Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

== Martian Death Ray Club ==

MDRC Volkite 30k

• Please log in to reply
2016 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,808 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Godspeed you Choom Flavored Madman! Godspeed and may all in your way turn to ash under your withering hail of Martian Flavored Death Beams.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,462 posts

Bless them with ash, Brother KBA! Let the screams of your enemies die by the sound of Choom!

Choom for the Choom God! Ash for the Ash Throne!

And I completely agree with damning the rules (just like torpedoes!) One of my upcoming projects for my Fists will most likely do the same. There should be a bit of Chooming and Breaching among my Battalion's Veterans...

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

"Marines aren't soldiers, they're monks whose prayers are murder." - Haugesen, 12 June 2019

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: II, VI, X & XI Legions

Finished the choom flavoured part of my ETL pledge:

803116_md-.JPG

Spoiler

• KBA, Zujara, Brother Dallo and 9 others like this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,424 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
More choom will be added to the ETL! ordered some Telerac pattern culverin today, the MDRC will reign supreme
  • Olis likes this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Seneschal of the Seventh

Seneschal of the Seventh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion

When we last left Terra, we departed as an army of unification, seeking to bring our long-lost brothers into the warm embrace of the Imperium. We leave today with a very different purpose. Out there, among the stars, cower entire worlds which bear responsibility for the fall of our brothers, our sisters, and our Emperor. We shall not offer terms as we once did. No opportunity for assimilation will be provided. We will fall upon these traitors as a vengeful storm, and we will only destroy. There will be no mercy. There will be no remorse. We will purge the taint of their existence from the galaxy, and in doing so, redress some small measure of our failure here.

Lord-Praetor Kelmann Kohl, XII Captain of the VII Legion, Siege Master of the Golden Host

Orders to the XII Company upon departing Terra, 8 Days Following the Fall of the Emperor

med_gallery_49210_11965_108387.jpg

Because every siege master should be armed with a blunt-force weapon and some sort of death ray happy.png

• KBA, Zujara, infyrana and 7 others like this

tn_gallery_49210_11965_530221.jpg   tn_gallery_49210_7750_30664.jpg

Carlson793

Carlson793

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,425 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Today, for the glory of the Omnissiah, my Tech-Priest Dominus earned his CHOOM against a rogue Astra Militarum Commissar. Three wounds needed, five unsaved wounds achieved.

Edited by Carlson793, 29 May 2016 - 12:50 AM.

• Olis and Doctor Perils like this

Currently not taking decal commissions. Decal sheet design service available via PM or Carlson's College of Arms and Graffiti. Self-print decal sheet questions? See Ye Olde Decal Project for more information. Also, see Winterdyne's Applying Waterslide Decals tutorial - it's essential! Need special models, bits, or terrain? See +++The Forges of Mars+++.

gallery_48988_10069_9252.pnggallery_48988_10069_890.pnggallery_48988_10069_12890.pnggallery_29004_10383_5969.pngETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif gallery_80588_10579_401.png

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts
SOTS, that is one bad mother..

Any choom-fans got a link to a tutorial for painting volkite? I'm about to paint some culvs and any help would be greatly appreciated :)
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,424 posts
I haven't seen any links buuuut what I tend to do is with your selected colour, be it red/blue/green etc darkest colour in first onto the coils and where ever else you'd like glow to come from, highlight areas with a brighter red, wash with the same colour for some depth, dry brush around the coils and over the top of the coil's with either the highlight colour or a suitable dry paint, and finally if you're feeling frisky, very thin white highlight on the coils.
Or something along those lines anyhu

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,462 posts

I'd figure it's the same principle as painting plasma weapons, except with slightly different colors. Let me go find a link...

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

"Marines aren't soldiers, they're monks whose prayers are murder." - Haugesen, 12 June 2019

Rangaman

Rangaman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 741 posts
  • Faction: IIIrd, XVIth and House Ærthegn
For my red-orange glow effect I use the dark red base colour from GW and layer up to the almost fluro orange, each layer going further from the edge of the coils so the brightest part is the very top of the weapon...looks good to me :)

Has anybody had any experience running two Volkite Caliver support squads? I am looking to possibly add another to my Sons and thought the larger range and higher strength plus the opportunity to have crossfire from the two squads could be fun.
  • KBA likes this

misterkho

misterkho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts

Last weekend i got to play with my ordinatus Ulator and he managed to kill the following:

1 stormhammer

1 imperial knight

3 hellbrutes

1 Bloodthirster

2 rhino's 

2 vindicator 

40 cultists

10 chaos marines.

After turn 2 my opponent had a rage quit, too bad though..i was just perfectly ligned up for 3 hell drakes an 2 landraifers mwuhahahahah

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts

Last weekend i got to play with my ordinatus Ulator and he managed to kill the following:

1 stormhammer

1 imperial knight

3 hellbrutes

1 Bloodthirster

2 rhino's 

2 vindicator 

40 cultists

10 chaos marines.

After turn 2 my opponent had a rage quit, too bad though..i was just perfectly ligned up for 3 hell drakes an 2 landraifers mwuhahahahah

For a second there, I had to actively work out what the Ordinatus had to do with a thread dedicated to choom. And then I remembered the secondary weapons. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Hi guys, can I join your super cool "Yes, were all really big fans of Mars Attacks" club?

gallery_86352_12089_733026.png

• The4thHorseman, KBA, Apologist and 16 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,142 posts

Bloody hell monolith those are beautiful.

• m0nolith and Big Bad Squig like this

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,931 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

3, 4, 5, choom. ;)

Those are some beautiful angels.

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
@ Monolith - That MK V looks amazing, others too, but it stands out....

With that head or Justaerin helmet? That is the question.

WP_20160531_002_zpscsxa4hfv.jpg

Edited by Finnish Hammer, 31 May 2016 - 01:39 PM.

• Olis likes this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngdyD1Zxk.jpg
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,309 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Those Blood Angels are lovely.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,142 posts

@ Monolith - That MK V looks amazing, others too, but it stands out....

With that head or Justaerin helmet? That is the question.

Are you a Primarch or Librarian?

If not then Helm up son!

• Parweke, Olis and Skalpynock like this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts

Hi guys, can I join your super cool "Yes, were all really big fans of Mars Attacks" club?

*snip*

Hng. I think I just had a palpitation. My word those are on the money. Please, feel free to take a signature image from the opening posts of the thread, brother. :tu:

• m0nolith likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,424 posts
Is it acceptable to turn the post office to ash to get my beloved choom instead of waiting til 7am?
  • jimbo13 likes this

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,501 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

Only with approval that the postal workers are heretics, which, frankly, probably isn't too hard to do.

• helterskelter likes this

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,660 posts

I was browsing Whitescar's painting log when I stumbled upon his glaive, and I realized with untold horror that Olis hadn't liked it, which could only mean one thing; he hadn't seen it.

And that won't do.

So here's a link to Whitescar's Night Lords glaive, right after the dirty inferior choomless thallaxes.

• Olis and helterskelter like this

Words have power, use them well.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,374 posts

Let no Glaive go unapproved, let no choom pass quietly into the night. The MDRC loves all death ray goodness. You'd be entirely right, KotR. I had not seen it. Now I have and all is right in the world again. :tu:

Posted Image
Posted Image

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,424 posts
2016-06-03%2021.43.59_zpsres622q0.jpg

EXECUTION! forward assist can you tell me your scheme recipes? :evil:
  • Nomus Sardauk, God-Potato of Mankind, Parweke and 3 others like this

Forward Assist

Forward Assist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Ha! Nice. Base coat black, light dry brush Vallejo Dark Grey, Nuln Oil wash, and edge highlight Vallejo Basalt Grey.

He will be avenged!
  • helterskelter likes this
gallery_60566_6038_61161.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MDRC, Volkite, 30k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users