Datasheet Discussion: Space Marine Command Tanks

Jolemai

I honestly didn't know we had something like Tank commanders for a very long time. Everybody knows about the AM Tank commander and some even know about the Tau one that's not even a real commander....but how many do actually know that SM have some as well? biggrin.png

Well, those who read my updates in the BA Resources do msn-wink.gif

(Time permitting, I will try and get it more up to date once the 8th edition hits...)

No clue what you are talking about. :P

No, seriously. Not everyone is reading forums and not everyone who is reads everything...especially not old threads that aren't particularly active anymore, no matter whether they are pinned or not.

I honestly didn't know we had something like Tank commanders for a very long time. Everybody knows about the AM Tank commander and some even know about the Tau one that's not even a real commander....but how many do actually know that SM have some as well? biggrin.png

Don't forget Sergeant Chronus. Although being a finecast model, I'd expect him to be eaten by nids anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Reading through the new data sheets, I haven't seen it specified that the pair must be taken together any more. Have I missed something? A primaris rhino on its own would be quite good as a cheap HQ choice for some lists.

Edit: typo

Yeah, no longer required to take both, but the LR gets a +1 to hit bonus if you have the rhino within 24".

I feel like the Excelsior, while expensive, would be excellent leading a spearhead. Same re-roll bubble as a captain but 16W at T8 with a 2+/5++. That's before you consider the transport space and armament.

The Rhino, although not cheap at 170pts, seems like a good pick in almost any army. The one-off bombardment and targeting skull particularly are great.

Errl, look at the entries for plasma guns there. The'y copied and pasted the infantry entries instead of vehicle rules for plasma guns.

If you fire the plasma gun overcharged on your primaris and roll a 1, the primaris dies outright. Same for the combi plasma on your Excelsior.

The 5++ on the excelsior is a massive bonus over the 6++ it had last edition.

I think the primaris is kind of poop with the massive reduction in damage for the orbital array. The skulls are nice, but not worth 100pts or 9 (?!) power.

The Excelsior will be a nice HQ choice for a full mech army I can do.

Primaris might be nice in that instance to hide back and repair stuff.

Archived