A Lesser Son of Greater Fathers: Dabbling in Epic

All I can think of is 300.... Very characterful poses. Almost wish one was tapping his gladius against his shield!!!

i guess i should subscribe...

Will there be any guest appearances by disease?

More great work!

I've said it before but I am seriously digging the grittyness of them compared to some ultras you see.

And that apothecary is just fantastic, I'm not usually a fan of MK 7 chest pieces on heresy figures but it really works here!

Cheers lads :)

Got another update all ready to go, but the fluff is still being written, so...in the meantime, I want to play a game. *laughs*

This is an Ultramarine force...what's an Iron Hand (WIP) doing in it?? Answers on a bolt shell (inscribed).

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/IMAG1251_zpswm08ek1y.jpg

Shatterd Legion?

Definitely an Iron Hand - but he'll see use as a particular HQ choice in regular 30k games :)

I like your execution on the Shields, consider it marked for use on my Black Consuls!!!  Well done!  Beautiful stuff!

Ha, that's funny. I was toying with the idea of these guys being one of the companies eventually joining the Black Consuls during the Second Founding.

II

Atrox

_______

Coriolan!

Hear me, brothers, for now do I swear that darkest and most fell of oaths. Now do I cast aside the bonds I have forged with my squad-brothers as a novitiate. Now do I forswear the ties of company and Chapter to join the brotherhood of dead men.

Vendarii!

Now do I accept the blackened raiment of my brotherhood, knowing full well that in death my geneseed shall perish with me, corrupted by the duty I alone must bear.

Chirisophus!

Now do I cast aside compassion, for the duty I bear allows none. I embrace the aspect of the reaper without qualm and take upon myself the charge to bear the most terrible weaponry in imagination against the foes of Man.

Atreion!

Now do I swear to leave no stone upon stone, to leave no living soul, no enemy drawing breath, in those places into which my brothers bring the justice of Imperial Truth, knowing full well that it is a duty that shall consume me as it does those who stand against me.

Hektor!

So do I embrace the mantle of the Destroyer and give myself wholly to the embodiment of warfare in its most terrible form.

Atrox!

So let it be until our weapons are spent and our foes lie burned and broken upon the field of Imperial victory. In the name of the Emperor, beloved by all, let us walk in the dark to serve the light.

-Oath of the Destroyer

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/P1020786_zpsgf3tkp6e.jpg

Brothers Coriolan, Vendarii, Chirisophus, Atreion and Brother-Sergeant Hektor, V Squad Atrox, III Destroyer Cadre

Edited by Brother-Captain Arkhan

Shatterd Legion?

Definitely an Iron Hand - but he'll see use as a particular HQ choice in regular 30k games :)

I like your execution on the Shields, consider it marked for use on my Black Consuls!!! Well done! Beautiful stuff!

Ha, that's funny. I was toying with the idea of these guys being one of the companies eventually joining the Black Consuls during the Second Founding.

Try if you want to find my Great Scouring thread in the Horus Heresy forums. You and I think alike!

Regardless of anything else, those Destroyers are wonderfully posed.  Not sure how wise exposed skin is around their weaponry, but that Scout Biker head with the massive rebreather is a cool bit addition.

The finished breachers look good, a formidable wall upon which the enemy shall break.

Iron Hand as Praevian with Cortex Controller?

Thes Ultramarines are superb and theback-story is amazing. I can't wait to see more

Dantay wins the prize! :thumbsup: (Wasn't that hard a guess, I suppose :P ) Yep, that's exactly right. And I'll be using these guys to represent Castellax... Thoughts? The brown base trim will be repainted black to match the rest of the force, of course.

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/P1020626_zpsb6472bca.jpg

Regardless of anything else, those Destroyers are wonderfully posed.  Not sure how wise exposed skin is around their weaponry, but that Scout Biker head with the massive rebreather is a cool bit addition.

The finished breachers look good, a formidable wall upon which the enemy shall break.

Whoa, hang on a sec. Does Atreion just have a face mask? That is hair I'm seeing on top of his head, right?

Can't wait to see these guys painted. Are you gonna grunge 'em up and/or give them a different scheme from the rest of the army?

Cheers gents. Yes, I know...bare headed Marines around highly dangerous chem/rad weaponry is a recipe for disaster. I fully anticipated people to go :blink.: when they saw it. However, I just thought it'd be a) more interesting than another fully helmed squad of Destroyers and b ) a chance to show - through pallid flesh tones and degraded rebreathers - the effects of rad-poisoning and the like on these guys. And yes, hair on that one Marine - again chosen more because I thought the head looked cool (and kind of fits Destroyers - maybe a Marine who's only recently taken the Oath?) than out of desire for realism.

They look cool, and nice use of the centurion kit.

When I saw the Iron Hand, my first thought was the story "Riven" I think. Where the Iron Hands were using forbidden tech to reanimate their brothers and contnue the fight against the traitors...

Edited by dantay_xv