== Martian Death Ray Club ==

I think it'd make more sense going back to Stofficus' Choomsday Cage (just without the ridiculous 2++ :P ) - make it useful in close combat but shooting is not really affected much.

Is that mold line running down his left leg, or part of his armor?

With the way it runs down the leg...Mould Line :x

:huh.: :mellow.: :furious:

Well of all the god damned... Argh. How is it that things only show when you take a picture of them? :confused:

It's okay, it's okay. It's fixable. Probably.:ph34r.:

Sorry to be the bearer of mold line tidings, but the same thing of not seeing them until you post pics has happened to me several times. I know those feels.

Sorry to be the bearer of mold line tidings, but the same thing of not seeing them until you post pics has happened to me several times. I know those feels.

It's okay. It's been caught early enough that it won't be a pita to fix. ^_^

I kind of imagine a Volkite grenade to be a quick burst of hundreds of smaller volkite beams (either in a chosen direction or all around it), rather than a conventional explosion. Similar to the "Chaos mine" from Code Geass:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-10-2015/9ah1Cb.gif

It would make a pretty cool alternative to the usual "thing that goes boom" concept most grenades go for. Why go boom when you can go CHOOM-CHOOM-CHOOM? :wink:

little mini tanks with handlers petting them and encouraging them(that's how I see rapier platforms behaving, kind of like dogs I guess)

Thank you for this wonderful mental image, it's going to enhance my enjoyment of Imperial Armour XIII a lot.

Speaking of the lost and the damned, we've seen all kinds of weapons with... unsanctioned modifications... drawing on the forces of the immaterium; heavy bolters with malefic ammo, ectoplasma cannons, inferno bolts, baleflamers and so on. What do you suppose might be done to enhance the output of a volkite given, say, 10,000 years of unspeakable tech-heresy in a screaming hell vortex? Can you add that infernal edge to your deflagration?

Speaking of the lost and the damned, we've seen all kinds of weapons with... unsanctioned modifications... drawing on the forces of the immaterium; heavy bolters with malefic ammo, ectoplasma cannons, inferno bolts, baleflamers and so on. What do you suppose might be done to enhance the output of a volkite given, say, 10,000 years of unspeakable tech-heresy in a screaming hell vortex? Can you add that infernal edge to your deflagration?

In my minds eye I can see a Word Bearer, classically mutated (much like Rogue Trader era mutations) so that one arm (his right) has a Volkite weapon embedded into it. The baleful red light remains, but instead of those normal 'smoke-rings' Volkites emit when fired, I see a bestial face - still red and still encircling the beam like the 'smoke-rings' would - opening the jaws of it's mouth as the gun fires and keeps opening as the bestial face dissipates. All of this in the split second that crimson flash happens and a Volkite fires.

Or, how about heretek warp-craft? Bind a couple of (hundred) souls to the Volkite to power it, or perhaps tap into the warp itself, and embellish the gun with the bones of heroes/daemons/whatever. Add on a few runes and voila! :P

Oh a soul blaze style weapon. A less powerful deflagrate impact but more of a lingering soul blaze to show the degradation of the technologies that fire the weapon but the incorporation of dark magiks make up for it? I like it! You could model it with a spirit host face from the nagash range?

How can I Star away from this?!

So I am chooming in an idea first ...

The Volkite Caliope

An overhead assembly of Volkite beamers which can be fired single or salvo. Oneshot. Powered from an extra generator. Mounted on an external rack over the vehicle body or turret.

With an extra carapace upgrade for titans!

Will doodle up some sketches along the line...

[quote name="A Kvlt Ghost" post="4080860" timestamp="1433948461"

Speaking of the lost and the damned, we've seen all kinds of weapons with... unsanctioned modifications... drawing on the forces of the immaterium; heavy bolters with malefic ammo, ectoplasma cannons, inferno bolts, baleflamers and so on. What do you suppose might be done to enhance the output of a volkite given, say, 10,000 years of unspeakable tech-heresy in a screaming hell vortex? Can you add that infernal edge to your deflagration?

@A Kvlt Ghost - Well here's the rub. Yes they've been in the Eye for 10,000 years, but we all know that time passes slower, slowly or not at all in there. Your Choom-tastic guns may have relatively only had 100 years tops to fart around with the tech;-)

Edited by Scion of Ferrus

@A Kvlt Ghost - Well here's the rub. Yes they've been in the Eye for 10,000 years, but we all know that time passes slower, slowly or not at all in there. Your Choom-tastic guns may have relatively only had 100 years tops to fart around with the tech;-)

That's a possibility, yes, but remember time is fluid in the warp. Time dilates and time contracts. That 10,000 years could easily go the other way and an individual could experience dozens of thousands of years. Think of Horus in Vengeful Spirit, after his jaunt in the warp he comes back much more wizened and leathery than before, and yet moments had passed on our side, the material side of the 'gate'.

Edited by Olis

I have a confession.

I don't believe in Choom.

I watched Mars Attacks too many times, their blasters is pretty much how I imgaine Volkites to look and sound like.  :P

http://33.media.tumblr.com/e5f4b6d7429d87823b12be93ee26845e/tumblr_n4phigM31z1sz7asho10_400.gif

I have a confession.

I don't believe in Choom.

I watched Mars Attacks too many times, their blasters is pretty much how I imgaine Volkites to look and sound like.  :tongue.:

Each to their own, brother. To choom or not to choom, the Volkite remains undiminished. Some see red, some see blue. ;) 

Nobody said Volkites were originally human in origin.....  :tongue.:

EDIT: And it is a Martian Death Ray, after all. :lol:

Edited by Hyaenidae

Are you suggesting that the imperial tech may be based on xeno tech. Cos that makes the magos in me sad....

There's, like, a gazillion different things we've stolen or reverse-engineered from Xenos. The Mechanicum had whole sub-sects dedicated to researching forbidden tech, and even the Iron Warriors had a Lodge that was adherents to using xenos tech (and other nightmarish weapons) to fight humanities' enemies (the 'Burned Men').

This is mankind of the 30k era, we're talking about. 'what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine' is our creed to the entire Universe.  :P

Are you suggesting that the imperial tech may be based on xeno tech. Cos that makes the magos in me sad....

There's, like, a gazillion different things we've stolen or reverse-engineered from Xenos. The Mechanicum had whole sub-sects dedicated to researching forbidden tech, and even the Iron Warriors had a Lodge that was adherents to using xenos tech (and other nightmarish weapons) to fight humanities' enemies (the 'Burned Men').

This is mankind of the 30k era, we're talking about. 'what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine' is our creed to the entire Universe.  :P

Ok I'm looking in my Omnissiah User manual and can't see anything about xeno tech. I think you need to turn yourself in to the nearest Magos, he will remove your brain and replace it with a glorious man made machine.

Both Stygies and Incaladion have significant interests in Xeno Tech.

But back to Volkites:

Castigator Tempest Warblade - actual Volkite tech or just Volkite'ish tech?

I guess it isn't actually a laser....

Both Stygies and Incaladion have significant interests in Xeno Tech.

But back to Volkites:

Castigator Tempest Warblade - actual Volkite tech or just Volkite'ish tech?

I guess it isn't actually a laser....

I am unsure as to what kind of laser volkites are.

If we look at what they can do on the table top

Higher strength than lasgun = more energy per photon of energy. Rules out light

Poor AP = unable to impart much kinetic force. Rules out exotic heavy matter (probably) aswell as Alpha particles (Helium ions)

Deflagrate = Needs to impart alot of energy into the target. Rules out gamma particles and all the flavours of neutrinos as they are too weakly interacting.

Based on that they are most likely beta+ particle BEAM WEAPONS. Also known as electron guns.

Note here: Laser is only usable when talking about the electromagnetic spectrum not particles.

Enough mass for AP5 (flak armour), higher energy per photon packet duebto increased mass and charge and when electrons hit any substance and decelerate the release bremstraulung (breaking radiation) in the form of microwaves. Sound like deflagrate to you?

Based on that you could (with 30k tech) curve a continous beam of electrons around a solid core using electomagnetic foces (edge of blade around the center) and thus have a choom sword.

Now thats done im back off the hide in my darkened room.

Behold the science of the volkites.

Note: Please feel free to disagree, havent flexed my particle phyics knowledge in months so may be abit rusty.

Edited by v6v77