== Martian Death Ray Club ==

I had two ideas recently, inspired by all the choomy goodness shared on this most excellent thread;

A Vindicator Rapier Laser Destroyer - with a Solar Auxilia Leman Russ Incinerator Demi-Culverin in place of the laser array. The 'Choomicator.'

A Sicaran Venator - With the above Demi-Culverin in place of the main weapon. Also Culverin sponsons and the cherry on top - a pintle mounted Culverin for the tanks commander. The 'Sicaran Choominator.'

Choom on gentlemen... Choom on.

The Sicaran Venator sounds fantastic but dare I say that an Arkurian Pattern Choomsword would be fantastic?!  4-Twin Linked Demi Culverins or perhaps an even more massive variety in the primary cannon slot!

Please excuse the quick shop but that cannon just needed to be posted in case FW stumbles upon it and sees the choom at the end of the tunnel.

http://i.imgur.com/cfLj1HK.png

Depthcharge brought it up about a dozen posts back. Before that? Maybe. I'm feeling too lazy to check atm. :wink:

By all means, let's talk about it. :smile.:

Yup, looks like StoneSentinels first mentioned it, but it wasn't developed. However, discussion was made on the Vindicator mount.

So I's been thinking in me brain, me has, and wot's popped into it but a Volkite rapier battery idea!!!

Think about the WHFB dwarf artillery guns, except, three volkite calivers mounted on a rapier platform :drool:

So I says to meself, good job Depthcharge's brain.

Given most other weapons are four, perhaps four calivers? So 30", STR 6, AP 5, Heavy 4, Twin-linked, Deflagrate? (Using the quad bolter as a basis)

As for a Volkite rotary cannon, 15", STR 5, AP 5, Salvo 3/4, Deflagrate? (Using the rotary cannon and charger as a basis)

Depthcharge brought it up about a dozen posts back. Before that? Maybe. I'm feeling too lazy to check atm. :wink:

By all means, let's talk about it. :smile.:

Yup, looks like StoneSentinels first mentioned it, but it wasn't developed. However, discussion was made on the Vindicator mount.

So I's been thinking in me brain, me has, and wot's popped into it but a Volkite rapier battery idea!!!

Think about the WHFB dwarf artillery guns, except, three volkite calivers mounted on a rapier platform :drool:

So I says to meself, good job Depthcharge's brain.

Given most other weapons are four, perhaps four calivers? So 30", STR 6, AP 5, Heavy 4, Twin-linked, Deflagrate? (Using the quad bolter as a basis)

As for a Volkite rotary cannon, 15", STR 5, AP 5, Salvo 3/4, Deflagrate? (Using the rotary cannon and charger as a basis)

I just think it would look cooler with three cannons lined up as a cannonade :D

The Caliver already has 4 shots soooooooo....

....8 shots S6 AP5 twin linked anyone? :drool:

Depth, caliver has 2 Shots. They're as follows:

-Serpenta 1 pistol shot

-Charger 2 Assault shots

-Caliver 2 Heavy Shots (30")

-Culverin 4 Heavy Shots

-Demi-Culverin 5(6?) Shots

-Chieroville 8 Shots

-Carronade :censored: you shots.

Edited by Slipstreams

Isn't the caliver Heavy 2 and the culverin Heavy 4? I wanted to use the heavy bolter equivalent so I guess maybe it should be the culverin...? Heavy 8 seems a bit much though. What's the main difference between the caliver and culverin fluff-wise?

Depth, caliver has 2 Shots. They're as follows:

-Serpenta 1 pistol shot

-Charger 2 Assault shots

-Caliver 2 Heavy Shots (30")

-Culverin 4 Heavy Shots

-Demi-Culverin 5(6?) Shots

-Chieroville 8 Shots

-Carronade :censored: you shots.

Culverin my bad :P I should be taken out back and chooomed.

I meant 3 culverins on a rapier.

Edit: or what about Heavy 4+D6 twin linked? You just roll one for the whole battery to see how many extra shots you get.

Edited by depthcharge12

There isn't much specific fluff for each weapon, afaik. The main differences between the two are the stats (the culverin has a greater range and a higher number of shots) and the appearance. 

There isn't much specific fluff for each weapon, afaik. The main differences between the two are the stats (the culverin has a greater range and a higher number of shots) and the appearance. 

So which weapon do you feel should appear on a Rapier?

So which weapon do you feel should appear on a Rapier?

Personally, (regardless of any previous discussion) I feel that Culverins mounted on a Rapier chassis seems like a good logical progression. There is a version with Heavy Bolters mounted similarly, so having a contemporary class of Volkite weapon on a Rapier makes sense to me.

I find myself deliberately working Volkites into my lists simply in the hopes of getting kill badges from this forum...

I'm right there with you; my current dilemma revolves around Dracosans or Leman Russ Incinerators.  I assume this is an age-old question, should I encase my smaller Volkites in a protective egg to get them closer to the enemy...or do I buy Incinerators and use their giant Volkites to protect the smaller ones with even larger CHOOM barrages!  I know eventually I'll get both but I'm not sure I can resist the call of the Demi-Culverin. 

This is very much a Need vs. Want scenario and I'm a sucker for instant gratification.  :ohmy.: