space marine codex and the BA codex was a supplement that referenced the main codex for most of the units and wargear. So there is presidence for it who knows that may be the direction for the rumoured DA codex?

Mic

Back in 3rd ed that's exactly what the BA codex was. You had by by the main space marine codex and the BA codex was a supplement that referenced the main codex for most of the units and wargear. So there is presidence for it who knows that may be the direction for the rumoured DA codex?

Mic

Some of us still remember 3rd edition :D

I mean, is it that far fetched for them to do a Main "Sdaptus Astartes" core codex and supliment the other chapters?

It's worked pretty well for Chaos and Tau, why not marines? 

Because I think there is a larger difference between vanilla marine players and blood angel players.  Vanilla players were sad in 5th when blood angels could do everything nilla marines could do but better.  

Vanilla players were sad in 5th when blood angels could do everything nilla marines could do but better.

How so? the 5th Ed C:BA had no thunderfire cannons, no bike troops, no land speeders storm heck captains didn't even have artificer armour. In exchange we got better deep striking, ASM troops, sanguinary priests and the flying brick. It seemed pretty balanced to me. I think it was just the same whine as nowaydays that the other superficially similar army gets new toys and mine doesn't.

via 4chan

>New assault marines can take 2 special weapons (even melta) or two melee weapons for unit. The veteran sergent can take an eviscerator for 10 points.

>Assault marines have a rule that allow them to contest even against units with objective secured.

>Tactical marines have objective secured as a base rule.

>Devastators can take free heavy bolters and every other weapons is 5 points less. They can take Grav cannons for 10 points each.

>Signum now gives split fire and night vision.

>Anti-air missiles are now free with each missile launcher, even those on land speeder or terminators

>Missile launchers on Land speeder storms and drop pod now have pinning.

>All sergeants can take auspex now

>Centurions don't have twin-linked weapons anymore. They instead have two heavy bolters or two lascannons each. Grav is the same. They can shoot with all weapons.

>A lot of generic formations are for "Dark Angels, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels and Space Wolves faction".

Please apply salt..

via 4chan

>New assault marines can take 2 special weapons (even melta) or two melee weapons for unit. The veteran sergent can take an eviscerator for 10 points.

>Assault marines have a rule that allow them to contest even against units with objective secured.

>Tactical marines have objective secured as a base rule.

>Devastators can take free heavy bolters and every other weapons is 5 points less. They can take Grav cannons for 10 points each.

>Signum now gives split fire and night vision.

>Anti-air missiles are now free with each missile launcher, even those on land speeder or terminators

>Missile launchers on Land speeder storms and drop pod now have pinning.

>All sergeants can take auspex now

>Centurions don't have twin-linked weapons anymore. They instead have two heavy bolters or two lascannons each. Grav is the same. They can shoot with all weapons.

>A lot of generic formations are for "Dark Angels, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels and Space Wolves faction".

Please apply salt..

Not gonna lie, I will be really pissed of if vanilla assault marines become better than the blood angel ones. Not even going to touch the missiles. 

Archived