== Martian Death Ray Club ==

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we made the Lightning Bearers their own Fire Raptor variant:

Ash Phoenix Gunship

Alone among the Legions, the Ist continued to possess volkite weaponry in large numbers into the dark years of the Insurrection, thanks to the industrious forges of Akira and its satellites. The skyborne civilisation of Madrigal led them to favour gunships in their armoury both for the insertion of troops and as highly mobile gun-platforms, and as such these too were equipped with esoteric weapons. It is said that Icarion himself helped to design the Ash Phoenix, derived from the more common Fire Raptor in the Lightning Bearers’ early campaigns against daemonic infestations. Armed with a twin-linked Volkite Demi-Culverin, it proved lethal against infantry of all kinds.

BS4 Front12 Side12 Rear12 HP4

Wargear

1x Nose-Mounted Twin-Linked Volkite Demi-Culverin

2x Turret-Mounted Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins

4x Wing-Mounted Tempest Rockets

Special Rules

Deep Strike

Independent Turret Fire

Strafing Run

Options

The Ash Phoenix can replace its Hellstrike Missiles for:

4x Hellstrike Missiles ___ points

2x Twin-linked Lascannons ___ points

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Finally, Forge World gave us our first look at the Proteus Pattern Land Speeder – based on the classic design of the first ever Land Speeder in Rogue Trader, this support skimmer will feature all sorts of weapons options and will be available on general release, unlike its retro-tastic, event-exclusive brother."

Landspeeder10.jpg

Landspeeder11.jpg

I guess the new Carnodon tank belongs here now, too. The rules were present at WHFest, and pics of the pages are starting to float around. It can take a turret Culverin and sponson Calivers, running at 70 points with the choom load-out and squadronable from 1-3 little tanks. Choomodons are full go for Solar Auxilia, although unfortunately it doesn't look like Militia will be able to take the Volkite options.

Soon folks will be able to run these cute little tanks alongside their larger Russ Incinerator cousins. Adorable.

Regarding the new/old speeder, Is that a hunter killer missile on the side of the fuselage?

Yeah. The speeder itself is just going to come with a heavy bolter, and then there will be weapons packs with the other options. Both packs are coming with two hunter killers. I think the packs are Multi-melta + Graviton gun and Volkite Culverin + Heavy Flamer? Not that pleased about it myself, as the basic speeder before the weapons packs is already £50. I would have preferred it all came in one kit, but at least we're getting all the options in some form.

Wait, is the weaponry on the land speeder gonna be sold separately?

Might have to add a few, or a dozen, to my next order if that's the case.

The event 30th anniversary version comes with MkVI crew and a multi-melta, whereas the general release speeder will have MkIV crew and a heavy bolter. Not sure if there's anything else that sets them apart..