Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

I think I will go with the Grey Knights option.  I definitely want something that looks like a powered weapon, rather than something medieval and low-tech.

I'd already been considering picking up a box of Grey Knight terminators for conversions; this may be one more reason to do so.

It looks like it would be fairly easy to turn those halberds into power lances, based on the wiki picture of that weapon.  And I have many uses for those nifty helmets, wrist-mounted storm bolters, psychic hoods, and other fancy bitz.

I was also looking at the White Scars Commander model - does anyone know if this is plastic, resin, or metal?  If I can use the lance arm with the tilting buckler that would be a delight.  I can use the fairing and the head and other barbarian bitz for w Wolf Guard biker too.

I considered those - but they don't look "technical" enough for me.  Looks like Grey Knights it is - easy enough to modify the halberd blade to look like this:

Power Lance   WS

One of those, a tilting plate from a Terminator Suit, maybe one of the more Gothic helms and you've got a Black Knight that actually looks like a futuristic mounted Knight!

I considered those - but they don't look "technical" enough for me.  Looks like Grey Knights it is - easy enough to modify the halberd blade to look like this:

One of those, a tilting plate from a Terminator Suit, maybe one of the more Gothic helms and you've got a Black Knight that actually looks like a futuristic mounted Knight!

I have a cunning plan :) .... You might not get the reference :) It was a british comedy :)

I considered those - but they don't look "technical" enough for me. Looks like Grey Knights it is - easy enough to modify the halberd blade to look like this:

One of those, a tilting plate from a Terminator Suit, maybe one of the more Gothic helms and you've got a Black Knight that actually looks like a futuristic mounted Knight!

I have a cunning plan smile.png .... You might not get the reference smile.png It was a british comedy smile.png

'tis but a flesh wound.

Feel No Pain, you know.

Also when you have 5 THSS in 5 members squad you can't take any heavy weapons.

This is up for debate and I tend to lean towards it being possible to have a TH/SS or LCs + heavy weapon. The problem is it comes down to the order of activity when selecting unit upgrades, which obviously isn't a thing in the formal rules.

Obviously the LC & TH/SS bullet says 'replace all of its weapons' (emphasis mine), but the heavy weapon bullet says a terminator 'may take an item' (emphasis mine) instead of replace its equipment. RAW I don't see why you can't 'replace' your SB & PF with TH/SS then 'take' a CML.

RAI I think the change from wording on previous dexes suggests the intention is to allow DW to take heavy weapons for the CC termies. This is also a defining characteristic of the DW and helps explain the increased points cost for CC termies, i.e. they have better options than their codex brethren. That said, it's obviously futile trying to rationalise GW points and rules decisions/wording.

Anyway, this probably belongs in the FAQ thread or rules forum, but I just wanted to raise that the assertion made by Wariax is not universally accepted.

Don't put in an FAQ question. That's how they ended up with the "Deathwing Sergeants can't take lightning claws or thunder hammer" ruling.

Read the list from the top the way most things do. If you want an plasma cannon, assault cannon, or heavy flamer then you need a storm bolter to swap for it, but if you take a cyclone missile launcher it's just in addition to whatever else you're carrying.

I considered those - but they don't look "technical" enough for me. Looks like Grey Knights it is - easy enough to modify the halberd blade to look like this:

One of those, a tilting plate from a Terminator Suit, maybe one of the more Gothic helms and you've got a Black Knight that actually looks like a futuristic mounted Knight!

I have a cunning plan smile.png .... You might not get the reference smile.png It was a british comedy smile.png

Is it so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel?

I'm not sure why people are beat up over the cml with other weapons debate.

Thunder hammers work best deployed in bulk, denying that is simply a lie and if your deploying the cml the entire unit should be able to shoot with that guy via storm bolters not just one guy. And that means no bulk thunder hammers.

If you want a unit to shoot then shoot, if you want a unit to cc then gear them for cc don't try and extend the usefulness of a unit as one track minded as terminators are beyond its limits, it's asking for accidents and to wish you hadn't spent points on one of his upgrades.

Archived