Ccs in chimera

Dear people of the B&C,

It might be my ignorence, but why would one put a company command squad in a chimera?

The rules for voice of command states that it can not be used from vehicles, so it cant be that...

Indeed, the Chimera has the Command Vehicle special rule, allowing Command Squads to issue Orders from it. Given the larger footprint of the Chimera hull, this gives you a little more range on the Orders.

Additionally, Command Squads are great for loading up with special weapons and throwing at a target.

Yes, orders aren't a shooting attack and the rules for them state that they can't be used from vehicles with no other stipulations. The Chimera's Mobile Command Vehicle special rule explicitly permits orders to be given from within, but makes no mention of using fire points by doing so.

No, because I didn't have chimeras at the time...sad.png

But now I do! And more bodies! And Heavy Weapons!

More bodies and heavy weapons!!! You can always add a few extra. ;)

To sum up all the above posts as to why you might put a CCS in to a Chimera.
+ It has a special rule allowing you to give orders when embarked!
+ It slightly increases the range of your orders, as you measure from the hull!
+ It keeps the poor CCS alive during a strong breeze, or slightly longer when getting shot!
+ CCS love special weapons, and they now have a mobile bunker!

And one thing I would like to add:
+ Target overload for your enemy! ANOTHER chimera is another tank that has to be shot at, another tank shocker, another annoying heavy bolter and multi-laser.. If you only have two meltaguns, and that :cuss Guard player has five tanks, you’ve got to make some tougher choices than if he only brought three.

I've always liked the Chimera model, and it's gotta be one of the best basic transports in the game (the first is that filthy Xenos Wave Serpent). I have a question about the occupants, if the chimera moves, a master of ordinance inside can't fire, is that correct? 

So is it best to not move the vet heavy weapons teams? I'm putting melta vets in my troops chimera, with an autocannon CCS in my command Chimera. Or would it be better to just leave the autocannon out of the CCS?

If you are using the Chimera as a gun base, give it ML/HB and the vets inside should have one heavy weapon and maybe a plasma gun or grenade launcher (only one special weapon).

Mobile vets with melta weapons shouldn't have a heavy weapon.

Archived