Lectitio Divinatus

Ion

So, I'm kinda planning on some writing for my progress log (once I actually start working on painting *cough*) and I wanted to incorporate aspects of the Lectitio Divinatus at times. 

But I have no idea if there's been any examples of what is actually written in the book beyond 'The Emperor Protects' and something about how only the divine deny divinity.

Does anyone know of any examples directly from the Lectitio Divinatus that's been mentioned in the series this far?

In "The First Heretic" I Imagined there might be some passages about it since the whole book was written by Lorgar.

One direct quote from Lorgar himself is on the first page although it is unknown if it is the Lectio itself but I assume you could use it.

"If a man gathers ten thousand suns in his hands... If a man seeds a hundred thousand worlds with his sons and daughters, granting them custody of the galaxy itself... If a man guides a million vessels between the infinite stars with a mere thought... Then I pray you tell me, if you are able, how such a man is anything less than a god."

I'll have a look for a few more quotes to help.

There are also some fragments in "The Divine Word" (legacies of betrayal anthology):

The Word of the Emperor must be Read and Heard with Diligence, so that you may arrive to the Knowledge that is needful for you.’

– from the The Lectitio Divinitatus

and

‘Love the Emperor, for He is the salvation of Mankind.

Obey His words, for He will lead you into the light of the future.

Heed his wisdom, for He will protect you from evil.

Whisper His prayers with devotion, for they will save your soul.

Honour His servants, for they speak in His voice.

Tremble before His majesty, for we all walk in His immortal shadow...’

This thread is sponsored by XX legion :)

Archived