Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

== Martian Death Ray Club ==

MDRC Volkite 30k

• Please log in to reply
2016 replies to this topic

Mr Yellow

Mr Yellow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 705 posts

Has anyone attempted mounting a Volkite to a Titan yet?

Audemus

Audemus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts

With the pre-orders opening for the Carnodon, I feel it is important to point out that the Wall of CHOOM! tactic (aka Clown Cars of Doom), will soon be undertaken by my volkite toting Solar Auxilia.  I have a dream of 9 full Volkite Carnodons storming about like hilarious Doomsday bumper cars careening all over the place causing havoc and mayhem, as well as piles of ash, and in general being an absolute nightmare for the people I have been playing against.  This shall be my revenge for the defeats I have suffered at the hands of those dastardly motorcycle riding Astartes!  The 1905th shall ride forth like Hannibal and crush their silly cavalry beneath the tracks of their CHOOM-EMPOWERED WAR ELEPHANTS! devil.gif

Okay, so maybe I am a bit too excited about the mental image of this, if only because each squadron of 3 is only 240 points...but even if I lose, it shall be a glorious loss! sweat.gif

• Reyner, stretch_135, Brother Pheidias and 3 others like this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,425 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Don't forget leman Russ incinerator with the demi-culverin. 3 carnodon and 3 lri be chuckling all the way home I be
  • Audemus likes this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts

forgot to post this, picked up a second choom stick for my dread and magnatised the arms

o2E700g.jpg?1

• BrotherAtrox, Gorgoff, Charlo and 2 others like this

binary

binary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts
Finished the holy *choom* bearing Armiger “Seraphim” - The Warrior, Piloted by Silvaine Mordai Valdiri, Oathsworn of House De Valdis

tthMwAN.jpg
vyCURfM.jpg
NoLlPKD.jpg
  • MrBear, DuskRaider, librisrouge and 12 others like this

Arion

Arion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts

Wow, that is literally amazing. The LED work is crazy!!!! Have you ever thought of maybe integrating a tiny circuitboard so the LEDs would glow rhythmically? Would be insane to have that on the plasma/volkite coils...!

• binary likes this

My 40k Blood Angels (last update with pictures on Dec 5th 2016): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327651-3rd-company/

My 30K Emperor's Children (last update with pictures on September 5th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329491-iiird-legion-shadow-of-perfection/

My 30K Sons of Horus (last update with pictures on June 19th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337228-xvith-legion-let-the-galaxy-burn/

My 30K Imperial Fists (last update with pictures on September 5th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/347687-viith-legion-manning-the-walls-of-terra/

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,746 posts
For those interested in something more smaller scale:
P1050964d.jpg
  • BrotherAtrox, Brother Pheidias, Gorgoff and 2 others like this

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,425 posts
Turns out the plague marine box is a good source of spiked armour plate, perfect for the Bloody Aegis! So here's my version of the Coward, Kheron Ophion

IA5y059.jpg
  • Reyner, Viridia, infyrana and 7 others like this

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
  • Faction: Luna Wolves, Thousand Sons

Working on my first contribution at the moment.

The Mournival Events group on Facebook has come up with a nice amount of FAW and additional units they use in their campaign games in Australia, which includes Breacher support squads and Assault support squads.

So, I am doing a ten man unit of Assault support marines with combat shields, Power Axes and Volkite serpenta.

• Fenbain and Arion like this

Recasts are like Fight Club. A lot more people do it then you realize and its never who you would suspect.

Arion

Arion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts

Good morning fellow Legionnaries,

Here is my modest contribution to this delightful thread. I have just started a IVth Legion army which I intend to fill with as much choom as possible (charger & caliver support squads, culverins on Dreadnoughts, Serpenta's on HQs).

My first two legionnaires for the choom caliver tactical support squad. I decided that they would all rock MkII armour. Terrans, old-school veterans. They kept their old gear and their antique guns.

Whats-App-Image-2018-11-12-at-12-00-58.j

The color scheme is nothing original or flashy. I mainly paint to play on tabletop. I plan on doing OSL effects for the volkite coils but since I need to whip out my airbrush for this, I'm waiting to get the whole squad done and do it all at once.
Whats-App-Image-2018-11-12-at-12-01-03.j

Hope you enjoy it and more to come!

• DuskRaider, Machine God, helterskelter and 3 others like this

My 40k Blood Angels (last update with pictures on Dec 5th 2016): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327651-3rd-company/

My 30K Emperor's Children (last update with pictures on September 5th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/329491-iiird-legion-shadow-of-perfection/

My 30K Sons of Horus (last update with pictures on June 19th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337228-xvith-legion-let-the-galaxy-burn/

My 30K Imperial Fists (last update with pictures on September 5th 2018): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/347687-viith-legion-manning-the-walls-of-terra/

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 897 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

Hoooh now brother Arion, that is one excellent looking group of tactical doom choom you got there!  Iron Warriors rarely look flashy but they're still superb and definitely look the part of the old style terran vets.  Love 'em, dude. Going for the right proper orange-red OSL on 'em, definitely gonna look real good with the colder look of the Iron Warriors armour.  Lookin' great and can't wait to see em all done up and glowy. 

Brother ProsperoStands, now that sounds like an expensive albeit awesome group of assault troopers.  Can't wait to see em.  And yeah, FAW with Breacher supports and assault supports sound pretty excellent, can't help but feel envious here!  Blast, I'm just thinking of doing up a simple volkite charger squad because... mobility, I guess. 

Hleterskelter, maaaan I hadn't seen it before but you're right, that plague marine box is pretty awesome for such things.  GAH, I sold mine to a mate who plays death guard and now I'm starting to regret it.  Maybe I'll snap up another Dark Imperium set to get some spikey bois for reaver parts.  

• Arion likes this

ckYid5u.jpg

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,118 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Arise, thread, and rejoice in your new dreadnought iron form!

I've finished some chooom for my own chapter, the Storm Walkers:

47121448981_7615bcc5b5_c.jpg

47069155302_afe124f708_c.jpg

• librisrouge, Brother Pheidias, helterskelter and 3 others like this

Ironandforge

Ironandforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
  • Faction: IX Legion

im insearch of some mini choom for my angels tears.  any ideas on sourcing.  

gallery 48988 10980 12646

Tech Priest: Lord Sanguinius, we've just developed a new prototype weapon, we call it an Assault Cannon

Raldoron: Lord, the initial data suggests a propensity to jam which should be ad..

Sanguinius: Put it on everything

Azkellion: Perhaps an initial...limited de-

Sanguinius: EVERYTHING

Raldoron: but Lord, the jamming, surely more tests ar-

Sanguinius: DID I :cuss STUTTER?

And lo, the Blood Angels Legion took the Great Crusade in style.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,425 posts
Mechanicum Volkite Armiger anyone?

LNBNnhJ.jpg
  • librisrouge, Quixus, Excessus and 5 others like this

STC Logisengine

STC Logisengine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 172 posts
  • Faction: XIX Legion, Pale Nomads

jawdrop.gif 

librisrouge

librisrouge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,503 posts
  • Faction: His Noble Inquisition

Weren't those sold at the weekender? Aren't there rules for them somewhere? Or am I just mistaken?

Because I want that. I'm literally holding off on building some volkite armigers to make sure I don't screw it up and can use THAT.

"Frak this, for my faith is a shield proof against your blandishments."

-Book of Cain - Chapter IV, Verse XXI

"I think you really need to be a guard player in order to have that kind of attitude about casualties. My forces were killed to a man for slight strategic gain? All I heard was a buzzing noise until that part about strategic gain."

-Ailarian, Hand of the Kind XXXI

http://thisisahelmet.blogspot.com/ - My Sometimes Update Blog

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg gallery_4664_11830_5080.jpg sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,434 posts

Straight outta CHOOMtonia:

S7nx4wB.jpg

tI3UV8T.jpg

SNaM0LO.jpg

Aa6zDZK.jpg

QeIIeOC.jpg

Hope you like it!