== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Arrhythmic or atonal "squeals", I recall.

CHOOOOM I recall very vividly from Master of Mankind. :biggrin.:

"The rythmic roar of bolters punctured the air, the furious crackling of plasma discharges was interrupted by the CHOOMING of his Volkite weapon." ... struth XD.

im not complaining XD just asking how you would describ it. roaring, barking, seering, lancing, blinding, snapping. These are all used for weapons in fiction but i cant think of any for volkites.

It's chooom. :)

For me "chooom is the soumd of the graviton mines from Boba Fett.

Edited by Gorgoff

I got me some of those non-Telerac culverins that are on last chance to buy.

Same here, I've also got some mkII and gonna make a Unification Wars/Great crusade Heavy Choom squad, plus a unit of veterans with combichoom, using a blu-stuff mold out of the event praetor.

Edited by Elzender

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a good tutorial on painting the classic Volkite red into the coils of my Styrix... Help me Heresy Hive Mind!

To be honest I keep it to what I have, khorne red, wash baal red, dry red, maybe a little highlight of white because shiny

• 2 weeks later...

im not complaining XD just asking how you would describ it. roaring, barking, seering, lancing, blinding, snapping. These are all used for weapons in fiction but i cant think of any for volkites.

It's chooom. :smile.:

For me "chooom is the soumd of the graviton mines from Boba Fett.

"Choom" is a squeal, according to MoM

Remember, when I first devised the whole 'choom' sound, it was intended to be onomatopoeic. That said, both of these depictions - the 'pang' (as I recall them) of Fett's mines and the 'squeal' description from MoM - can more or less coexist in the grey area of fan interpretation. The canon depictions so far don't really take Volkites in a drastically different direction to what we visualise already but, as we all know, canon is a very mutable thing. At least, so far, 'Choom' can be considered canonical. What exactly that noise is, is up to you.

It definitely isn't 'pew pew pew', though. That's the blasters from Star Wars. :wink:

'Eyas and how's it goin' mates? I figured I might as well sidle up to the party, too. So, y'know, don't mind me too much, I'll just be hanging around and gettin' some experience with the shooty death rays. I still haven't gotten to use any volkite in anger, yet so it's all shiny and new.

Hopefully, it won't be new for long. Got a megabattle where we're supposed to bring out 5K points each, so I'm expecting a Glaive might be able to claim a few kills in something like that, eh?

gallery_107230_14721_49469.jpg

And a far more humble group. The only mk.II I could get my hands on, so why not draft them to a good cause.

gallery_107230_14721_32057.jpg

Can I say it? Do I get permission? CHOOM!

• 3 weeks later...