Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lack of support from LGS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

rezin70

rezin70

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

MTG pretty much runs the store I play at and 40k players are left on the back burner.  Also it doesnt help that a couple of store veterans quit playing because of 6th edition and are vocal about how the game sucks (most of their complaints arent valid  in today's codexes and rules).   

Does anyone else suffer from this?  I'd like to here your stories/thoughts/

slipknotzim

slipknotzim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts
actually and I know I will catch a lot of heat for this but I felt 5th was moderately fair(as fair as this game gets) and I like 7th, maelstrom and likeminded people have made it fun even when I am out classed bye newer dex. I don’t do competitive so there’s that to consider.

all of the local game shops round here have closed 4 in my life time, my only two options are to go to an literal ice house ware house at 7p and use their work shop (they allow) or go into the city and risk my car being towed because the game shop doesn’t have dedicated parking and the neighboring business take offense to us being parked there that long.

So back burner doesn’t sound so bad lol.[/size]

Edited by Brother Tyler, 07 June 2015 - 06:02 PM.
Color tags removed so that people can read the post.

friday-award.png

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,644 posts

I wish I could read your post without highlighting it slip. :c

I noticed a few issues with my LGS when I was down south, however since moving to Shropshire I haven't had any issues; the staff are friendly, helpful and engaging. I can't say what the gaming scene is like there as I haven't finished putting my army together yet, however at a glance there's more fantasy players than 40k.

• rezin70 likes this

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts

Hey mate,

I don’t know anything about your situation except from what you’ve just told us but it feels to me like you might want to have a peek around for a different store. A store is a store but if that store is playing MTG and not Warhammer 40k, and that is what you would like to do, it simply might not be the right place anymore.
Is there any other stores around? Does anyone have a sizeable basement you could borrow a night every week as long as you sweep the floor afterwards? Playing in an environment where A) it almost feels like you are taking someone elses’ space ‘cause they are doing different things and B.)people constantly talk smack about must be really tiering and putting a lid on the awesomeness that is 40k!

Where I lived before the only local supplier of Warhammer was a toys store, and they did not have any tables, no sir, and then the profit margins weren’t good enough so they stopped selling altogether. Next closest store? Two hours by car, and you’d have to park an hour away.

I am very fortunate now to have a FLGS within two train stops and a small but active w40k focused community. The owner is doing it as a side-job/project next to his main work and is only open 3-4 times a week, but there is always a turn-out on Tuesday nights and we usually have 3 tables going.

Edited by Emicus, 01 June 2015 - 01:38 PM.

New years resolution: Not start more than THREE armies this year.

Lord-Commander Macarian

Lord-Commander Macarian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 152 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Imperial Steel Legion

I feel for you mate, I was in a similiar situation years ago. I tried to keep going but in the end it was pulling on a dead horse. Painting and netlisting gets old really quick when you have noone to play with. 

In the end I sold off or stored my miniatures, paints and books away and left the hobby for the better part of the last six years. I did keep my ear to the ground by joining the Games Workshop email-list and checking blogs (Faeit212, BOLS and B&C). This proved to be a saviour for me as about two weeks ago I learned a Warhammer Store had opened in a town an hour's worth travel away. Went there last weekend and I am now part of a resurgent hobby community, we have around ten guys all with similiar stories as mine rebuilding our armies and getting up to speed with the new rules. Coming Friday I will play my first game of 40k in six years with 750 points of Space Marines.

The moral of the story, even if it looks bleak right now do not despair, in time an opportunity will present itself. Keep an ear out and be ready to seize it when it comes.

Best of luck!

Edited by Lord-Commander Macarian, 01 June 2015 - 04:02 PM.

• Machine God likes this

"Tell that madman we are his butchers no more. Tell him that we will return to our duties as Mankind's Protectors. This was our final act as members of his Legion. We obey no Tyrant."

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,772 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

i think the main problem is ... GW favours LGS only if they made good profit - which is often a infinite loop - most LGS i know don't like GW or doing advertising - no advertising, lesser sails - lesser sails, no favourism from GW's side - and so on :X

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My WIP Thread (30k and Nurgle Death Guard, Word Bearers, Daemons and NECROMUNDA!)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificertn_gallery_79873_10492_275647.jpg

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users