== Martian Death Ray Club ==

It's definitely looking like there'll have to be a gallery for all these units, I think. Given that there is an image limit per post, the practical thing to do would be to host a series of links to all of the pictures. Any thoughts or ideas on this matter, brothers and sisters?

Edited by Olis

Oddly enough I just ordered some Immortals and Volkite Chargers the other day.  I believe that qualifies for entry into the death ray club!

By all means, pop a membership image in your sig. ;)

I have a concept. I don't think anyone has brought it up yet. Where is my rapier platform with volkite goodness? I want to fire Martian death beams across the table from little mini tanks with handlers petting them and encouraging them(that's how I see rapier platforms behaving, kind of like dogs I guess)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrchrunkthunk.....beep? "Sic em boy" beeep! CHOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!

I have a concept. I don't think anyone has brought it up yet. Where is my rapier platform with volkite goodness? I want to fire Martian death beams across the table from little mini tanks with handlers petting them and encouraging them(that's how I see rapier platforms behaving, kind of like dogs I guess)

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrchrunkthunk.....beep? "Sic em boy" beeep! CHOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!

Maybe mating a Rapier battery with those sponson Volkites from the Land Raider kit? That wouldn't be a bad idea for modelling such a concept.

What are Moritats like with serpentas? I love Volkites, and Moritats, do they mix effectively?

Moritats with chainefire+serpentas is, as Olis said, nuuutz. Since Plasmas overheat, cancelling chainfire on 1s and 2s, serpentas are the cheaper, safer, more choom-ier option

Now imagine alpha legion infiltrating, jump packing, scouting moritat. s5 chain fire+deflagrate on anything, turn 1. 

UberChoom!

Edited by paz

Hmm, K-9 robot companion counts as rapier? Good boy, good boy!

Also need to up the volkite count. Charger-armed immortals and add on some tactical support calivers to the unit in the picture?

Also considering some scenery to be built.. The plasma tower gun released a while back should do for inspiration for a volkite tower....

You're in a place where the question "More Volkites?" will always be answered with a resounding YES. :happy.:

Now, I hear you talk of a Volkite tower, brother. What sort of Volkite weapon do you envisage using? A Carronnade? A bank of Culverins? Twin-linked Demi-Culverins/Chieoroviles?  

Edited by Olis

Chroom chroom

I see quite a lot of people paint them red, is this the established colour of Martian death Rays?

From the official pictures, the beam of energy is red. Personally, I paint the vanes on Volkites red because of that.

Is the Mk II/III power weapon sets the only place to get a serpenta from?

As far as I know, yes. It's a shame that there isn't a more direct source. :(

Chroom chroom

I see quite a lot of people paint them red, is this the established colour of Martian death Rays?

From the official pictures, the beam of energy is red. Personally, I paint the vanes on Volkites red because of that.

Is the Mk II/III power weapon sets the only place to get a serpenta from?

As far as I know, yes. It's a shame that there isn't a more direct source. :sad.:

I personally like the idea of a Black "core" to the Beam with a Blue "Halo" Kinda like this:

Hidden Content

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/swtor-black-blue-color-crystal.jpg

or 

http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/66bb702b949e3de5e6a99ac99c7df7bd.jpg

Would make for much more Threatening-Looking beams of Energy.

Totally Subjective, Of course.

I was considering a Carronade. An imposing gun for a tower of CHOOM. It might also be fitting to have on a tower, given how powerful the generators down in the ground could be. Don't really want to make it too powerful ;)

Also I paint my volkites blueish and have actually had a black-core as inspiration. A bit like "anti-light" covered by blue. Main reaso though would be... It fits the colour scheme of my armour the best. Having red volkiteness would make them look a lot greener than they do.

And, Excessuss.. you do get TWO with that kit ;) or convert your own from plasma pistols?

And, Excessuss.. you do get TWO with that kit :wink: or convert your own from plasma pistols?

Well, I play Alpha legion so I only need one for my moritat. ;)