== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Considering there are daemons who can travel through lava (if I understood Wrath of Magnus correctly), I don't think all daemons will fear martian death rays.

I can see khornate daemons pilfer some volkite for themselves though, since they haven't fulfilled the "burn" part of their motto since... well, ever.

I've been working on a blog entry about who'd win between Equestria and a Great Crusade fleet for the last month, funnily enough.

(Spoilers: space marines win.)

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Forge World's moritat's volkite serpentas look like vacuum cleaners? Archeotech vacuum cleaners of doom, yes, but vacuum cleaners nonetheless.

You know, as opposed to the archeotech hairdryers the alternate version wields.

As long as the conversation has drifted back towards beautiful choom, then I'll lay off of the purging and scourging. 

Also:

Do we have a laughter emoji on this board?

Yes, we do. Just write lol between two colons. Or there's a smiley face button you can select on the reply box control panel to give you a reasonable selection to choose from - there's one in there. The facepalm one is my current favourite.

Anyhoo, talking of the Moritat models, it's clear that the weapons are of a different pattern to the usual variety of Proteus and Telerac ones. The question is, where does that pattern come from? What is the pattern called?

Speaking of culverins, would those be the optimal guns with which to give a Fire Raptor MDR capability?

If you can get your hands on the jetbike style culverins, they go quite nicely on the turrets where the Autocannons usually go in the brackets.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170407_122651_zpsnjncl7sr.jpg?1491565628700&1491565630840&1491565637796

Not sure about replacing the missiles on wings/front cannon. Maybe a couple of demi-culverins from the Russ tanks?

Not sure about replacing the missiles on wings/front cannon. Maybe a couple of demi-culverins from the Russ tanks?

Well, if you go down a size, that's the usual culverins found on infantry whereas if you go up then it's the knight mounted one. Not much wriggle room, really. I'd say the demi-culverins are probably a reasonable shout, with only slight concern on size and how they'd fit in, scale-wise, to the rest of the model. 

Well, if you go down a size, that's the usual culverins found on infantry whereas if you go up then it's the knight mounted one. Not much wriggle room, really. I'd say the demi-culverins are probably a reasonable shout, with only slight concern on size and how they'd fit in, scale-wise, to the rest of the model. 

It's just the question of whether one demi culverin horizontal in the bolt cannon slot would be too small, and you'd have to go to Knight culverin or even glaive, and I'm not sure you could fit two in there vertical. Think the missile pods would be large enough for a demi horizontal like Russes. Best bet imo would be two culverins on each ball turret, one knight chieorovile in the front, and one demi-culverin under each wing.

Anybody noticed the "CHOOM!" on warhammer community website about the Osiron dreadnaught from yesterday?

I did not, brother. This is highly gratifying news, to be honest. The community website is seen by a great many people - more than have seen this thread, probably. While our home here and our embassy on FB can spread the word slowly but surely, the recent mention in MoM and now on the community website gets our mascot onomatopoeia out there much more effectively. I'm just happy that there is a visible contribution to the lore thanks to us. :happy.:

I rather despise fanpandering myself (mostly due to DHX Media), but I'm happy that the one meme that is ascended is an inoffensive one like choom, and not ones like the "Armless Failbaddon oh oh oh I'm so witty," "CREEEEEEEEEED" or Eldrad "I've set this millenia-long plan in motion in order to oggle a howling banshee's chest after her breastplate is atomized" Ulthran that some fans love to parrot about like the unsurpassably original geniuses that they are.

I like volkite to sound like the lasers of Mass Effect's reapers, if only because it's the only laser sound I ever remember.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

Everybody imagines the sound slightly differently, that's why we don't claim it to be the definitive be all and end all of how anyone should hear a volkite fire. I also hadn't considered it a 'meme', tbh. Interesting. :happy.:

I'm not particularly aware of the actual definition of memes, but from my understanding it's something that is repeated in the entire fandom (and even in other ones) more because everyone else is doing it than because they like it (and even then they might like it very much). But I believe there's also a part of the definition that means it is a reaction to something in the original material (such as Creed's outflanking rules and description as a tactical genius leading to baneblades being hidden behind street lights) as opposed to something that is entirely invented.

So yeah, even though I called choom a meme in the previous post, I actually doubt it's an actual one since it's a genuine invention. Especially that it's mostly contained in this thread and is mentioned elsewhere only when it's actually logical to mention it.

And like I said, "the sound a weapon makes when it fires" is a lot less of an issue than "Macha the eternal virgin" when it's repeated so tirelessly people start believing it's canon, or at least that if a fanfiction or fanart doesn't include this meme, it's not a real fanwork.

(Yeah, there's a reason I take so many breaks from bronies.)