== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Roc?

The Cinder Roc, to give it it's full title, is a Volkite variant of the Fire Raptor brainstormed by our brother and mutual BotL member Hesh Kadesh back towards the start of this thread, here's the post:

Legion Cinder Roc Interdictor; 280pts

[Fire Raptor Stats]

Wargear;

- One Hull Mounted Twin-linked Demi Culverin

- Two turret Mounted Twin-linked Volkite Culverin

- Four Wing Mounted Sunfury Heavy Missiles

- Machine Spirit

- Extra Armour

Special Rules

- Deep Strike

- Strafing Run

- Independent Turret Fire

- Interdiction; Whenever two or more weapons from the same Cinder Roc Interdictor hit the same unit, that unit must take a pinning test with a negative modifier to their Ld score equal to the number of models killed by additional wounds suffered from that gunships deflagrate rule

Options;

- A Cinder Roc may exchange its two Twin-linked Volkite Culverin for two Xiphon Rotary Missile Launchers (+30pts)

- A Cinder Roc may exchange its Twin-linked Demi Culverin for a Volkite Chierovile (+20pts)

- A Cinder Roc may exchange its four Sunfury Missiles for four Phosphex Bomb Clusters (+20pts)

[standard other options etc]

I also developed a Volkite variant called the Ash Phoenix (alongside a Volkite Pred dubbed the Cremator) much later into the thread which you can see here if you like:

<p>

Okay then, I've done some brainstorming and I think I've come up with some concepts you'll all like, though please bear in mind I have no idea what the points cost, rules or profile of these weapons are or should be, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks:

ASH PHOENIX GUNSHIP

Weapon Loadout:

• 1x Nose-Mounted Twin-Linked Volkite Chieorovile. (I chose the Chieorovile as I estimated it to be around the right size to mounted on the Fire Raptor airframe)
  • 2x Turret-Mounted Quad Volkite Culverins.
  • 4x Wing-Mounted Hellstrike Missles (One use each).

Options:

• The Ash Phoenix's Quad Volkite Culverins can be swapped out for Twin-Linked Multi-Meltas for free.
  • The Ash Phoenix can replace it's Hellstrike Missles for a Phosphex Bomb for -BLANK- points per Bomb.

DEIMOS PATTERN PREDATOR CREMATOR (Alternate titles: Conflagrator, Purgator, Purifer)

Weapon Loadout:

• 1x Turret-Mounted Twin-Linked Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Options:

• The Predator Cremator may take Volkite Culverin Sponsons for -BLANK- points.
  • The Predator Cremator may take Multi-Melta Sponsons for -BLANK- points.

Special Rules:

• Fenrisian Funeral: Should the Predator Cremator suffer a Penetrating Hit, after damage results have been resolved roll a D6, on a 2-6 nothing happens. However, if a roll of 1 is made, then the Predator Cremator counts as suffering a Vehicle Explodes damage result, with another D6 inches to the blast range.

Of being a Night Lords kinda guy and having what outsiders would call an unhealthy love of choom, I had a little play with a cheeky Volkite filled Army list. The pre requisite is everything has Volkite (In no way competitive or meant to be anything taken other than fun)

Full Choom 2.5k list of Doom

Praetor: pblade, halo, digi weapons, and serpenta.

5 terms: chargers and chainfists.

1 x contemptor: twin linked Culverin and power fists.

2×10 terror squad: chargers and chainglaive.

1x5 terror squad: chargers and chainglaive

3 x choomspeeder deluxe: culverin and graviton

10 heavy support squad: Culverin

1 x Glaive super heavy

2.5k on the button.

It's in no way optimised other than all the Volkite :devil:

If we scratch the Fenrisian bit, could we make that the Akira pattern?

As in bring it to the BotL'verse? Sure! I'd be more than willing to allow that, the Fenrisian bit was just a joking in-universe play on the term Viking Funeral. :)

It's coming along beautifully, although all those Culverins are some kinda tech-heresy :wink:

I'm just super glad that I ensured the design has features to make it explicitly not a rotary weapon, because confusion about that was a whole thing back when I did the concepts for the original incarnation

Cool conversion, brother. Have you considered communally (as in the MDRC itself) creating the back ground for this Praetor? I know you have the beginnings so far - maybe a little interaction between us might be cool.

Cool conversion, brother. Have you considered communally (as in the MDRC itself) creating the back ground for this Praetor? I know you have the beginnings so far - maybe a little interaction between us might be cool.

This is something I could go for!

Right then chaps for those who haven't seen him on FB:

He's former Atramentar.

He likes fighting in space.

He's a little bit good at it.

So yeah, let's get started!

so, i got this idea last week.

i can't have volkites(except on tech-priest magos) in 40k, but i can have grav guns and combi-gravs on deathwatch termies.

of course, the grav gun profile is nothing like the volkite chargers, except both are str 5.

however, a stroke of mad genius struck me.

what if the Iron Warriors in an effort to make the volkite weaponry more armour negating, they accidentally turned it up to eleven, and the deflagrate effect worked on a more microscopic scale.

instead of burning flesh and starting chain reactions to other nearby victims, the volkite beam caused the victims armours electron to get way too excited, causing the victims armour to deflagrate "inward".

anyway, that's my excuse to cut up a bunch of volkite serpentas and lascutters into volkite chargers for 30k and combi-grav guns in 40k.

anybody got a good name?

volkite arquebus?

volkite blunderbuss?

volkite disintegrator?

Whilst trying to think up some fluff for my dude above, have we discussed space ship scale Volkite before? I know we're up to Titan/ordinatus level but I can't recall us taking it to space.

Either way, what would the group's consensus be on something in a lance format, maybe not the best penetrative weapon to use in space, but more with the idea it's used to cook off ammunition/bodies/fighters/bombers/ generally the more exposed areas of a ship?

Yeah I’d probably see volkite as more of a point defence weapon, as I’ve always envisioned Titan class weapons being used for defence against bombers, fighters and ordnance.

definately something like the carronade as a beam weapon

• 4 weeks later...