== Martian Death Ray Club ==

If you gents haven't seen this yet:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295603-30k-vehicleautomata-concepts-sicaran-ustorvindexadvancer/?p=4794429

After the reveal of the three upcoming Sicaran variants at Warhammer Fest, I decided to take a look back at my variant designs on the Sicaran chassis and update them. Considering the limited degree to which they vary from the primary Sicaran, while FW's new tanks each have unique turret designs, I've refined them down into the following three vehicles:

Legion Sicaran Ustor Assault Tank:

gallery_53779_12611_480781.png

It took me a while to get the new incarnation of the Volkite Cascade looking right, but I'm super happy with how it turned out, and how well it fits with the new Sicaran Punisher Turret:

gallery_53779_12611_119067.png

Legion Sicaran Vindex Air-Denial Tank:

gallery_53779_12611_711230.png

The weapon mounted on the Sicaran Arcus turret is a 'Vindex Bolt Cannon Array', and it has sponson missile launchers with Flak missiles. Because similar weapons aren't absent in 40k, this will also get a relic version for use with 8th ed.

Legion Sicaran Advancer Armoured Transport:

gallery_53779_12611_120388.png

We've seen this one before, but I thought I'd do a lineart technical illustration and give it some comms gear suitable to its recon / command role - again, this one will get a set of 40k Relic rules.

Ughhhh this is exactly the response I get every time I design anything - when will you mad people learn restraint? 

Less is more :tongue.:

That is NOT what she said.

That being said, did you see what topic you're posting in? We believe that more choom is better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The FB group was updated this morning with a picture of a shoulder-mounted choom-marine. This reminded me of the Astral Claws character Valthex (similar backpack) and in turn this got me thinking of Techmarines.

What volkite would best fit a servo-harness in both style and substance?

Personally I think you could justify having a serpenta, charger or caliver as part of a servo-harness. A culverin might be a tad too large, unless you didn't mount on an arm and instead mounted it to the power pack.

I agree since the conversion beamer, which should be about the same size as a culverin, replaces the whole servo arm.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally got to building that Legion Sicaran Ustor Assault Tank that our good friend Iron Hands Fanatic dreamed up, though the Volkite Cascade is a bit more tricky to build than initially anticipated.

No matter, a solution will be found.

I am also pleased to report that my build will not carry such a balanced loadout as IHF invisioned in his lineart, what Frater of the revered MDRC would stoop to such tactical conciderations when all may be rendered ash and ruin with glorious Choom!?

As such I found it more sensible to dig out pieces for a triple-Culverin loadout of the sponsons and hull-mount.

I shall endeavour to have a few w.i.p-pictures made avalible for your esteemed concideration by friday should the Omnissiah not throw a most blessed spanner in my unworthy gearbox.

Yes, they work in vaccuum, volkite weapons works by transfering a staggering amount of thermodynamic energy to targets caught in their ray, the instantly transfered heat flash-boiling metal and turning organic matter into jetting mineral ash and superheated gasses, often igniting the latter into clouds of flame. Volkite Weapons also produce a deflagrating attack, in which subsonic combustion caused by a beam of thermal energy propagate through a material by thermodynamic heat transfer so that hot burning material heat the next layer or nearby mass of cold material and igniting it.

In short exploding the first flithy xenos into an expanding cloud of ash and fire, then the heat-blast boils and sets fire to the filthy xenos' nearby mate.

But yes, unfortunately it makes no sound in the void.

I still really want a Titan/ Ordinatus level choom.

At this point i'd settle for a giant magnifying glass strapped to a Warlord's shoulder :wacko.:

Or a hairdryer. :lol:

Anyone planning a choomy version of the Astraeus?

I think we're still pining for titan-scale ch oom. But, regardless, those macro-accelerators could be swapped out for something suitably choom-y. Saaay... the Volkite Phoenice. A long barrelled Astraeus Culverin derivative, perhaps.