Writ of the Battle-Kings: Ultramarines XVI Company

BFeeder

Very nice trio of minis there BFeeder. But for me the stand out has to the first one, your Centurion with the spear. For preference I would keep the helm on, suits the whole aspect.

While people are quite correctly pointing your lovely greenstuff skills on those Ultramarine symbols I think the big part that everyone is missing is the work you have done on the legs for your spear wielder. Stunning. Good luck in the future.

This guy looks great and the sculpted icons are superb, but do you plan on removing the XVI numerals and the Eye of Horus from the knee?

Thanks, I'm ever in awe of your superlative sculpting and modelling skills, so I appreciate your input. For the purposes of this miniature, the numerals represent his company, rather than his legion. I had considered changing it to 'XIII', but as it's so small, I didn't think I could pull it off and have it look reasonable. So I based my whole company around it instead(!) The Eye of Horus will be removed though. smile.png

Yeah, that's a good idea for the numerals, and they are quite small so trying to change it up would be difficult.

I can't deal with how awesome this thread is!
I really want a Daemarion of my own now. That pose together with that wargear makes the most menacing looking Ultramarine I've ever seen.

I've been trying to identify the parts and I got the head, the shield and the spear down, but I could use some help with the rest if you wouldn't mind helping a frater out :)

When will we see some paint in this thread?

Very nice trio of minis there BFeeder. But for me the stand out has to the first one, your Centurion with the spear. For preference I would keep the helm on, suits the whole aspect.

I actually magnetised the heads so I can switch them out smile.png. I was leaning slightly towards leaving the helm on permanently, but as none of my other commanders will be wearing helms (for various reasons). I felt the overall look would be a tad discordant for the force on the whole. So now I have the choice. :D

While people are quite correctly pointing your lovely greenstuff skills on those Ultramarine symbols I think the big part that everyone is missing is the work you have done on the legs for your spear wielder. Stunning. Good luck in the future.

Thank you. It was my first attempt at armour plating, so it was a long and frustrating process to get it looking 'right'. I went to all the trouble of sculpting little bits of detail around each leg, only for the shield and the cloak to cover most of it up tongue.png. In anycase, I'm glad you like it!

I can't deal with how awesome this thread is!

I really want a Daemarion of my own now. That pose together with that wargear makes the most menacing looking Ultramarine I've ever seen.

I've been trying to identify the parts and I got the head, the shield and the spear down, but I could use some help with the rest if you wouldn't mind helping a frater out smile.png

Thanks! The positive response has been pretty overwhelming!

I have included a complete run down of the parts below:

Hidden Content

Helmed head: Enkomi's from the Asterion Moloc and Ivanus Enkomi set.

Bare head: from the Salamanders Legion head upgrade set.

Body: from the Shadow Captain Korvydae kit.

Cloak: from from the Abaddon and Loken set.

Right arm: Enkomi's (but with the shoulder guard removed).

Right hand and spear shaft: from the plastic Grey Knights Strike Squad.

Left arm: from the Grey Knights Tank Commander kit, (I wanted consistency between the elbow guards and happened to have a spare set of the arms, but you could probably use any style of arm you wish).

Left hand and the shield: from the Phalanx Warders kit.

Shoulder guards: from the Imperial Fist Command Squad.

Spear's blade and boss: Moloc and Enkomi kit.

Backpack: Standard MKIV backpack.

When will we see some paint in this thread?

Not anytime soon unfortunately. The last time I painted something was for Golden Daemon back in 2013, so I'm looking to practice my painting on other things before I touch these guys. I will get there though, it just might take a while. smile.png

Thanks for the kind words guys smile.png. Just a small update today, I've started work on some tactical veterans.

++Waiting++

gallery_74605_9520_346631.jpg

++Operation break++

gallery_74605_9520_513809.jpg

++Operation complete++

Both miniatures are about 85% done. They just need tabards and/or or pteurges alongside some other tweaks, as befitting their status. The Vexilliarius was originally intended to be my company standard, but I've since decided I'd like to do a great big company banner instead, so he's been demoted sleep.png.

I'll be heading down to Forgeworld's Open Day on Sunday, so I'm planning to get a couple more additions to the army. I'd love to get my hands on the Suzerain sculpts in particular, but I've also got some ideas for a larger miniature or two that I would like to implement.

Thanks for looking smile.png.

• 1 year later...

Archived