== Martian Death Ray Club ==

I will post up a picture of my double Volkite Serpentas Moritat when I get home, but you guys have inspired me.  Doing a little campaign/storyline thing at the LGS.  Here shall be my next army... :wink:

1000pts (Sevatar is free for the fluff/story)

Sevatar

Tac Squad/Rhino, Sergeant in Artificer Armour (10 guys)

Tac Squad/Rhino, Sergeant in Artificer Armour (10 guys)

Heavy Support Squad, Volkite Culverns, Sergeant in Artificer Armour (5 guys)

Sev comes with Master of Ambush, so can infiltrate those Vokites anywhere needed to get that nice 45" bubble :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you get the updated Trait, sadly per RAW he gets the Acute Senses - not bad in itself but without other useful infiltrators (recon squads already have it IIRC) it can be a waste. Much rather infiltrate shooty units like HSS's.

How do you deal with Contemptors or Deredeos etc?

Well RAW/the way they wrote it is one of the first flubs I've really noticed from FW as most everyone locally reads it straight as:

First lines says he has Master of Ambush without rolling
Next line he gives friendly units Outflank as long as he's alive. 

Are they going to FAQ that?  Should have called it something other than Master of Ambush then so no confusion.  Elsewise...no infiltrating Volkite Culverns!!!  Boo...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bahahaaaa. We can only dream. More likely to get the Chierovile or Demi-culverin in a turret, though.

To be quite honest, I was pretty skeptical at the whole idea of mounting this size weapon on the Sicaran hull, but it's actually mentioned in IA:2 Volume 2 that there 'may' have been Sicaran variants armed with Volkite Carronades - okay, so it may well have just been a typo on the variant of Volkite weapon intended, but damn it if I'm not gonna use that single reference as an excuse to make an utterly outlandish vehicle concept :P

Brothers I am in need of your Choomful advice.

I have been contemplating starting a 30k army for a long time and just cant decide which legion, now after again reading over Volkites in the LACAL book and then stumbling upon this thread I'm convinced! It will be an army of pure choom, no model shall be permitted unless it creates the holiest of noises and chooms as it shoots!

Now onto the advice part I still cant decide what legion to aim for, I am looking at some Terminators for my compulsory troops slots (PotL of course) and then filling in the choom from there. Have been tempted by Iron Hands, just for an excuse to play loyalists for a change, plus they fit the whole "lots of rare tech from the mechanicum" angle.

So help me out, what legion Chooms better than the others?

Personally, I'd say the 'who' is tied directly to the 'when'. I think the specific Legion does not matter (although, let's be fair, the Iron Hands are not a bad choice at all) - if you create an early(ish) GC army, then volkites were a lot thicker on the ground than at the later stages or even in the HH itself. I humbly suggest that you go with whatever Legion you fancy and the specific reasoning can come later. :)

Yeah, I'm leaning that way anyway. Might have to add one or two characters without the choominess though I think sadly.

gonna steer away from the PotL rite of war though so I can add in some Solar Auxilla allies - massed cheap troops with Volkite Chargers and some Leman Russ Incinerators with their delicious Twin Linked Volkite Demi Culverins (including a tank commander) are just too good to pass up for some fire support and numbers.

I'll be back once the orders start to arrive, now to the FW site!