== Martian Death Ray Club ==

We might need a CHOOM poetry hour at this rate...

I... attempted something.

When Terra's united

And we venture to the deep

Our bolters become cheap

But mankind must be freed

Thus on Mars, with arcane might

Were wrought weapon to unleash doom

These weapons exquisite, our holy volkite

Vanquish foes and xenos, under one choom

When Terra's united

Our bolters become cheap

If done to the rhythm of the Skryim/Oblivion intro theme, that actually works quite well. 

of course, just going "CHOOM" to that beat would also be acceptable. 

Edited by Stofficus

When Terra's united

Our bolters become cheap

We who are about to CHOOM, Salute You!

And there was me thinking of altering Baldrick's war poem 

I title it The Volkite Guns.

Choom, Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom,Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom, Choom, Choom

Blackadder reference. 10 Internet points

Moving swiftly on... Anyone make any kills, yet?

On August 11th I shall. 

In the mean time, I'm putting stuff in boxes, renting a storage unit and then living on a train from the end of the month until then. The CHOOM shall rest, but it shall be ready. 

How do we report then? My ten man caliver squad has some scalps to its name including a certain wolfy wolf wolf dreadnought. Bjorn copped some hella unlucky interceptor.

Had a game yesterday against Blood Angels. My ten guys with deathrays was for the first time doing allright. Most notoriously they killed off most part of a jetbike squad and two separate landspeeders. The rest of the turns they claimed objectives and had their choom bounce off 3+/2+ saves.

How do we report then? My ten man caliver squad has some scalps to its name including a certain wolfy wolf wolf dreadnought. Bjorn copped some hella unlucky interceptor.

If you wish to use the kill-claim system I made in the initial posts of this thread, then a proper claim means that you've got to make a small story out of the action. Nothing strenuous, just a small blurb. Couple of paragraphs should do it. 

My entry into the kill list

Javid crouched lower behind the smashed remnants of an imperial building. No clue remained as to its original form or function, it now serving a far greater purpose in granting cover to him and his squad.

Cover from a squad of long fangs in a raised posistion across the street. Before long lascannon and missle fire would rain down on their posistion. For now the warriors of the 248th Harrow ghosted around the ruins under the cover of night.

The space wolves keen senses made infiltrating through their lines an ardous task, a task relished by every Alpha legionaire. To pit their skills against the greatest hunters and trackers of the imperium.

Shouts broke Javids moment of contemplation, the legions movements had been spotted. Rather than being a surprise this conformed perfectly to the current plan. The wolves were to see legion movements and drop in reinforcements as was their way.

Javids augury scanner began showing incoming drop pods. The twin runes coming in on almost the same approach vector. Having barely enough time to vox a warning to his squad he braced for what was to follow.

Like a bolt from the heavens a fiery streak connected ground and sky for an instant. Amidst this pillar of flame a pair of drop pods develerated to impact roughly onto the surface.

Javids augury scanner began to feed tactical and telemtric data to his squads autosenses. Before the pods occupants had taken half a dozen steps the night lit to day.

Volkite beams roared (choomed) out of the darkness. Connecting Javids squad to the pack of grey hunters and an accompanying rune priest.

Slashing through the grey armoured figures, punching through plate to boil and burst the soft tissue within. Great jets of super heated gases lanced out at surrounding figures like the questing tendrils of some foul xenos beast. Striking down those who had survived the initial volley.

With the sound of the volkites still echoing around the ruins the rune priest succumed to his wounds. Too great was the power of the volkites, for even his storm shield could not resist their bombardment.

Behind him, Javid heard the tell tale sound of rockets being launched. Intercepting fire for the dreadnoughtth at had just dropped in aswell. He permitted himself a small smile. The wolves were used to being the hunters. But now a trap had been sprung, and the hunter now became the hunted. The space wolves became prey for the Alpha legion.

Edited by v6v77

Well, v6v77, I think that's counts as a valid claim. You can use the necessary images from the initial posts to start your tally. :tu:

Well, v6v77, I think that's counts as a valid claim. You can use the necessary images from the initial posts to start your tally. :tu:

Oh i only use the mobile site so i dont really see them. Was just a fun thing to do.

Choooooom

My entry

Shadow Captain Korynus waited patiently as his Darkwing Storm Eagle descended into the fray. He knew that his men on the ground had been taking heavy fire from the Dark Angels troops on the ground. In the troop compartment were ten of his Mor Deythan and his Primus Medicae.

With an alert from the pilot, Korynus was informed that they would be disembarking right in the thick of the fighting, and that was just as he liked it.

As the front ramp opened, they disembarked quickly and directly in front of them were ten marines on foot and a Librarian, the leader of the Dark Angels force, on a bike. Easy pickings.

The Dark Angels were surprised by the sudden appearance of Korynus and his Shadow Masters, and it would be the last mistake they make.

With a volley of chooms, twelve Combi-Volkites unloaded into the squad, and in a blink of the eye they were dead, not even the Librarian's artifact shield could save him or those near him.

In a single moment, they had changed the tide of the battle. With the Dark Angels' commander dead, and the high ground taken, the battle was that much closer to being won.

(Not sure how legit this is but it's 10 marines and a bike libby so that's something. Either way... Send not to know for whom the Volkite chooms, it chooms for thee.)