Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

== Martian Death Ray Club ==

MDRC Volkite 30k

• Please log in to reply
2040 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,723 posts

The heavy weapons are just tops. Offer a really nice alternative look that still fits in with everything else.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Very canny of Kromlech to pack it in threes... ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,017 posts
  • Faction: The Eighth // Drukhari

If only...

IMG_20170407_122651_zpsnjncl7sr.jpg?1491

• Sandlemad, Bob Hunk, Olis and 5 others like this

Terran_zps971683eb.pnggallery_60566_6038_61161.png Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

That thing is going to have to do some seriously low passes to get those bad boys in range. ;)

• Quiet likes this
Posted Image
Posted Image

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,017 posts

That thing is going to have to do some seriously low passes to get those bad boys in range. msn-wink.gif

With a longer range than HB and Reapers, now you can fry your enemies in style and safety! Vokite always has your back (or rear armour) :P

Just wish you could keep them firing in one continuous beam and swoop along the ground, scythe style :D 

• Reyner and bluntblade like this

Terran_zps971683eb.pnggallery_60566_6038_61161.png Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

That thing is going to have to do some seriously low passes to get those bad boys in range. msn-wink.gif

With a longer range than HB and Reapers, 

That's a derp on my part, I think. I misjudged the scale and thought those were Chargers. blink.png

Posted Image
Posted Image

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,692 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

Someone just needs to send that to Forge World now so that they can officially add it to the options :D

• bluntblade likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,017 posts

With a longer range than HB and Reapers, 

That's a derp on my part, I think. I misjudged the scale and thought those were Chargers. blink.png

How the mighty fall :P Though I do wonder just how many chargers I could fit on... drool.gif

STC Logisengine

STC Logisengine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts
  • Faction: XIX Legion, Pale Nomads

Imagine the Landraider Crusader - now Exchange the boltguns in the sponsons for Calivers, 6 per sponson, and the assaultcannons for a pair of Culverins.. and the multimelta for a Culverin..

A GLORIOUS storm of Chooom! A Crimson Tempest! :wub:

• Forward Assist likes this

Forward Assist

Forward Assist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Slightly random musing. The plasma cannon is rumoured to be returning to it 2nd edition roots with the old 'low' and 'high' power settings, which was tremendously fun back in the day. Do you think we could see Volkite culverins getting a similar treatment? Perhaps 'low' would be the fusillade of shots we have at the moment whilst 'high' would be a beam weapon?
gallery_60566_6038_61161.png

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,507 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion

Slightly random musing. The plasma cannon is rumoured to be returning to it 2nd edition roots with the old 'low' and 'high' power settings, which was tremendously fun back in the day. Do you think we could see Volkite culverins getting a similar treatment? Perhaps 'low' would be the fusillade of shots we have at the moment whilst 'high' would be a beam weapon?

Would it's strength change? Beam can be quite nasty. Multiply that by 10 and the dice bucket that's already full could potentially overflow with the right lines of fire
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,723 posts
We can but dream...!

Forward Assist

Forward Assist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Dunno, in two minds. Maybe higher strength but less range or same range lower strength? Can see the pros and cons of both sides.

Loquille

Loquille

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

Just finished Mr Volkite. Lovely model, even if I did ruin one of the cables. 

IMAG0888_zpsf00e6ye2.jpg

IMAG0884_zpsour34tlo.jpg

IMAG0886_zps32qgl7c5.jpg 

And I know the rules state I have to have a dead Night Lord to go with a Dark Angel, but you can have a WiP NL Volkite guy instead. 

IMAG0887_zpssdbmwrze.jpg

• Reyner, Bob Hunk, Olis and 5 others like this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Bummer that the cable was flubbed but still, nice job brother! And a double helping of choom, too. ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image

Forward Assist

Forward Assist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
Maximum approval.

Aeternus

Aeternus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,017 posts

Had a brief attempt at making volkite-in-action, but I have to say not entirely happy with how it came out. Can't think of any proper way to show the central 'white' beam, and the large 'red' glow around it, in a 3d manner. Had a try at the rings as well (the only way I could think of) so all together it kinda looks passable, from a distance. Still need to drill a socket in the neck for it to slot into.

IMG_20170414_000505_zpsprf4c8tq.jpg?1492IMG_20170414_000751_zpseblkydxw.jpg?1492

• Ramell, marine7312000, MrFlutterPie and 2 others like this

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

I will applaud the attempts, regardless of the end results, Brother. This is something I have rarely seen anyone else try. :tu:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,723 posts
Incredible.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,723 posts

So I finally enter the club brothers and sisters:

It may be a model from 10,000 years later technically, but here is my Arch Magos Dominus: Luther Ionsight

IMG_20170424_232309_zpsgclddp6a.jpg

• Olis and bluntblade like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,692 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

@Aeternas: I love the effect you've done - while I agree it would be difficult to show an inner white beam surrounded by red, perhaps you could paint some variations in intensity of the red/white along the length of the beam? Alternatively, you could try an irridescent medium, though I'm not sure quite how well that would work...

@Charlo: Archmagos Ironsight looks pretty good :)

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls

@ Aeternas - Maybe use red-tinted transparency sheets cut into a series of decreasing circles?  I used to use something similar for spinning props on model aircraft.

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,501 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Just gonna drop this fellow here, cause I forgot the other night. First Lieutenant Rael Donovan, Wallbreaker Prime and Siege Breaker of the 284th Storm Battalion.

gallery_78067_12186_4980.jpg

Sorta based on the event praetor (though in reality only his legs remain,) except purified of his combi-choom and replaced with true choom.

• Reyner, DuskRaider, Olis and 3 others like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Packs a hell of a bitch-slap, too. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,207 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion

Packs a hell of a bitch-slap, too. :lol:

And never challenge him to a duel.
giphy.gif

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MDRC, Volkite, 30k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)