== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Just to clarify too. The Tercio doesn't need the Lasrifle section. If you want the flamers as a support squad you need the lasrifles first but the Veletaris are effectively the stormtroopers and can be taken as the only units in the Tercio as I understand it.

You can even just ally in a few and fill the troops with CHOOM and have a tank commander HQ in an incinerator of larger CHOOM. that's right, an allied force of pure CHOOM.

Wait, wait. I think I know where I'm going wrong.* :happy.:

It's to do with the whole 'Support Section' rule; the Velataris don't have that rule, therefore they don't need the prerequisite lasrifle squad. Therefore... KnightBringer! Brother! I owe you an apology. You were indeed correct. The mistake is mine. :)

* I very nearly posted up a reply providing the reference and a quote to where I'm getting my knowledge from. Good job I didn't - I'd look more like a fool than I do now... 

So I heard there was a club for those of us that like Volkite.... I mean Chooom! weponary.

Would this qualify?

Indeed it does, brother. Come on in, welcome to the Club. :tu:

Perhaps it isn't as choomy as other options, but there is the Cohort Cybernetica. 

If you take two sets of Kastelan Robot Maniples with a Tech-Priest Dominus can make the Kastellan Battle Protocols take effect IMMEDIATELY. 

Four Robots and a Datasmith with carapace-mounted incendine combustors & twin-linked heavy phosphor blasters led by the Dominus with his volkite blaster.

That’s powerful because you could have fired everything using the extra shots, and then activate the "double attacks" protocol in anticipation of being charged for example!  In addition you could charge someone and then revert to the "added shooting" protocol" which will increase overwatch if you feel that’s wiser.  In addition the Datasmiths in the unit can allow Split firing with this Formation!  The Canticle I can see helping this unit the most given that they are Monstrous Creatures, is the Invocation of Machine Might which can add as much as +3 to their STR.  This Canticle will allow you to take shooty robots without really losing anything in their melee ability when it matters most.

Would this bring enough CHOOMFERNAL goodness to the party?

How come nobody has thought of slapping volkite weaponry on a Castellax or Thanatar?!?!

Oooooh a volkite cheiroville on a thanatar....

*slithers on mechadendrites over to tech heresy lab*

I'm hoping the revised Ordo Reductor list will give Thallax an option to replace their lightning guns with Volkite calivers for a minimal cost. A mix of calivers & phase-plasma fusils on jet-pack infantry would be fun!

Yeah, they held against the World Eaters surprisingly accurate firepower, but the last turn lascannons slaughtered the rest of the squad except the sergeant, who decide that discretion was the better part of valor and promptly fled off the board...leaving the objective he held unoccupied...

...he will be found and his volkite weaponry distributed to a more worthy astartes...

Got a chance to use the Glaive in a game the other night. All I have to say is, "The CHOOM is strong with this one..."

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/11892270_10152933357346901_5163288838978623475_n_zps4iltdzbk.jpg