== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Red every time, I feel like that's the perfect color for volkite. 

For now, I'd advocate red. However if you find blue works better, then don't let our conventions hold you back.

In Retribution the first few pages have a load of Volkite with blue interior. Could just be "white hot' though

The thing with red coils is that I feel that'll make the model too dark and 'monochrome' for lack of a better term. And I can't use blue since I want the same color for volkite for my Solar Auxilia and my War Hounds and since the latter are already blue... yeah.

Thanks for the help. I'm also adding orange to the conundrum now that I remember that color exists.

Red every time, I feel like that's the perfect color for volkite. 

For now, I'd advocate red. However if you find blue works better, then don't let our conventions hold you back.

In Retribution the first few pages have a load of Volkite with blue interior. Could just be "white hot' though

The thing with red coils is that I feel that'll make the model too dark and 'monochrome' for lack of a better term. And I can't use blue since I want the same color for volkite for my Solar Auxilia and my War Hounds and since the latter are already blue... yeah.

Thanks for the help. I'm also adding orange to the conundrum now that I remember that color exists.

Yeah, I'd say split down the middle and go with Orange. I always feel that Volkite should be red or orange, and plasma is a cold blue or turquoise

I do my Volkite coils in a few different colors, depending on how they're modeled on the Marine. If it's slung on their shoulder and not being used, the coils are copper, as it's a conductive metal and I feel this would be the material used to make them.

If it's in operational mode but not being charged / fire, the coils are a dark red to show they're heated up and the weapon can be fired if desired...

If the weapon is being fired, the coils are bright red with a yellow highlight to show they're super heated and discharging energy.

I do my Volkite coils in a few different colors, depending on how they're modeled on the Marine. If it's slung on their shoulder and not being used, the coils are copper, as it's a conductive metal and I feel this would be the material used to make them.

If it's in operational mode but not being charged / fire, the coils are a dark red to show they're heated up and the weapon can be fired if desired...

If the weapon is being fired, the coils are bright red with a yellow highlight to show they're super heated and discharging energy.

Nice idea :)

Mmm. Titan grade Volkites... :drool:

I feel like a brainstorming session is coming on. Anyone fancy drawing up some concepts? ;)

And now I have a mental image of a Warlord holding a volkite ordinatus like a rifle. And what a glorious image it is.

If we're just spitballing ideas as to what type of weapons we'd like to see...

Warhound:

• Volkite Scourge (PH): 65" S9, Ap2, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Haywire, Primary Weapon 3, Heavy Beam
    • Yes, this means targets hit by the Beam Marker are hit 3 Times. And due to Heavy Beam hitting Buildings, Gargantuans and Super-Heavies D3+1 times, thats does mean 3D3+3 hits total for a Maximum of 12 hits.
    • Visually, think 2 Carronades strapped together.

Reaver:

• Cyclical Volkite Annihilator (PH): 85" S10 Ap2, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Primary Weapon 10, Apocalyptic Barrage
    • Think of it as being too tall to effectively sweep beams and instead go for a shotgun-like spread aiming downwards with 1 Beam = Marker.
    • Think...Gatling Laser from Fallout 4 but titan sized
    • Less hits on vehicles overall, much potential infantry mulching in concentrated location though!
    • Kinda like IHF's Volkite Sicaran Concept Gun. But Reaver sized.

Warlord:

• Extinction-Class Volkite Devastator (PH): 100" S10 Ap1, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Primary Weapon 5, Apocalyptic Mega Blast (10")
    • Kinda wanted to make this a D weapon...but felt that might be too much.
    • Think of this a not multiple beams like the Warhound and Reaver version. Think of this a single beam just turning a localized point into dust and ash.
    • Might a bit much with Fleshbane, Armourbane, S10, Deflagrate and everything under the template being hit 5 times. Then again, its a Warlord Weapon.
    • Think 3 of the above Reaver-Grade Volkites that, during firing, spin around the Primary Volkite Weapon which is a Volcano Cannon Sized Volkite Cannon.

Or something. Wishlisting, I know :P

If we're just spitballing ideas as to what type of weapons we'd like to see...

Warhound:

• Volkite Scourge (PH): 65" S9, Ap2, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Haywire, Primary Weapon 3, Heavy Beam
    • Yes, this means targets hit by the Beam Marker are hit 3 Times. And due to Heavy Beam hitting Buildings, Gargantuans and Super-Heavies D3+1 times, thats does mean 3D3+3 hits total for a Maximum of 12 hits.
    • Visually, think 2 Carronades strapped together.
Reaver:
  • Cyclical Volkite Annihilator (PH): 85" S10 Ap2, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Primary Weapon 10, Apocalyptic Barrage
    • Think of it as being too tall to effectively sweep beams and instead go for a shotgun-like spread aiming downwards with 1 Beam = Marker.
    • Think...Gatling Laser from Fallout 4 but titan sized
    • Less hits on vehicles overall, much potential infantry mulching in concentrated location though!
    • Kinda like IHF's Volkite Sicaran Concept Gun. But Reaver sized.
Warlord:
  • Extinction-Class Volkite Devastator (PH): 100" S10 Ap1, Deflagrate, Ignores Cover, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Primary Weapon 5, Apocalyptic Mega Blast (10")
    • Kinda wanted to make this a D weapon...but felt that might be too much.
    • Think of this a not multiple beams like the Warhound and Reaver version. Think of this a single beam just turning a localized point into dust and ash.
    • Might a bit much with Fleshbane, Armourbane, S10, Deflagrate and everything under the template being hit 5 times. Then again, its a Warlord Weapon.
    • Think 3 of the above Reaver-Grade Volkites that, during firing, spin around the Primary Volkite Weapon which is a Volcano Cannon Sized Volkite Cannon.
Or something. Wishlisting, I know :tongue.:

I think, the Warhound would be best served with just the Carronade (or maybe some version of the Cascade). The crossover between super-heavy tank weaponry and Warhounds already happens so cut and pasting the Carronade to the Warhound makes sense to me. 

Interested in the concept of the Cyclical Reaver Volkite, however, as that seems to be a running theme between the Columbiad and (possibly) IHF's Sicaran tank weaponry. And I'd like to produce a counter to it - I call it the Magna-Cascade

Magna-Cascade: Range: 60"   Strength: 8   AP: 3   Type: Primary Weapon 12, Deflagrate, Pinning, Haywire, Ignores Cover

I like the idea of this weapon being an absolute monster to MEQs and light vehicles but not quite enough for heavier foes (unless you get lucky).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to provide a competing Warlord titan sized weapon, too. Now, we've had the Columbiad (tip of the hat to Hesh for the rules), so I propose this:

Demi-Carronade: Range: 84"    Strength: D    AP: 1   Type:  Primary Weapon 1, Deflagrate, Haywire, Ignores Cover, Ultra Heavy Beam

Ultra Heavy Beam; This works exactly like Heavy Beam, with the exception that the beam is 2" wide, and when striking against Super-heavy vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures, or large intact building/fortifications (bastion sized or larger), the attack is only blocked should the model not be destroyed, killed, or otherwise removed from the table. Super-heavy Vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures and large intact building/fortifications (bastion sized or larger) take D3+1 hits in such an event, but suffer -1 to the roll on the Destroyer Weapon Attack table on these hits) In addition, the damage done to transported models is increased to 2d6 S7 AP3 hits with the deflagrate special per unit carried within (units with 31 or more models count as 2 units for this purpose). Against buildings or models with notably different troop transport areas, only those transport areas in the line of the beams effect are hit; those in other sections do not count.

The advantage that the Demi-Carronade has over the Columbiad is that it can fire every turn. And it's AP1. That's it, though. I'm still pondering on other potential differences (and upgrades to the regular Carronade) without going overboard.

If you guys come up with awesome CHOOM rules for a warlord. I will convert it and install it on The Red Comet. 

I was actually just gifted with an Ordinatus Ulator by my GF for easter, and was considering making the sonic destructor mountable on the Warlord Chassis. I think the rules for the Sonic destructor might be a good starting point for titan sized choom. It basically functions like the Glaive Volkite Carronade, but with a 7 inch wide line of death, and no deflegrate of course. 

Edited by Athrawes

You heard him, brothers and sisters! Get brainstorming! :P

If you guys come up with awesome CHOOM rules for a warlord. I will convert it and install it on The Red Comet. 

I was actually just gifted with an Ordinatus Ulator by my GF for easter, and was considering making the sonic destructor mountable on the Warlord Chassis. I think the rules for the Sonic destructor might be a good starting point for titan sized choom. It basically functions like the Glaive Volkite Carronade, but with a 7 inch wise line of death, and no deflegrate.

Does anything catch your fancy yet? Both me and Slips have something up in the last few posts and, of course, there is the Columbiad in the OP.

Well, I'm a bit more partial to the heavy beam type rule, as opposed to a mega template blast. It's one of the reasons that I love the Glaive so much. Both the Columbiad and Demi-Carronaid seem to be going in that direction.

At the end of the day, if the MDRC can come to a consensus over a "balanced" rule set for a Warlord titan grade Volkite weapon, It will exist. I sear it! That being said I am increasingly excited to see this discussion progress!