Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Lesser Son of Greater Fathers: Rise of the Mortifactor

Heresy Ultramarines Adeptus Mechanicus

• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

disease

disease

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,013 posts
  • Faction: All Things Traitorous

i guess i should subscribe...

• jimbo13 likes this

Signature not compliant with forum rules.

Photobucket's policy change ruined the archives :(

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Tyr

Completion:

I

Ferrata

P1020773_zpsldmqb6ex.jpg

Battle-Brothers Dayn, Morlan, Tartulo, Vorres and Cantulo

P1020774_zpswsxumjje.jpg

P1020776_zpsf5dr9oiv.jpg

P1020775_zps3aza8cmt.jpg

Brother-Apothecary Honestas Sanator, assigned I Squad 'Ferrata', IX Company VII Chapter XIII Legion

P1020778_zpsaqqgxxhs.jpg

• Brother Chaplain Kage, RolandTHTG, Noserenda and 16 others like this

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

jimbo13

jimbo13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,016 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion

Completion:

I

Ferrata

P1020773_zpsldmqb6ex.jpg

Battle-Brothers Dayn, Morlan, Tartulo, Vorres and Cantulo

P1020774_zpswsxumjje.jpg

P1020776_zpsf5dr9oiv.jpg

P1020775_zps3aza8cmt.jpg

Brother-Apothecary Honestas Sanator, assigned I Squad 'Ferrata', IX Company VII Chapter XIII Legion

P1020778_zpsaqqgxxhs.jpg

All I can think of is 300.... Very characterful poses. Almost wish one was tapping his gladius against his shield!!!

i guess i should subscribe...

Will there be any guest appearances by disease?

• zxyogi and Dantay VI like this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,089 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Amazing work, bro!! The black and blue on the shields is an excellent combination. Really impressive painting and weathering :tu:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some more :)

• BrotherCaptainArkhan likes this

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts
  • Faction:

The apothecary is really cool. I like the black stripes on the shields, its a nice eye catching detail and a good contrast to the traditional gold, white and blue of the XIIIth.

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

Centurion Jay

Centurion Jay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
  • Faction: XIIIth Legion - Ultramarines

More great work!

I've said it before but I am seriously digging the grittyness of them compared to some ultras you see.

And that apothecary is just fantastic, I'm not usually a fan of MK 7 chest pieces on heresy figures but it really works here!

3e5a1b868981c362d0d10e76bd3e057e.png

30K Ultramarine WIP Log: http://www.bolterand...e-38th-company/

deathspectersgt7

deathspectersgt7

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,272 posts
  • Faction: Death Spectres & More

Great job on the saw bones.

gallery_70393_10089_14134.png     gallery_45765_11559_21519.png

paz

paz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
  • Faction: Moirae Schismatics

that Apothecary is drool-worthy! 

And those breachers... sweet god-emperor thats nice.

And, I imagine, tough as nails on the table!

<p>sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngCB60B3CF-19F9-426A-9150-B04D479E791E_zps

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

Cheers lads :)

Got another update all ready to go, but the fluff is still being written, so...in the meantime, I want to play a game. *laughs*

This is an Ultramarine force...what's an Iron Hand (WIP) doing in it?? Answers on a bolt shell (inscribed).

IMAG1251_zpswm08ek1y.jpg

• Noserenda, Centurion Jay, disease and 3 others like this

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Shatterd Legion?
  • Pyroclast91 likes this

Armond

Armond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I like your execution on the Shields, consider it marked for use on my Black Consuls!!!  Well done!  Beautiful stuff!

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

Shatterd Legion?

Definitely an Iron Hand - but he'll see use as a particular HQ choice in regular 30k games :)

I like your execution on the Shields, consider it marked for use on my Black Consuls!!!  Well done!  Beautiful stuff!

Ha, that's funny. I was toying with the idea of these guys being one of the companies eventually joining the Black Consuls during the Second Founding.

• Armond likes this

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

II

Atrox

_______

Coriolan!

Hear me, brothers, for now do I swear that darkest and most fell of oaths. Now do I cast aside the bonds I have forged with my squad-brothers as a novitiate. Now do I forswear the ties of company and Chapter to join the brotherhood of dead men.

Vendarii!

Now do I accept the blackened raiment of my brotherhood, knowing full well that in death my geneseed shall perish with me, corrupted by the duty I alone must bear.

Chirisophus!

Now do I cast aside compassion, for the duty I bear allows none. I embrace the aspect of the reaper without qualm and take upon myself the charge to bear the most terrible weaponry in imagination against the foes of Man.

Atreion!

Now do I swear to leave no stone upon stone, to leave no living soul, no enemy drawing breath, in those places into which my brothers bring the justice of Imperial Truth, knowing full well that it is a duty that shall consume me as it does those who stand against me.

Hektor!

So do I embrace the mantle of the Destroyer and give myself wholly to the embodiment of warfare in its most terrible form.

Atrox!

So let it be until our weapons are spent and our foes lie burned and broken upon the field of Imperial victory. In the name of the Emperor, beloved by all, let us walk in the dark to serve the light.

-Oath of the Destroyer

P1020786_zpsgf3tkp6e.jpg

Brothers Coriolan, Vendarii, Chirisophus, Atreion and Brother-Sergeant Hektor, V Squad Atrox, III Destroyer Cadre

Edited by Brother-Captain Arkhan, 23 August 2015 - 01:29 PM.

• Brother Chaplain Kage, Kobrakei, ephrael and 9 others like this

Armond

Armond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Shatterd Legion?

Definitely an Iron Hand - but he'll see use as a particular HQ choice in regular 30k games :)

I like your execution on the Shields, consider it marked for use on my Black Consuls!!! Well done! Beautiful stuff!

Ha, that's funny. I was toying with the idea of these guys being one of the companies eventually joining the Black Consuls during the Second Founding.

Try if you want to find my Great Scouring thread in the Horus Heresy forums. You and I think alike!

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,594 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Iron Hand as Praevian with Cortex Controller?

Thes Ultramarines are superb and theback-story is amazing. I can't wait to see more

ETL 1v2

Kriegriss

Kriegriss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 510 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
beauty

Dange

Dange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
This is brilliant mate really great work .

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,587 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

Regardless of anything else, those Destroyers are wonderfully posed.  Not sure how wise exposed skin is around their weaponry, but that Scout Biker head with the massive rebreather is a cool bit addition.

The finished breachers look good, a formidable wall upon which the enemy shall break.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,563 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Whoa, hang on a sec. Does Atreion just have a face mask? That is hair I'm seeing on top of his head, right?

Can't wait to see these guys painted. Are you gonna grunge 'em up and/or give them a different scheme from the rest of the army?

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Those destroyers look great, can't wait to see them painted.

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

Iron Hand as Praevian with Cortex Controller?

Thes Ultramarines are superb and theback-story is amazing. I can't wait to see more

Dantay wins the prize! thumbsup.gif (Wasn't that hard a guess, I suppose :P ) Yep, that's exactly right. And I'll be using these guys to represent Castellax... Thoughts? The brown base trim will be repainted black to match the rest of the force, of course.

P1020626_zpsb6472bca.jpg

Regardless of anything else, those Destroyers are wonderfully posed.  Not sure how wise exposed skin is around their weaponry, but that Scout Biker head with the massive rebreather is a cool bit addition.

The finished breachers look good, a formidable wall upon which the enemy shall break.

Whoa, hang on a sec. Does Atreion just have a face mask? That is hair I'm seeing on top of his head, right?

Can't wait to see these guys painted. Are you gonna grunge 'em up and/or give them a different scheme from the rest of the army?

Cheers gents. Yes, I know...bare headed Marines around highly dangerous chem/rad weaponry is a recipe for disaster. I fully anticipated people to go blink.png when they saw it. However, I just thought it'd be a) more interesting than another fully helmed squad of Destroyers and b ) a chance to show - through pallid flesh tones and degraded rebreathers - the effects of rad-poisoning and the like on these guys. And yes, hair on that one Marine - again chosen more because I thought the head looked cool (and kind of fits Destroyers - maybe a Marine who's only recently taken the Oath?) than out of desire for realism.

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,594 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

They look cool, and nice use of the centurion kit.

When I saw the Iron Hand, my first thought was the story "Riven" I think. Where the Iron Hands were using forbidden tech to reanimate their brothers and contnue the fight against the traitors...

Edited by dantay_xv, 24 August 2015 - 11:46 AM.

ETL 1v2

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,223 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Do you mean thallax? As theyre really quite small for Castellax. Other than that, great paintjobs all around

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts

Do you mean thallax? As theyre really quite small for Castellax. Other than that, great paintjobs all around

Nope, I meant Castellax. Hmmm...Really too small? Damn. Might have to run him as a forge lord then.

Peredyne

Peredyne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,978 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws

I think the Castellax is on a 50mm base, the same as the Centurions. They should be close to the same size. I would let you run them as Castellax.

"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

gallery_219_3300_17308.gifgallery_219_3300_24332.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heresy, Ultramarines, Adeptus Mechanicus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users