Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

Got my two DA upgrade sets today. Quality is superb, but usefulness and price is what I am doubting. In terms of shoulder pads you get your mileage, but in terms of bitz and trinkets you got a far better deal with the old vet upgrade sprue. Still, good details to build your own special snowflake. Robes can be done with green stuff ;)

The old vet sprue is still around, you just have to buy the whole box, which stinks, because you do pay more and the special weapons sprue and bases really aren't worth the extra cost, but it isn't totally gone.

It bears repeating that the "old" sprue isn't gone - in fact it isn't even the same thing.  People continue to compare a small conversion frame with a full unit.

Who honestly expected that we would continue to get a complete 5-man Elite unit for $20?  We got spoiled by having it so good for so long.

A more apt comparison would be to compare the new sprue to the old shoulder pads - you paid $10 for 10 shoulder pads, and this new sprue is right in line with that.  The new pads look better, and if the rest of the bits aren't worth a mere $3.50, I don't know what would satisfy you.

I can see why it would not be perceived as a value if you are not interested in the pads - $13.50 for the rest is indeed steep.  But comparing it to the Veterans sprue wouldn't get you a different result, in truth - without the pads on that frame, you're paying twice that for the rest.  In which case, the Veterans box still isn't a bad value.

The problem of the veteran sprue is that is not so well done and it's outdated by the new DW box Too...

The shoulder pads are not DA ones cause the chapter symbol lacks the wings and the robes are not so good...

The DW parts are not the best (in particolar the legs and the shoulder pads) and now in the DW box we have all we need and these DW parts steal Space in this sprue...

On the other side the backpacks and weapons are pretty good...

This is a sprue that needs a serious remake to include all we need For veterans and command squads...

The LSV... I never built one... Just a single DS...

The problem of the veteran sprue is that is not so well done and it's outdated by the new DW box Too..

Then why is every critical comment on the new upgrade frame followed by a lament that the old frame is no longer sold separately?

The things you say are true for the most part - though I do like getting a set of Terminator legs in each kit because that's essentially a free $10 model with the spares I have of everything else.

Guys I know we are talking rumours here but with the rumoured 12formations in the codex astartes can you imagine the formations Dark Angels could get?

Quite honestly this gets me more pumped about the new codex than anything else...seriously.

I relate the ultra strike force as something amazing for DA. The box sets could be very cool too. Sorry this is just speculation but I can't help but see a lot of positivity in the pending release.

If true, that's a bummer. My guess is that they may move to direct order only though, since the GW page only says "Temporarily Out of Stock" and has the "E-mail Me" button still, which means GW anticipates new stock. They may just not be letting stores stock them directly after the initial release.

Something I read in the SM rumors thread, but I could have read wrong. They names formations or whatever the name is for UM,RG,IH,IF,WS,CF but didn't name a 7th. That could be BT or who knows... DA. But that is just me taking a shot in the dark. I'm just saying that I won't be surprised if something like that happens, that's all.

If we were folded into C:SM we would have seen a big fuss about one of the big four being subsumed. The 7th chapter in C:SM is successors anyway. 

What we do have is rumormongers occasionally mentioning it and working redirects for a 2015 codex and data cards. We also have pictures of a DA specific generic character which will be released after C:SM. That sounds more like we're going to have a new codex soon after rather than being rolled.

The 7th is called 'Successor Chapters', which excludes DA. Most signs point against being rolled. This isn't something to be concerned of until we actually see hard proof. Right now the only concern should be when the new book will hit and how it will play.

This whole thing does make you realize how difficult it is for GW to change anything with 'core' units the way they are releasing stuff now. Like how would you change the fundamental rhino in the main Codex Astartes, and not tick off the 'other' guys with a 'normal', dated rhino? An FAQ? They don't exist anymore.

Actually the new way codex are made allows that more easily than before.

Have you noticed that now, any unit entry looks like a dataslate?

And have you noticed how GW is trying to make every codex looking like that as quick as possible?

Btw, have you noticed that now, a unit description is present in every box set?

So what does it implies ? That GW will sell codex as "fluff books", and not as rules reference. The rules of each unit will be present in its own box set

That way, if you change the rhino, it will be changed for EVERY codex using it in the same time.

Of course this is speculations but this evolution is likely to happen(and the releases of the age of dinar rules and boxset are likely to validate or invalidate the reflexion...

Archived