== Martian Death Ray Club ==

First, a couple of thoughts......

First , y'all are seriously breaking the first two rules.

Second, I like it here. I think I'll stay.

So as some know, I am going to re start my Death Guard. As I'm going against the grain with them, I'm doing a rapid attack, close in assault type thing. I'm thinking volkites, lots of em.

I got a choomitat planned, with lots of infantry based choominess, wherever I can fit them in really.

My DG, will focus on the death/relentless aspect of Nurgle vs the gooey/gross aspect. So I think volkites are perfect for ashey killy goodness.

Note* how the hell did autocorrect allow choomitat and not volkites?

Note 2* does anyone else think volkite sounds like Viking metal band?

So Titans don't get access to Volkites of any kind ...yet....

What are thoughts of the Volkite Carronade for a Warhound weapon? or should it be something more impressive?

Long term planning and contemplating a walking titan of CHOOM! as I will hardly ever use a warhound in game anyway its not super relevant but the Glaive's main cannon seems about the right size....

A Carronade on a Warhound sounds plausible. I like the thought of twin linking it, though. 

Also - Welcome to the club, Bloodbath. We have an ash pit to play in and the firing range is out the back. ;)

A Carronade on a Warhound sounds plausible. I like the thought of twin linking it, though. 

how would twin-linking on a Carronade work though? its just everything under the beam gets an auto hit. Would it be a re-roll to wound instead like flamers?

It was mostly a consideration towards aesthetics, rather than rules. If you figure a rules modification is necessary, that's fine in my book. I don't mind either way.

So, I got to CHOOM today for the first time. 

Holy mother of god. 

Just, like, all of the love. 

Forever. 

So, some details. 2500 points, using Age of Darkness rules with my Solar Auxilia versus a friend's 2500 CSM + Daemons of Nurgle. This army had murdered my Death Korps many a time, but this time I had choom. 

Summoned plague bearers and plague drones? CHOOM. Everything he summoned was CHOOM'd back to the warp which spawned it. The Leman Russ Incinerator was my MVP, killing 5 Plague Marines, 14 Plague Bearers, 2 Plague Drones and a Rhino. The Household Retinue with Volkite Chargers gunned down many more; Nurglings, Plague Bearers, Plague Marines, and even fought a Great Unclean One to death (courtesy of the Lord Marshal with a Paragon blade, but, you know, the rest of them count). 

Honesty, without the CHOOM I would have been buried under summoned BS units. 

Gods I hate summoning. 

I see it firing like the Spartan laser from Halo, with the flickering charge up and then the glorious choom of doom unloading tasty hot deathrayness down range. But each to their own...(but weirdly enough I don't associate the splazer sound with it at all, too "ZAP"esque)

We never heard it fire it could have went choom

Good point, no energy weapons firing in Aliens...

To that end, I just spent 15 minutes watching the future war sequences from both of James Cameron's Terminator films trying to work out if the purple lasers 'VOIP!', 'CHOOM!', or 'PEW!'.

Like an adult.

All over 'VOIP!' in the context of Hudson in Aliens:

'Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. VOIP! Fry half a city with this puppy.'

I need to put choom into my next Heresy novel. 

I had freem in the Night Lords Series, so it's only fair.

I think the club would be very happy to see that, brother. :)

'Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. VOIP! Fry half a city with this puppy.'

INB4 Malcharion novel confirmed.

:P

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/270/623/337.gif