== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Oh. You can tell I use that rule a lot, eh? :lol:

It makes sense for it to be used as a MC and GC huner but makes it kinda useless vs blobs.

Im not sure how it works against things with an armour value though?

Oh. You can tell I use that rule a lot, eh? :laugh.:

It makes sense for it to be used as a MC and GC huner but makes it kinda useless vs blobs.

Iirc, if it has no Strength value, it can't hurt vehicles.

Iirc, sniper is resolved at S4 when against vehicles.

Iirc, sniper is resolved at S4 when against vehicles.

Is that all. I think for a gun of this power (lets be fair a tooled up well engineered volkite) should be able to hurt vehicles. Like an anti material rifle. Great against squishy mortals but really designed to take out hard targets. Light to mid vehicles and GC and MC.

What could we give it to hurt vehicles reliably?

Give it S7 Armorbane?

Heavy 2? And in keeping with the sniper theme maybe precision shot?

Could always give it two profiles. Original for monster hunting and a single shot S7 armourbane mode aswell.

Edited by v6v77

Could always give it two profiles. Original for monster hunting and a single shot S7 armourbane mode aswell.

If I were you, having a S7 Armourbane, Deflagrate weapon, I think the other proposed profile with the Sniper rule in it would be largely redundant. Although, saying that... my track record in knowing stuff about the Sniper rule kinda sucks. :P

Giving it S7, Ap5, Sniper (Ap2 on 6s to wound and always doing so on a 4+ unless you have better), Delfagrate, Heavy 2 and Armorbane, make for an already potent and pretty powerful weapon that can fulfill a LOT of roles and threaten pretty much anything,

I'd almost make it a 30-35pt Relic more than a Singular Weapon Upgrade.

Edited by Slipstreams

Giving it S7, Ap5, Sniper (Ap2 on 6s to wound and always doing so on a 4+ unless you have better), Delfagrate, Heavy 2 and Armorbane, make for an already potent and pretty powerful weapon that can fulfill a LOT of roles and threaten pretty much anything,

How about a rule stating if you go to ground you get +1BS or re rolls to hit. To represent putting up a bipod or something plus giving you cover saves.

Or maybe it can only be used this way. Balance?

How about a rule stating if you go to ground you get +1BS or re rolls to hit. To represent putting up a bipod or something plus giving you cover saves.

Or maybe it can only be used this way. Balance?

Maybe instead of Armorbane and Heavy 2, Make it Ordnance 2?

IIRC, you cant move and shoot Ordnance weapons on Infantry.

MoS with 10 Heavy Volkite Culvern makes Terminators shiver

Nah, you give them a Librarian who hopefully rolls up malediction.

Rending Culverins, yo.

*shivers in corner, softly whimpering*

I...I had a Spartan once....before that evil chooming noise... ;.(

Why should it need to take on Vehicles? Volkite, unless Super Heavy/Battle Tank sized (and even then) isn't really super effective versus Tanks.

Other than maybe giving it Strength 5, where with the 7th Ed Legiones FAQ allowed higher than toughness snipers to work with the higher strength, I don't know what to suggest.

I've been enjoying this thread, so thanks for all the CHOOOM. So I wanted to contribute the following. Not much of a player at the moment but was tinkering with an old ebay rescue land speeder and ended up with this:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/6/20/723060_sm-volkite%20land%20speeder.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/6/20/723059_sm-volkite%20land%20speeder.jpg

Probably not the most effective choom delivery system but it is fast.

I would be inclined to say you are not supposed to... but judging by how the original entry in Betrayal is written, it's possible unless it's been changed or FAQ'd at a later point. However, I'm not that hot on rule and unit entry interpretations, so take this with a pinch of salt. :unsure.:

Up with ye!

Synrak Gabor leaked blood from half a dozen rents in his Armour, it was finally crafted, but the First could shoot as well as anyone.

Vaulting over the ruins he landed behind the Command Squad, their banner hanging listlessly as smoke and dust chocked out the sun.

"Your Imperium is a Lie!" he roared, as he chained the fire of his Serpenta, pushing the priceless artifacts to the edge of ruin. 14 shots lit up the gloom, and when the echo's of Choom faded, he walked over to claim his prize.

"A fine banner...for the flames."

Sadly, this was the high point of the game, as the rest of my army failed to do anything, but 14 is my current record for my Moritat, and it was a fun game. :]

Been lurking this club long enough lol. My CHOOM contribution is a Night Lords 1000 ZM list that fields every infantry variation of the blessed death rays, totaling 27 volkites. Behold:

•  
    • HQ (100pts)
      • Delegatus (100pts) - [Terror Assault]

Artificer Armour, Refractor Field, Volkite Serpenta

• Elites (185pts)
      • Contemptor Dreadnought 
      • Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Volkite Culverin
    • Troops (715pts)
      • Legion Tactical Support Squad

4x Legion Space Marines, 4x Volkite Calivers

• Legion Sergeant

Melta Bombs, Volkite Calivers

• Terror Squad

4x Executioner, 4x Volkite Charger

• Headsman

Melta Bombs, Volkite Charger

• Terror Squad

9x Executioner, 9x Volkite Charger

• Headsman

Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive, Volkite Charger

• Terror Squad

4x Executioner, 4x Volkite Charger

• Headsman

Power Fist, Volkite Charger

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjhl9NDKW1qeei8oo1_500.gif

Toasty :furious:

Edited by NonExistentOne

That gif fits so well. I have a terminator Praetor with volkite charger sitting around but I have been wanting a Support squad all armed with the Calivers - what size squad have you guys been using? Or would it be better to up the ante and get the Culverin Heavy squad?

Olis asked me to post this a while ago. Finally got around to take some "proper" photos. Ah well, Choomitat ahoy!

gallery_84024_10520_137209.jpg

The planning for the Volkite Defence turret are still progressing.. But I kinda had to work it in to what could double as a zone mortalis objective (the control room)....

//Nevindar

Looking at getting some volkite and it appears I have come to the right place!

So.... 10 volkite culverin for backfield support (along with either a venator or normal sicaran)

Or.... 10 chargers in a rhino for objective grabbing and front support for my chain axe wielding maniacs in Spartans?