Daemons ongoing projects - Back to the Mechanicus

+++ Glory to the Dues Mechanicus +++

18425662750_880c39fc41_z_d.jpg18425585008_71c4435b4c_z_d.jpg
Arch Magos Prime, Cult Lachrimallus
17990672404_25100b3596_m_d.jpg
Cyber familia

I have been playing with this kit the last few days, kept adding stuff till I arrived with the above. Reading Extermination, I like the sound of the Lachrimallus cult, the ones who look after the workers. Tech Thralls, Servitors, indentured workers, the Lachrimallus are their overlords, a dirty job, but vital to the running of any forge world, I would like to build a team around him, bodyguards, and biomass hunters (I.e. Slavers), I also have 8 Thallax and a Castllax to paint, and a some other FW resin and GW plastic to turn into stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I'm rather proud of him.

Rather enjoying the Mechanicum at the mo. This next guy was to be a Mechanicum assassin, based off the Malagra cult in the HH stuff. Not 100 percent sure at the moment, sort of wondering if I should swap he weapons out for a lightening gun, maybe an interesting Thallax alternative.

18916926502_6d529c4c09_z_d.jpg

Love the Arch-Magos conversion!  Really creepy and spindly looking.  That Ruststalker re-pose is pretty sweet, too.  You could almost use it as a stand-in AdMech "Eversor" or something if you wanted.  Looking forward to a coat of paint on these!  :happy.:

Thanks, I think I prefer the Ruststalker with less spread legs, also makes them fairly large. I'm experimenting with splicing the bottoms part of the legs with Skitiarri upper legs..

Have also been working on this fella, needs some go and detailing (and cables, lots of cables). I want to try and source lots more cyber skulls,methinks get of making them swarming around him, like they live on him. I think he would make a good Magos Dominus of the Legio Cybernetica.

18934904391_b33483401d_z_d.jpg

• 2 months later...

Having finally found some focus with my army I've looked back over these Mechanicus models, which will become an Inq28 project. The idea is here I will explore a more artistic project compared to my Death Guard army where I'm hoping to build up a playable force.

A little background, wel more of a summary of ideas. I am planning a Magos on a fringe world of the imperium, a hive world, with extensive rad wastes rich with potential salvage. The Magos is a central figure on the planet, being a high level representitive of the Adaptus Mechanicus, however he can only achieve so much in an official category. So he has several bands working for him, for varying reasons, who often compete for his favour. For now, it's these bands I plan to work on. In the future I will like to expand to include other factions, such as Inquisitors, the Ecclesiarchy, and onto Chaos factions and xenos (although the Xenos won't be posted here).

To begin, or, to restart, the leader of the first band. An excommunicated Skitarri Prime turned tech hunter/ muscle/ assassin. He works for the Magos in the hope he can be pardoned by the Mechanicus. He is fiercely loyal to the Magos, believing him to effectively be the voice of the Omnissiah, an effect of his neural programming that ties him to the Mechanicus. He leads a small band made up of an ancient tech priest, a Mech assassin, and a couple of tech thralls, who are in varying stages of being built.

http://i.imgur.com/i53tBdI.jpg

Thanks Fire Golem.

Some Wip photos

A venerable gun servitor. The idea is that bio remains is being suspended above the legs. He has a volkite so I imagine the body belonged to a magos alive during the great crusade, serving the Omnisiah even in death.

20855504368_3f1e0b95e9_z_d.jpg

Next is an old tech priest, hailing from the edges of the imperium he has clearly given his body over to the Omnisiah the best he can. I'm not sure by the servo arm, I wanted something to add weight to his back but I'm not sure if it's to much. If I keep it I'll work on it to make it look like its fused to his back. I also need to do some gs around the head.

20855296150_65deb68617_z_d.jpg

The gang together with the big walker who has had a few additions, but still needs a lot of work.

21033427422_bc98223124_z_d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So for the rather long post here, a weeks work slowly coming to fruition.

Mechanicus

I found this little piece in my bits box, and thought it would look really nice on the Prime. It gives him a sort of saintly vibe

http://i.imgur.com/68avBzI.jpg

Thinking on he Primes background I was thinking that his exploits will have started to attract a following from those on the fringe of the Mechanicus organisation, with some starting to see him as a prophet of the Omnisiah. The Prime doest believe this himself, at this point, and the hierarchy of the Mechanicus haven’t taken notice, yet!

I have a few models in various stages for the Primes little group, the next chap is the most complete and the one I’m not really sure on. The idea was to have a model recruited by the Prime and made to look like a standard Skitarri. I sort of imagine he has been doing this for a while and is unconsciously building an army.

http://i.imgur.com/Wth3yWS.jpg

I like the base of the model but I feel its just needs some more work. Firstly a hood and maybe some work on the ,ask to make it look more like a conventional gas mask. I’m thinking of removing the Mechanicus symbol and making the chest look more like Imperial Guard armour. I am also thinking or returning one of his legs to the original Skitarri. Lastly I want to remove the fuel tank from the flamer and give him one on the back, and add a tube connecting it to the gun.

Ordo Hereticus

Changing focus slightly I found my old Inquisitor and decided to finally finish him. I wanted an old veteran inquisitor, but one who still burned with zeal.

http://i.imgur.com/9jmnAXt.jpg

Unfortunately I have lost the pics of how he looked before, the most notable change is the right arm. He had a (homemade) bionic arm holding a cane. I never really liked it, and I tried replacing it with bionics from the Mechanicus kits but I just felt I was overusing that look, so I replaced it with a solar Auxilia arm and a boltgun. The next thing I think is to add cape which will help balance the model.

Lastly, a men-at-arm and his faithful hound. They have been serving the Inquisitor for years, then Men-at-arm being a former Guardsmen and extremely devout.

http://i.imgur.com/xJzusrd.jpg

Both models need cleaning up and little details added. Since the picture was taken I slightly changed the pose of the soldier giving him some movement. I am tempted to add a small shield to the armour which I can add some devotional art.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, glad you liking this.

A little more work on the Man at arms and his hunting dog. Slightly tweaked the pose and filled out the top of his armour.

http://i.imgur.com/mNPmZ4X.jpg

Next member of the Inquisitors group, a priest. Due to undercoating most of the model brown I've found it hard to get a good pic to show what's going on. He blinded himself after he started to receive visions from the emperor. I decided to stay away from any real weapon other then a spikey walking stick. His visions are like divination, and as far the Inwuisitor can tell are not the he result of latent psychic ability. My Inquisitor will be of the Thorian school, taking particular interest in those whom the Emperor bless's

http://i.imgur.com/cC8lg4A.jpg

On my work bench I have my latest attempt at a true scale marine, but it has a twist. Something I've wanted to do in a while. It's slowly coming together but I may hold him back as he is going to be a key part of my plans going forward. While I haven't written any solid background yet I am trying to bull and overall arc with my models, starting with a Magos who believe she has uncovered the location of an artefact wielded but the Emperor(or Omnisiah as he would see it) himself, and then the first of 3 Inquisitors, who is searching for a way to bring the Emperor back to psychical form. I'll be moving on with a twist of this theme.

Ive been playing with the tech priest, think I found a better option then the massive servo arm. I want to add a drill to the arm without anything, any suggestions on where o could find a suitable bit would be appreciated. I'm thinking of adding a little more in the way of cables just to give it that Mechanicus look.

21444813568_7d02d4e7db_z_d.jpg

Try a small screw with the head removed for a drill.

Genius! When I get home I'm going to have to get my tool box out.

Man this is so much awesome in one thread. That arch magos is dripping with a creepy Blanchesque vibe that helped me fall in love with the grim dark of 40k. Keep up the great work! :wink:

Thanks a lot, Blanches artwork is high up on my inspiration list so I'm glad the Magos gives off that vibe. I really need to paint him!

Archived