== Martian Death Ray Club ==

An official dreadnought volkite weapon arm would be nice. Mortis choom? Yes, please.

Wishes do come true?

Someone at Forgeworld must like this Thread :wub.:

Brothers, it appears some of the images on the OP were defunct. This has now been rectified with either replacements of the same image or new images altogether. I suspect it may have something to do with FW changing over to a new site set up, rendering several images invalid. 

With this in mind, I would like to say to the Club that I am open to nominated submissions to improve the pictures. If you think it looks good, then suggest the picture (or even post it). Primarily, I'm looking to have reliably sourced pictures of the larger varieties (demi-culverin and upward). Also, in the interest against bias (and offence should the picture not be chosen) I would advise that nominations not be of your own work.

This is entirely voluntary, so don't feel obligated to find a suitable picture. I'd just like to make sure that the OP is not broken by dead image links. ;)

An official dreadnought volkite weapon arm would be nice. Mortis choom? Yes, please.

Wishes do come true?

Someone at Forgeworld must like this Thread :wub.:

We (read I) have been told at the open day they watch IHFs thread closely. Its not a stretch to think they join us choom lovers in this one too.

We (read I) have been told at the open day they watch IHFs thread closely. Its not a stretch to think they join us choom lovers in this one too.

Wow, so Forge World do their homework ? What a surprise when looking at the quality of their products when compared to Games Workshop [/irony]

Seriously, IHF and you guys at the Choom Club deserve a bit of recognition from the big guys :smile.:

As far as conceptual work goes, I really must applaud IHF for his efforts. If indeed FW like the cut of his jib, then more power to him. Perhaps we may even get to see some Volkite Cascades in the future... 

(Man, I hope so. IHF's rendition is quality.)

Brief update, the Gallery of Ashes has had it's first five inductees, with v6v77 being the first off the mark. As mention in the opening posts, each claim will be linked to rather than hosted at the start of the thread, for lack of space.

I'm still considering what to do with a 'Gallery of Glory', as I'm of a mind to make that an actual gallery with actual pictures. It just can't go in the opening posts, unfortunately. 

Sorry, this question might be slightly off topic, but do you think it would be feasible for CSM (if not SM) to have a kind of character that would allow the use of volkite weaponry on infantry, a bit like warpsmiths allow the use of multiple infernal relic tanks ?

Sorry, this question might be slightly off topic, but do you think it would be feasible for CSM (if not SM) to have a kind of character that would allow the use of volkite weaponry on infantry, a bit like warpsmiths allow the use of multiple infernal relic tanks ?

Hmm. Volkites were rare even by the time of the Heresy, so for CSM forces to use them post-Scouring would possibly require special circumstances. Given sufficient explanation, perhaps a modified warlord trait could fill that need?

Stasis box. Like how robby g is kept alive, this chap might have a special box for keeping certain treasures. A character of mine has got something similar for something else, but you could keep the volkite preserved between battles so it never feels the ravages of time

Okay, I was thinking also along the lines of a Dark Mechanicus adept who had found an STC for Volkite weaponry or something like that, but I guess I won't be able to field the choomy Iron Warriors I may get one day in 40k...

Oh well, there's always the Heresy :biggrin.:

Edited by Lord Thørn

Or Brother Baldrick's poem, simply titled "The Martian Guns." Here, I'll read you a segment.

*clears throat•

CHOOM, CHOOM, CHOOM, CHOOM. CHOOM, CHOOM, CHOOM.

CHOOM CHOOM, CHOOM CHOOM.

CHOOM, CHOOM, CHOOM.

Blackadder reference. +10 Internet Points. +5 bonus CHOOM Points

Okay so I believe I have lurked in this thread long enough and that now is my time to contribute to this wondrous temple of all Tha CHOOM's. So my idea is that you guys know the solar auxilia? They can take squads of ten dudes with chargers as part of a 3-part troop slot. You can fill all of those slots with these guys leading to 90 chargers in 3 TROOP SLOTS! Can you imagine the "choom"? I can. Its beautiful.

Okay so I believe I have lurked in this thread long enough and that now is my time to contribute to this wondrous temple of all Tha CHOOM's. So my idea is that you guys know the solar auxilia? They can take squads of ten dudes with chargers as part of a 3-part troop slot. You can fill all of those slots with these guys leading to 90 chargers in 3 TROOP SLOTS! Can you imagine the "choom"? I can. Its beautiful.

If I'm not mistaken, the Infantry Tercio needs at least one lasrifle section to be valid, brother. While I'm sorry to burst the bubble, I'm still impressed that twenty Volkite Chargers can be used for a single troops choice, for 330 points.

Edit - on the bright side, that's still 60 Chargers in under 1000 points, plus sixty additional meat shields. ;)

Edited by Olis

I think that is something B&C is sorely missing - Tercio choom blocks with attendant Russ Incinerators. I think 3 Tercios, 2 Incinerators and Ireton MaSade just squeaks under the 1500 point mark. Might have a bit of an anti-tank issue, though.

Might have a bit of an anti-tank issue, though.

Who needs anti-tank when you have the glorious power of crispy death choom? And considering the main transport that your choom is riding in (the dracosan armored transport) can mount a demolisher cannon you could make a fitting mechanised choom list maybe?