• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been working on some smaller mercantile ships that will most likely be released on a single sprue. Each craft is about 20mm long.

Curious to hear your feedback before shipping this one off for production.

(Novan Elites Panthera Heavy Frigate added for scale)
system13.jpg
system14.jpg
system15.jpg
system16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Browsed through NASA's database and found a relatively high-res asteroid, so I thought: lets try to make a Novan mining station. I imagine that most mining would be done on asteroids, basically strap a whole bunch of engines on them and then suck it dry.

c1ihmLl.jpg
Phe8N6u.jpg
URHDd83.jpg

I'm running into a couple of issues though:
1) NASA doesn't have many different high-res asteroids files, most are pretty low resolution and just look like blobs.
2) These will be pricy to produce since they are basically massive chunks of material that need to be printed, as solid models they'd also be rather heavy, unless you go for resin.
3) One of the fun things with asteroid stations and such is the modelling itself.

A sollution is to make a modelling kit. There are many ways you can make easy asteroids as seen

and
. But a small baggy of 'station bits' could really add a bit of character. So various thrusters, turrets, buildings/towers, landing bays, docking stations, etc.

Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Rampager Light Tank I've designed for Vanguard Miniatures is out!

Tainted Rampager Light Tanks - £10.00
P1050552ramp.jpg
25393978_10215750076093658_1044108762_n.
scale-shot-1.jpg

Each Rampager set consists of 4 x multi-part Rampager tank models.

Model diameter approx, 18mm.

25mm plastic bases not included.

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/tainted-rampager-light-tanks/

The Rampager looks cool, but how does the crew enter/exit the vehicle? Does an abominable (artificial) intelligence control it? A bound Daemon? Are the crewmen sealed within, doomed to wither away inside the Rampager if they don't die in battle?

I was thinking of various possibilities, either some sort of corrupted AI or some sort of biomechanical system, so basically (human) brains, nerves etc. plugged directly into the machine. Basically turning the whole vehicle into an armoured body. The hatches on the sides (on the sponsons) allow for mechanics and such to go inside the thing for repairs and what not.

New releases!

First up: Tainted Fighters!

Tainted Hecate Interceptor - £7.00
P1050616hecate.jpg
P1050617hecate.jpg

Tainted Hecate Interceptor

Manouverable and well armed, Tainted Interceptors are powered by nuclear cells, such that even in death their pilots may bring woe.

Sets contains 2 x Hecate Interceptors and 2 x plastic flight stands.

Length: 5.6cm

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/tainted-hecate-interceptor/

Tainted Charon Fighter - £7.00
P1050618charon.jpg
P1050619charon.jpg

Tainted Charon Ground Attack Fighter

A variant of the Hecate interceptor the Charon has been designed as a light ground attack aircraft capable of rapid response and with a surprising amount of firepower for it’s size.

Set contains 2 x Charon fighters and 2 x plastic flight bases.

Length: 5.6cm

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/tainted-charon-fighter/

• 2 months later...

So this just happened...

Novan Elites Spiculum Heavy Fighter - £7.00
P1050851spic2.jpg
P1050850spic1.jpg
P1050852spic3.jpg
P1050853spic4.jpg

The Spiculum like most Elites aircraft can function perfectly fine within the vacuum of space, but has been specifically optimised to operate in the ground support roll providing precision strike capability against enemy armoured targets and infantry concentrations.

Set contains:

2 x Spiculum heavy fighters

2 x rocket clusters

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/novan-elites-spiculum-heavy-fighter/

I find I'm usually struggling a little bit to find the right balance when trying to detail things while 3D modeling; I want the right amount of details but I don't want to overdo it and that's at 28mm heroic scale. I can only imagine how tricky it can be at epic scale.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not have both models of Terminators, those with direct fire missile launchers as well as those with indirect fire (elevated) launchers?

The thing is that for the 6mm models I won't wanna do a 10 man sprue, mainly because it would simply be copying the poses but then with the missile launchers at a different angle, you'd get a bit of an uncanny valley thing. Also, it would increase the production costs greatly.

However, in 3mm this might not be a far-fetched idea to do... :biggrin.:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Craig Fenion for the rendering!

ysJTCzK.jpg

No offence intended towards your friend, but why doesn't this ship have gun turrets to defend her underside? Void warfare is 3-dimensional, as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan demonstrates.

Rule of cool:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tM6Fa6vng_w/UlwV0BKU9OI/AAAAAAAAAJM/ctUSXdvg72s/s1600/Imperial+Guard.jpg

• 10 months later...