== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Here's a question for you all... How would you convert up a combi Volkite? Because I'm not finding any decent ways to do it.

If you can get a hold of the Terminator Weapon Set or the combi-bolters in it, they'll have a slot for the other weapon part. I would imagine a Charger would fit in the gap with a little filing.

Here's a question for you all... How would you convert up a combi Volkite? Because I'm not finding any decent ways to do it.

If you can get a hold of the Terminator Weapon Set or the combi-bolters in it, they'll have a slot for the other weapon part. I would imagine a Charger would fit in the gap with a little filing.

Serpentas arealmost perfectly sized for the Phobos-pattern combi-weapons from the Cataphractii weapons set (needs some filing of course). I imagine it's the same for the Tigrus combis.

Is there anything that can't be made awesome by Enkomi being used as the basis?

Regarding the Ordinatus mentioned in the OP, Giving it a Strength of D would work fine, but bear in mind that Titans are immune to the effects of Haywire (*note Void Shields are seperate from a Titan, so not subject to Armoured Ceramite and Haywire Immunity), so giving it Haywire without a specific allowance around that would have me suggest that the Haywire was kept in a seperate special rule; that way, the main hit isn't actually a Haywire, so causes Strength D, but perhaps it counts as D3 hits from a Carronade in addition; perhaps noting as well that the order of firing is specifically designed to strip Titan Void Shield Arrays;

I believe an Ordinatus contains a single weapon, and based on an average ~2000pts to price it between a Warlord and a Reaver

Volkite Columbiad;

Range; 144", Strength D, AP2; Primary Weapon 1, Ultra Heavy Beam, Ignores Cover, Deflagrate, Shield Stripper, Concentrated Wave, Targeting Matrix

Ultra Heavy Beam; This works exactly like Heavy Beam, with the exception that the beam is 2" wide, and when striking against Super-heavy vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures, or large intact building/fortifications (bastion sized or larger), the attack is only blocked should the model not be destroyed, killed, or otherwise removed from the table. Super-heavy Vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures and large intact building/fortifications (bastion sized or larger) take D3+1 hits in such an event, but suffer -1 to the roll on the Destroyer Weapon Attack table on these hits) In addition, the damage done to transported models is increased to 2d6 S7 AP3 hits with the deflagrate special per unit carried within (units with 31 or more models count as 2 units for this purpose). Against buildings or models with notably different troop transport areas, only those transport areas in the line of the beams effect are hit; those in other sections do not count.

Shield Stripper; In addition to the main weapon, a trifecta of Volkite Carronades are synced into the firing sequence in order to strip a heavily protected targets of Void Shields, allowing the main weapon to drill into its target stripped of its ablative bubbles. When you fire a Volkite Columbiad, if you hit a model protected by a Void Shield, work out the distance between the target and the muzzle of the Columbiad. Depending on the distance between the two, you can strip the Void Shields more effectively. 

Against models protected by a Void Shield, up to 3 additional attacks effect the shields, each one causing D3 S8 AP2 hits with the Haywire Special rule against the Void Shield. The amount of attacks is dependent on range from the muzzle of the Columbiad and the point at which the heavy beam comes in contact with the hull or base of the model, whichever is closer; if it's 48" or closer, 3 hits are sustained, 2 hits between 48" and 96", and between 96" and 144", only a single hit is sustained. Any left over hits are ignored; effectively the damage is already included the Destroyer damage of the main weapon. Any model being reduced to 0 Void Shields as a result of attacks by a weapon with this special rule must reroll any successful rolls to restore Void Shields.

Concentrated Wave; This weapon may only be fired every other turn (i.e if it fires in one shooting phase, it may not fire in the next), unless the beam crosses the base or hull of one model that was crossed the previous shooting phase. This model must be a Super Heavy Vehicle or Gargantuan Creature, as only threats of significant nature and size are considered worthy of the attention of a Magos at the helm of an Ordinatus piece. Note that if such a model starts Zooming or Flying after being hit in the previous, they are taking evasive action, and due to the slow tracking speed of the main gun, they do not count if they're under the beam. 

Targeting Matrix; due to the nature of the threat posed by enemy Titans, and the size and energy signature produced by such monstrous god machines, then an Ordinatus piece may be kept ready to ambush once it's picked up on its threat radar. If an enemy army contains one or more models held in reserve with some variant of the Towering Monstrosity special rule (or by agreement with your opponent of an equivalently sized model), then the Ordinatus piece may elect to forego firing its main gun until a model as noted arrives on the battlefield. This weapon then gains the Interceptor rule, but it must target such an enemy model the first time it shoots. 

In reality, at extreme range, this means that an Ordinatus can cripple an enemy Warlords Void Shields; D3 Haywire and D3+1 Destroyer can strip it to 1 Void Shield, next turn, it's likely to cripple the remaining Void Shield (the enemy may struggle to get any remaining Void Shields up in turn), but then when the D3+1 Destroyer Weapons hit, that's likely 3d3 Hull Points gone. Not exactly mind blowing, but should it roll a 6, that's 6+D6+2d3; an average of 12 Hull Points in a single turn (best case scenario of 24+4d6 after stripping its hull points to nothing in a single turn), and that's not to mention the collateral; any "normal" Super Heavy is likely to be vaporised (assuming 9 Hull points), but the way I've written it, it relies on the opponent not being a complete idiot and allowing the Ordinatus piece to get a LoS to more than one super heavy; as otherwise, it can daisy chain its way without having to stop firing and retarget after another turn.

Against a Reaver's 18 Hull Points, it will not only strip it to nothing, but also cause around 5 Hull Points in a single turn. Depending on the Ordinatus rig's defenses (assuming its based on a Krios "tractor" and a Triaros "trailer" unit), I'm assuming they're going to be more esoteric than just lots of AV and lots of HP), it will be either a case of the Ordinatus being able to kill the Reaver over 3 turns with decent rolling, with the Reaver having to expend its resources to kill the Ordinatus.

I've actually had quite the epic kill story today of the Volkite Carronade on my Glaive, but I've run out of time at the moment.

That is quite a comprehensive write up of the Columbiad. Unless there are objections, I think this may be the rules we'll go with, further discussion permitting of course. ^_^

Can I join the club?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg4_zpsoozibtj1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sdimbylow/Pre%20heresy%20Emperors%20Children/image.jpg3_zpsipdzttlv.jpg

Sorry about the plasma blaster. I know it isn't a volkite weapon, but it does reduce the enemy to ash

Edited by spu00sed

I had to wait a little while to get this photo, so I could make a good first contribution, but here we go!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/Volkites_zpstxpdohky.jpg

Ten Volkite Calivers ready for later ministration in the ETL :wub:

How about.. A volkite sniper...

A volkite jezail? Serpenta-width, culverin-length? Sounds necessary. It's a beam weapon, making a sniper of it is mandatory.

Although technically, we'd be going against type here (Volkites exhibiting shorter ranges than their compatriots in the bolter family) I don't see why not. I'd be inclined to suggest that a Volkite Jezail would be a minimised version of a Carronade - the muzzle providing a landscape profile as opposed to a portrait profile. However, the Jezail I envision would also take cues from the Carronade with the same muzzle brake, and the sniper himself would carry a back pack that would look very similar to the capacitors on the turret of the Glaive.

Thoughts? Am I on the money or off the mark?

How about.. A volkite sniper...

A volkite jezail? Serpenta-width, culverin-length? Sounds necessary. It's a beam weapon, making a sniper of it is mandatory.

Although technically, we'd be going against type here (Volkites exhibiting shorter ranges than their compatriots in the bolter family) I don't see why not. I'd be inclined to suggest that a Volkite Jezail would be a minimised version of a Carronade - the muzzle providing a landscape profile as opposed to a portrait profile. However, the Jezail I envision would also take cues from the Carronade with the same muzzle brake, and the sniper himself would carry a back pack that would look very similar to the capacitors on the turret of the Glaive.

Thoughts? Am I on the money or off the mark?

Mother of.. YOU DID IT. FINE. I GET IT YES. IM MAKING THIS. NOW... Ok tommorow then.

And there was me thinking of altering Baldrick's war poem 

I title it The Volkite Guns.

Choom, Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom,Choom, Choom, Choom,

Choom, Choom, Choom

Why in the holy name of choom did this make me laugh so much ?

I like the sniper. Give it "Get's Hot!" ?

I've always loved artillery, still need to get my hands on some rapiers, Volkite Ballistae on them would be pretty sweet.

I am surprised no one's been : CHOOMING FLYERS !

http://www.airvectors.net/avyakjet_01.jpg

(Imagine a Volkite caronade instead of the air inlet)

Or better still : DOUBLE CHOOMING FLYERS !

http://tanks45.tripod.com/Jets45/Histories/Northrop-XP-79B/Xp79_3.jpg

For the Fire Raptor, just give the option for the Turrets to be able to take 2 Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins instead of Heavy Bolters / Reaper Autocannons and Swap out the TL Avenger Bolt Cannon with a Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Done and done :p

We shall Dub it the "Choom Bird" >_>

For the Fire Raptor, just give the option for the Turrets to be able to take 2 Twin-Linked Volkite Culverins instead of Heavy Bolters / Reaper Autocannons and Swap out the TL Avenger Bolt Cannon with a Volkite Demi-Culverin.

Done and done :p

Choom Chicken?

ThunderChoom?

ChoomyChoomyBangBang?

Can we get some lovely hombrew rules for the volkite sniper and fire raptor batteries.

I would but my last rules attenpt in this thread was, in hindsight, OP as ****

I'll get on that. Expect rules soon.

Done and done :tongue.:

Choom Chicken?

ThunderChoom?

ChoomyChoomyBangBang?

Choom the magic dragon?