Daemons ongoing projects - Back to the Mechanicus

Wow you got a ton of great stuff here mate :) quite amusing that we've both had quite similar ideas for the magos :) Seen mine?

Yeah I saw yours over on the ammobunker. I think I prefer what you did, looks a lot more creepy but isn't so massive as mine.

Thanks Luna707.

So next random model. Truescale marine. Not quite finished yet, just need to add some detail but I wanted to get opinions. If you've read Pariah you'll understand where I got the inspiration. If you haven't, he is an Alpha Legionnaire, usually he would be hidden under the tattered cloth that covers him, the power armour hidden, his bulk would keep most away, he would move through hive slums amongst large 'twists and other genetic mistakes. In order to reveal his true nature I decided to have him draw the power sword so I could reveal enough of the armour to show he was an Astartes. The plan is that he will be a part member of a radical Xanthain Inquisitor.

21516992980_759580d34e_z_d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Teetengee.

Ok a few more builds, I really need to start painting some of this stuff! Sorry for the crap pics, had to do my best with the light I had.

21978151315_596f1b4d96_z_d.jpg

I really love the wraith model, this is the second time I've used it as a base for something. Im not sure about the hand with the gun, I just couldn't find anything else that fitted the model. I know it's hard to see, I had to adjust the light balance on the photo, but I used one of the original wraith heads, just removed the lower jaw and created a bionic eye.

I've been thinking about doing more Chaos stuff, possibly even Chaos Guard. I love the FW militia kit so I'll definitely play with those but I thought about adding a more elite element to. Here's my attempt to chaos up a Scion. Hopefully you can make out what I've don on the helm.

21357042703_ce98c49d2f_z_d.jpg

Thanks for the likes. I've been working on some chaos stuff but I don't feel it's quite ready to show and I really want to get the Inquisitor and his band finished so I can start painting them. I didn't really like the blind priest to much, and I started working on a replacement, he's more or a cultist (or the Empwror worshiping kind) and airlines not ready to show. But I had a brainwave on the wraith conversion, I've made him into a Shrine attendant. I am trying to make some cherubs out of GS to finish this model off, one holding candles, the other with some incense.

21520772644_b3f6f4f297_z_d.jpg

Finally finished my Inquisitor, not compleatly happy with the cape but it's the best out of several attempts.

22199549328_16a23e3dc8_z_d.jpg21764180044_af21d46b61_z_d.jpg

I gave up trying to GS cupids, I could probably have nailed it with a little practice but I was getting fed up, so I added a censor to give him a more religious vibe.

22199276750_728ea88520_z_d.jpg

To replace the priest I worked up this zealot. He hates mutants despite being rather malshapen himself. I thought the weapon would make a good blunderbuss, which would probably take a while to reload so he's added the flamer. His other hand holds a knife, more for slitting the throats of wounded then real close combat fighting.

21764504664_f8a72f9148_z_d.jpg

To finish the group off an young witch hunter, whose learning under the Inquisitor.

22199217108_2249bbf51a_z_d.jpg

And the group together, taken me a long time to get it to a point I'm happy, next job is painting.

22361292056_23aeb099d2_z_d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. After some feedback from the ammobunker I decided to redo the fur on the inquisitors cloak.

22863223921_199eb6efd2_z_d.jpg

I think this looks a lot better. I just need to get some liquid GS to tidy up the fabric areas. Then I'll give each model a once over to make sure I'm compleatly happy and then painting can begin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys, its been a while but I finally put paint to model. They are all still WIP but in different stages of completeness.

24099652732_c7e84c0973_z_d.jpg24125109421_25914b26f1_z_d.jpg

The young interrogator and the cyber hound are the most complete, just need a little tidying up and some details done. I need to redo the Interrigator hilt and the little broach, both look a bit flat at the moment, and maybe a highlight on the red sash. I was going to give another highlight yo the jacket but I'm not sure now.

23579500654_611705035b_z_d.jpg

Not so much done on the inquisitor, but I like the way this pic has come out! I'm going to use it as a guide to highlight his armour from black up to a shine.

I'm really enjoying painting these guys but I'm also itching to get building more models!

Some great stuff in here, for cherubs you get a small ammo holding cherub in the new Devastator kit. Might be worth checking bits sites for a couple to convert? Looking forward to seeing these guys all finished. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Biohazard, I'll keep an eye out for them.

Have managed a little more painting but nothing worth posting. I'm actually thinking of rebasing the models, building something more interesting then just cork. I'll probally build an paint seperate then attach the models after.

I have be doing some building though. Got quite a few Mechanicum models in various states, and a few truescale marines, mostly heresy era which I've posted in the Age of Darkness. I did find this guy in my bits box and decided to finish him off. I built him to be an Arch-Demagogue in a Renegade Command Squad, with the Covenant of Khorne and Bloody-handed Reaver upgrades. The idea I had was a fallen Scion, turned chaos raider whose continued strength and success had seen him build an army around him. I didn't want him to look like he obviously devoted to Khorne but more like he was a brutal soildier, which I think comes across.

24315336340_567787d65d_z_d.jpg23982751314_8aa1d3d85c_z_d.jpg

I haven't quite decided how I'm going to go forward, I would still like to do the Renegade and Heritic army but I might start by doing a small warband with a few concepts of the units I would like in the army (Disciples, Blood Slaughters, infantry and vets, mutants, spawn, Ogryn, lust goes on!) and try to build his command squad as well.

Thoughts, ideas, and criticism always welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived