Crazywolf's WIP Thread for ETL IV

Fellow denizens of the Fang,

I have started (barely) to work on my first (and hopefully not only) oath for this year's ETL.

Here is a not so great pic that I have of my start.

DSC 2373 Web

My plans are to make the wolf guard on the left into a chainfist (magnetized) and then dress up the rest of these AoBR terminators to something recognizable as warriors of the Rout.

I have found a myriad of conversions covering what I need to do to make the chainfist, but most of them leave me wanting. The biggest problem that I am seeing is the length. What do you suggest the chainblade length should be?

Also, what do you think of shields across the backs of the TDA where the vents are located? Weapons on the outside of the left calf? Not for points or anything more than character.

And before I hear it, I do plan on drilling out the barrels.

From there it is just a matter of bits application and then a hefty dose of "make time to get things done".

I work the graveyard shift and a compressed schedule so I basically have maybe one night a week to work on things.

I will use this thread to try to keep myself on track for the project.

Your thoughts?

Crazywolf

New bits primed and the chainfist conversion are done. Barrels are now drilled. Hoping to glue everything and start painting by next weekend.

Ended up shortening the chainsword about 1/3 and mounting it so the blade was down when the knuckles are up on the fist.

Will post pics once everything is ready for paint.

Crazywolf

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, photos are done. I had a little mayhem getting this done since I went on a merry chase for supplies in the house, had to make my thinning solution (gave the last to a friend and forgot to replenish) and had to wait for the glue to completely set.

As it was I got started much later (or earlier depending on your view) on this than desired. I ended up with a case of crossed eyes and shaky hands (worse than normal) at the end. I know I missed some places in the base coat and will be finishing that and working on the rest of the base coats this coming weekend if life plays well with me. 

C&C are welcome.

Basecoated TDA 3

Basecoated TDA 2

Basecoated TDA 1

Basecoated TDA with Chainfist

• 4 weeks later...

Archived