Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

== Martian Death Ray Club ==

MDRC Volkite 30k

• Please log in to reply
2040 replies to this topic

Shaolin_Monkey

Shaolin_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts
Yeah that's the plan much of the time. But I would like to be able to give it a run with actual Volkites some of the time too. Just seems more fun!

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,507 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Carchadorons: Red Tithe by Robbie MacNiven features Volkite weapons! Can't tell you specifically which personally but I know theyre in there!
  • Reyner and RobMac like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,465 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Hey, a quick question.

Anyone have a nice way to make jetbikes be able to swap the weapons? I want to be able to use them as either a fast attack or heavy squad with either one or many volkites.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,028 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

I don't have a jetbike, so I cannot say for sure, but it looks pretty straightforward to just put a magnet at the back of the weapon and one into the hole where the weapon goes.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,465 posts

Was thinking without magnets. I don't have access to 15 small magnets before I'm building them :(

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

foto69man

foto69man

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

You 100% can magnetize the jetbikes.  All mine are, and when I get home, I can link the magnets I use.  They are perfect size to fit right into that slot in the nose

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,028 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Was thinking without magnets. I don't have access to 15 small magnets before I'm building them sad.png

Then use blue tac until you get magnets.

• Brother Pheidias and PMB like this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,465 posts

pew pew pew...I chose the volkites...

b9VOgj.jpg

• MrBear, Marshal Loss, Olis and 2 others like this

MrBear

MrBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 589 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Sons of Horus

Since my first painted troop choice is a volkite support squad, I thought that they would be just right for this thread. 

SAM_1119__zpsfjqimstk.png

There will probably be more 'choom' in the future... biggrin.png

• Grotsmasha, Olis, helterskelter and 1 other like this

Shaolin_Monkey

Shaolin_Monkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 544 posts
Apologies for the format but I only have a phone and other means of hosting are time consuming so without further ado here are some quick pics of the Ashmaker WIP courtesy of Facebook

https://www.facebook...81485688615122/

Spaced Hulk

Spaced Hulk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,376 posts
  • Faction: Sword Bearers, Dark Angels

Finally built a model I can post here! smile.png

First Legion Siege Breaker

gallery_917_12575_376873.jpg

med_gallery_917_12575_1939098.jpg med_gallery_917_12575_1026789.jpg

• MrBear, KBA, Bob Hunk and 10 others like this

Dreadwing: A 30K/Pre-Heresy Dark Angels Blog http://www.bolterand...g/#entry4929415

Sword Bearers: http://www.bolterand...-sword-bearers/

+ The Vengeance of Angels + A First Legion 30K Blog: http://www.bolterand...s/#entry4512277

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts
^ Looking deadly!

Choooooooom.

image_zpslcw69fli.jpeg

More photos in my thread:

http://www.bolterand...30-2017/page-12
  • MrBear, Reyner, Bob Hunk and 4 others like this
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Fantastic stuff brothers! As has been brought to my attention recently, not everyone was aware that we now have our own social media group. Well, a Facebook one, at least. Here's the link for anyone who wishes to drop by and join (it's a closed group). I think we're doing okay at just shy of fifty members up to now. However, with greater footfall we'll see a much more active group (obviously). That said, I know we have at least one person on the MDRC's FB sister page that isn't a member of B&C, so we are reaching other people (even if it's only a small amount for now). :tu:

• Parweke likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Black_out

Black_out

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 988 posts
  • Faction: VIIIth Legion Night Lords
Night Lords: the original legion of CHOOM

20170129_150236_zpsbgzfhgdv.jpg

Edited by Black_out, 31 January 2017 - 01:38 PM.

• MrBear, Grotsmasha, Parweke and 4 others like this
Check out my Pre-Istvaan Night Lords WIP! http://www.bolterand...ight-lords-wip/
Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_10383_6371.jpg

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Night Lords: the original legion of CHOOSE

I'm going to assume that autocorrect is being a git again. ^_^

• Black_out likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Black_out

Black_out

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 988 posts

Night Lords: the original legion of CHOOSE

I'm going to assume that autocorrect is being a git again. ^_^

I really, really hate this phone sometimes.

Fixed
Check out my Pre-Istvaan Night Lords WIP! http://www.bolterand...ight-lords-wip/

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,458 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Maybe we're supposed to choose what the Night Lords were the original Legion of. For example, I choose Interpretive Dance.
  • helterskelter, Loquille, PMB and 3 others like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Black_out

Black_out

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 988 posts

Maybe we're supposed to choose what the Night Lords were the original Legion of. For example, I choose Interpretive Dance.

Then I choose Taco Tuesday
  • PMB likes this

CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
  • Faction: The Rout

Legion of CHOOM! is go.

16473756_10210041586090912_5213442180512

• Black_out likes this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,507 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion

From battlebunnies: VOLKITE DUNECRAWLER!
IMG_2054.JPG

• Excessus and bluntblade like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts
^great looking kitbash:)
  • Mors Vincit likes this
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Location:The Walls of the Imperial Palace, killing everything.
  • Faction: Iron Warriors.
How have people converted volkite culverins for dreadnoughts here?

I kitbashed a mk.4 assault cannon arm with a telerac pattern culverin and the result looks cluttered and bad, the barrel of the weapon looking really small on the dreadnought.

Too embarrased to post a picture.
L_T_Banner_V2.jpgL_T_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Brothers and sisters of the Club! As we all know, the Horus Heresy Weekender is upon us and, as per usual, there's some Volkite goodness to share:

Moritats with twin Volkite Serpenta and twin plasma pistols

gallery_60566_6038_39618.jpg

As you can see, the Serpenta on this model are a little different to what we are used to. In my opinion, they will do the job nicely (yay, new pattern!), but I do prefer the variant everyone has had access to up to now. Saying that, they do kinda look a little more sci-fi-ish. They wouldn't go amiss in several other franchises that I can think of.

Next is this picture:

Custodes Sentinels (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

gallery_60566_6038_12530.jpg

Here is the talking point if you haven't twigged just yet: Just what exactly is going on in that underslung slot of those bolt weapons? I admit to not having searched all too hard for an answer yet but... is it just me, or does that look like an underslung volkite to you? The barrel guard kinda makes it a little difficult to positively ID, though.

How have people converted volkite culverins for dreadnoughts here?

I kitbashed a mk.4 assault cannon arm with a telerac pattern culverin and the result looks cluttered and bad, the barrel of the weapon looking really small on the dreadnought.

Too embarrased to post a picture.

I recall Carlson having done a conversion before the dreadnought mounted version was available. I think Hyaenidae took a crack at it too.

Posted Image
Posted Image

STC Logisengine

STC Logisengine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts
  • Faction: XIX Legion, Pale Nomads

Those are not volkites, but Terran Death-Beam guns called Adrathic Weapons.

• Adrathic Destructor: 12" S5AP2 Assault 1, Instant Death, Armorbane,  Gets Hot.
    • Adrathic Devestator: 18" S6AP2 Heavy 2, Instant Death, Armorbane,  Gets Hot.
    • Adrathic Exterminator: 36" S6AP2 Heavy 1, 3" Blast, Instant Death, Armorbane, Gets Hot.

"Relics of the Dark Age of Technology belived to be all but unique to Terra, Adrathic Weaponry uses potent but dangerously unstable energy beams to sever the internal bonds of matter, causing objects caught in their path to unravel in a spectacurlarly destructive manner, leaving only a flaring after-image of what was.
Such weapons were legend during the Age of Strife, and devastating wars were fought on anarchic Old Earth solely over posession of some unearthed cache of Adrathic guns and the promise of power they held. When the Emperor came to dominion and ended Old Night on ancient Terra, all Adrathic weapons were given over to Him on pain of death, not simply to the one who retained them but to their entire land or nation such was the importance He placed upon controlling this technology.
These wepons have remained in His care ever since, and only His own weaponsmiths gained and kept the knowledge of how to replicate them in small numbers, much to the jealousy of Mars."

TALONS OF THE EMPEROR APPENDIX: LEGIO CUSTODES, HH:7, INFERNO

• Sulemain and Servant of Dante like this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Adrathic weapons, eh? Curious. We might have to pinch those as honourable mentions for our Club. ;) 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MDRC, Volkite, 30k

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users