== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Hey, a quick question.

Anyone have a nice way to make jetbikes be able to swap the weapons? I want to be able to use them as either a fast attack or heavy squad with either one or many volkites.

Since my first painted troop choice is a volkite support squad, I thought that they would be just right for this thread. 

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/The-Bear-in-the-North/SAM_1119__zpsfjqimstk.png

There will probably be more 'choom' in the future... :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic stuff brothers! As has been brought to my attention recently, not everyone was aware that we now have our own social media group. Well, a Facebook one, at least. Here's the link for anyone who wishes to drop by and join (it's a closed group). I think we're doing okay at just shy of fifty members up to now. However, with greater footfall we'll see a much more active group (obviously). That said, I know we have at least one person on the MDRC's FB sister page that isn't a member of B&C, so we are reaching other people (even if it's only a small amount for now). :tu:

How have people converted volkite culverins for dreadnoughts here?

I kitbashed a mk.4 assault cannon arm with a telerac pattern culverin and the result looks cluttered and bad, the barrel of the weapon looking really small on the dreadnought.

Too embarrased to post a picture.

Brothers and sisters of the Club! As we all know, the Horus Heresy Weekender is upon us and, as per usual, there's some Volkite goodness to share:

Moritats with twin Volkite Serpenta and twin plasma pistols

gallery_60566_6038_39618.jpg

As you can see, the Serpenta on this model are a little different to what we are used to. In my opinion, they will do the job nicely (yay, new pattern!), but I do prefer the variant everyone has had access to up to now. Saying that, they do kinda look a little more sci-fi-ish. They wouldn't go amiss in several other franchises that I can think of.

Next is this picture:

Custodes Sentinels (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

gallery_60566_6038_12530.jpg

Here is the talking point if you haven't twigged just yet: Just what exactly is going on in that underslung slot of those bolt weapons? I admit to not having searched all too hard for an answer yet but... is it just me, or does that look like an underslung volkite to you? The barrel guard kinda makes it a little difficult to positively ID, though.

How have people converted volkite culverins for dreadnoughts here?

I kitbashed a mk.4 assault cannon arm with a telerac pattern culverin and the result looks cluttered and bad, the barrel of the weapon looking really small on the dreadnought.

Too embarrased to post a picture.

I recall Carlson having done a conversion before the dreadnought mounted version was available. I think Hyaenidae took a crack at it too.

Those are not volkites, but Terran Death-Beam guns called Adrathic Weapons.

• Adrathic Destructor: 12" S5AP2 Assault 1, Instant Death, Armorbane,  Gets Hot.
    • Adrathic Devestator: 18" S6AP2 Heavy 2, Instant Death, Armorbane,  Gets Hot.
    • Adrathic Exterminator: 36" S6AP2 Heavy 1, 3" Blast, Instant Death, Armorbane, Gets Hot.

"Relics of the Dark Age of Technology belived to be all but unique to Terra, Adrathic Weaponry uses potent but dangerously unstable energy beams to sever the internal bonds of matter, causing objects caught in their path to unravel in a spectacurlarly destructive manner, leaving only a flaring after-image of what was.
Such weapons were legend during the Age of Strife, and devastating wars were fought on anarchic Old Earth solely over posession of some unearthed cache of Adrathic guns and the promise of power they held. When the Emperor came to dominion and ended Old Night on ancient Terra, all Adrathic weapons were given over to Him on pain of death, not simply to the one who retained them but to their entire land or nation such was the importance He placed upon controlling this technology.
These wepons have remained in His care ever since, and only His own weaponsmiths gained and kept the knowledge of how to replicate them in small numbers, much to the jealousy of Mars."

TALONS OF THE EMPEROR APPENDIX: LEGIO CUSTODES, HH:7, INFERNO