Chronicles of the Venak’tor Nox

Trysanna

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ChroniclesoftheVenaktorNox.jpg

Forces of the Venak'Tor Nox

The Flayers Court

Tor'veck the Reaver, Iron Warlord
Terminator Lord, master of the Night Lords warband and daemon forge Kalixus. Ancient and jaded, he wields the warband as an iron fist, preferring overwhelming short ranged firepower to the sadistic teaching of his gene father. While many traitors have become too pretty and blinded by personal greed in his eyes, Tor'vecks ultimate goal is still the destruction of the Imperium, a goal that has allowed the Warband to work closely with Abaddon's own Black Legion in recent centuries. 

The Doom Wall
Tor'vecks personal retinue of heavily armoured Terminators specialized for close combat. Each warrior is heavily augmented,replacing broken limbs with bionics until little is left of their flesh. In battle, they use massive tower shields to block and shrug off enemy attacks, unleashing their savagery once they have closed in, slaughtering their foes with mace and axe. 

The Crimson Court
A small but growing coven of sorcerers and acolytes, led by Korvel, traitor-kin of the Word Bearers. While the most devoted of the War God see the coven as a dishonor to the warband, most view it as a necessity, unwilling to let such a potent weapon remain unused in the Long War. 

Iron Mandible VIII-II.I.VI-
A collection of master artificers and forge lords, gathered from various allied forces. Tech heretics and Warsmiths craft weapons and armour, or assist in the construction of daemon engines. Any soldiers in the warband with an affinity for the machine may find themselves invited into the Mandible to learn the art of the forges. Siege Lord Morgoth oversees their projects and experiments, eager to unleash some new hellish machine upon the eternal battlefields. 

First Claw - 
Chaos Terminators. The Warbands elite warriors, clad in the highly prized cataphractii armour. Upon donning the armour and binding with the suits daemonic machine spirit, their mind is assailed by the vicious entity, ending in a sinister symbiosis or agonizing death. Those that survive are forever bonded with the suit. Their mind becomes one with the machine spirit, creating a vicious, inhuman monster of ceramite and steel.

The Iron Core

Second Claw - Hounds of Kalixus
Khorne Berzerkers. With the coming of the Black Legion, the Venak’Tor Nox was gifted with the knowledge to create and implant the dreaded Butchers Nails. Some Astartes choose to give themselves to the apothecary Doshan to become one with the War God, while others are given no other choice. In either case, the implantation of the hate machine soon erodes much of the personality and mind of the warrior, turning them into an unstable killing machine whose wrath is directed by Slaughter Lord Urik. 

Third Claw - The Troopers
Chaos Space Marines. One of the Warbands most reliable squads, Second Claw has served with pride across many fronts, led to war by the former World Eater Silic’eth. Under his command, the Claw has become a singular unit, motivated by honor and dedication to one another, a rare sight among the traitors legions. 

Fourth Claw - Shades of Nostramo 
Chaos Space Marines. While many of the Warbands number has taken to the methods exemplified by Tor'veck, some keep close the ways of war taught by the Night Haunter. Striking from shadows with flayers knives, Fourth Claw has earned a reputation for wanton sadism, even upon the mortal elements of the Warband. 

Fifth Claw - Khornes Teeth
Chaos Havocs. Specializing in the heaviest weaponry the Warband has access to, Fifth Claw has earned a reputation for wanton destruction. Their aim may be true during an engagement, disabling and crippling Titans and tanks alike, but they are ever eager to turn their guns upon the bastions and idols of whatever world they have set foot upon. 

The Carrion Claws

First Talon - 
Raptors. 

Second Talon - 
Chaos Bike Squad. 

The Midnight Forge 

Maulerfiend 

Maulerfiend

Forgefiend

Helldrake 

The Restless Dead

Ancient Augustus 
Contemptor. 

Dark Apostle Venathar, the Dying Star
Chaos Helbrute. Once a lauded and praised champion of the Word Bearers, Venathar now serves the warband as little more than a slave. His body, now mutated and warped, is pumped with maddening stimulants and drugs, keeping him in a half dream state. To Venathar, he is reliving the Heresy wars, fighting and inspiring his Battle Brothers on the soil of Terra. He is a beacon the some mortal elements of the warband, who have formed a growing cult of worshipper, a troubling development to the Flayers Court. 

Jorhal the reforged
Chaos Dreadnought. Once a esteemed tactical advisor, Jorhal fell during the Ascension wars, holding the final gate to the Titan Forge's on Kalixus. While his body was broken, his mind was still of use to the Warband. He was entombed with a sarcophagus and slept for a thousand years. Now the warband calls him to battle once more, and he shall not be found wanting. 

Slaves to Darkness

Sisters of Slaughter 

Cult of the dying star

The Nightborne

Steeds of the Apocalypse

Chaos Land Raider - First Claw

Chaos Rhino - Second Claw

Chaos Rhino - Third Claw

Chaos Rhino - Fourth Claw 

Allies of the Long War

Serpents Spite - Alpha Legion
Chaos Havocs. Seconded to the Warband during the Ascension wars, these solemn and secluded warriors have earned the respect, if not trust, of Tor'veck and his warriors. They are still viewed with suspicion, their ways of secrecy and deceit at odds with most of the Warband. 

Pestilent Wardens - Death Guard
Plague Marines. Mercenaries seconded to the warband from a formidable Death Guard fleet in exchange for the right to purchase and trade within Kalixus. They have become a trusted unit within the warband, steadfast and stubborn in battle, yet quiet as the grave. They rarely speak, although many have heard the deep, rumbling laughter across vox channels, amidst the buzzing of static. 

The choir of ecstasy - Emperors Children
Noise Marines. 

Heirs of Olympia - Iron Warriors
Obliterators. Siege Lords Morgoths brothers, once honoured as his personal retinue when he was first seconded to the Night Lords. Prideful veterans of the Heresy, each fell to the Obliterator virus during the Ascension Wars, though it is rumored that this was not an unfavourable development to the Siege Lord. 

Knightly Households 

The Court of House Malinax
3 Knight Titans. A recent addition to the Warbands forces, the three knights and their entourage are a small contingent of forces, honouring a blood debt to the warband. Now at the dawn of the 13th Black Crusade, the cone to fulfill their oaths.

Mistress Vassit, last heir of House Patraxi
Freeblade Knight. While the exact origins of this Freeblade are a mystery to all but the highest of the Flayers Court, she has served alongside the warband since it's earliest days, proving herself a stalwart and reliable ally. Mistress Vassit speaks with an authority and command only reinforced by her close relationship to Tor'veck. 

+INLOAD+

CHRONICLE #24267

USER: ASHAI

CATEGORY: PERSONAL

+BEGIN CHRONICLE+

+The bones of the ship groan around me. I watch the stars drift as we begin moving, pulling away from Kalixus, our wounds healed and weapons restored. 3rd Claw has been reforged in blood and honour, lead by Silic’eth, formerly of the XIIth. There are whispers of doubt. Some feel that he is impure, while others question his loyalties. I suspect many are already working against him, and Silic’eth may have to prove himself many times over before he gains the respect he deserves.

We are joined by many of our sister ships. The vox crackles and voices spill from it. I hear Tor’vek greeting our brothers, telling them of the Crusade to come. He speaks of the Warmaster and the Long War, promising glories and blood, honour and skulls.

Verrek hums softly nearby. It eases the hate machines spite, he tells me when I ask. Our fleet lights up the void. Light crackles, and reality is ripped apart. Pain blossoms behind my eyes and in my skull. The glass is slowly hidden behind thick metal plates, hiding the pain light spilling from the wound in space. I watch until the very last, seeing our ships sail into madness.

We are entering the Warp. Towards another battle. The Long War continues.+

+END CHRONICLE+

Hey folks,

Bit of a lurker here, but I've decided it was time to step into the light and share my own Night Lords Warband that I've currently got in the works. I've got quite a few ideas in mind for this project, such as the Chronicle above. My plan is to form a narrative from the view point of a historian/record keeper/counselor, and a few other INQ28 style characters. 

I'm still working on the Chronicle entry concerning 3rd claw, along with most of the squad, but here are the first 2 members. 

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/027.jpg

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/028.jpg

More to follow soon! 

Thanks for the kind words. I've been on a bit of a building spree the past few evenings, and I'd like to share. First up is the Champion of a Khorne themed unit. I'm quite unsure what they are game wise, perhaps 'Zerkers or Chaos Marines kitted out for melee.

med_gallery_60514_11008_582546.jpg

And second is a Knight Titan pilot. While the Knight is a ways off on my list, I wanted to get started on some INQ28 style minis.

gallery_60514_11008_25360.jpg

@Augustus
Glad you like the bat! I've always like the idea of animal companions for Chaos Marines, and the little guy was so fitting! As for the Legion symbol placement, some of the Warband don't stick to the old way of doing things. I'll try to expand on that a little with later chronicles.

Dude, I've got to say. That Knight Pilot is absolutely gorgeous and frankly one of the coolest models, to me, that I've seen in a VERY long time. 

She is a real macabre beauty there. If I may ask, where did that servoskull head come from?

Wow, thank you all very much for the replies. Here you go Augustus, Noctis, Teentegee. Most of her comes from one of the Vampires from the Coven Throne kit, the one in the middle. The sword is from the Chaos Sorcerer, and the head is the floating servo skull from the recent Dominus. She might be my most in depth conversion to date, and here's a shot of her back, from an earlier stage, in case anyone's curious.

med_gallery_60514_11008_1102830.jpg

Replies!

@Noctis

Thanks, that means quite a bit coming from you. Your little Word Bearer project has been quite an inspiration for my Khornate unit. I was actually having trouble picking a head for her. But when in doubt, just add skulls I suppose.

@Augustus

Thank you once again. I'm very pleased you like her, although I don't feel worthy of such high praise!

@Psycho

I'm actually happy you recall that! I've been giving a bit of thought to how I want them to look, so perhaps more concept sketches are in order. Short answer: Heck yeah!

Since everyone is so taken with the pilot, I've got a little update on her. For her color scheme, I wanted to go with something Forge World related, as her house has very strong ties with a few members of the Dark Mechanicum. I went with the classic red, black and brass, and I'm pretty pleased with the result.

med_gallery_60514_11008_926660.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks again for all the replies everyone. I was hoping to get some hobby time in yesterday to finish my macabre beauty, as Noctus put it, but instead spent the day getting a new pair of glasses, and the evening with too much of an eye ache to do much. Here's where she stands as of this morning.

med_gallery_60514_11008_1512353.jpg

As you can see, not too much left to do. The biggest thing left is to find her a name, and flesh out her character a bit for a Chronicle. I've also been working on the Dominus, who will be the acting Forge Lord in charge on maintaining her Knight, as well as working with the Night Lords.

med_gallery_60514_11008_658530.jpg

As always, let me know what you think.

Replies!

@Noctus

It's a lovely model, everything I ever wanted from the Mechanicum. I'd love to see your take on it!

@Teetengee

Not a bad idea, although I did have this crazy thought to convert the 4 from Execution Force and Chaos-ify them.

@Augustus

Oh yes, she will most certainly be partaking in some Night Lord themed fun. I'll see if I can arrange a play date, but only if you promise to be nice. tongue.png

@Wilhel

Cheers! I'm hoping to get some more characters together soon, in the form of a entourage for the lady above.

@Pearson73

Thanks!

Updates!

So, with a little bit of time from a few early days at work, I've managed to finish the Knight Pilot. Here she is in all her glory.

med_gallery_60514_11008_370316.jpg

Better photos await, but I was to proud not to show her off a little. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with her outcome, and I'm very excited to do more INQ28 style minis. Along with her, I've also put a bit more time into my Khorne unit, mostly inspired by Augustus and his giant metal scorpion of blood and death.

med_gallery_60514_11008_1467478.jpg

What's this? Some Khorne worshiping Marines? In a Night Lords Warband? Heresy! Well, not quite. While they most certainly are aligned with Khorne, these warriors will never bend the knee. Khrone is the warrior supreme, an ideal to strive for, but not to worship.

All 3 are a combination of the Raptor kit and some FW World Eater upgrades. I like where the unit is going, and these chainswords are the best. I love how spiteful and viscous they are. I've got another 2 legs in the works, but I'd like to get the unit up to 8 members. They will be joined by a character very close to my heart, who's still in progress.

med_gallery_60514_11008_592321.jpg

I had the courage to cut him apart and repose him. I'm not sold on the stock running pose, as it feels to clumsy and awkward to me. As for his head, I'm going to add a crest from the MK 2 Command set to his FW helm, and paint it in classic World Eater white and blue, while his armour will be red and brass.

I've also been working on a single mini just for kicks, inspired by Flints recent works of the Imperial Fist variety. Behold, the Templar!

med_gallery_60514_11008_303049.jpg

He's not quite done yet, but I'm moving at a good pace. Question for those familiar with the Templars and/or Fists, what can I put on his other pauldron? I've seen that a lot of people simply put another Templar cross, but that feels boring to me. Any thoughts and ideas are most welcome.

All quiet on the Nostroman front, it seems! 

I've already shown 2 members of 3rd Claw, but today I've got some lovely photos of the remaining members. I'm still trying to finish their chronicle, with Flints help, but I figured I'd show a little of what went into them. Music is such a huge part of my inspiration and hobbying process, and I want to make a habit of sharing that. Each squad, and certain individuals, will have a theme of sorts, a song that they were based off of or something that fits their character. 

3rd Claw - The Troopers

With this squad, it was The Trooper by The Protomen. I love the fast pace of the song, the lyrics and the vocals. It set my mood to a desperate band of soldiers, fighting amidst a chaotic war zone, which is where the squad began to take shape. While the Night Lords live for terror and fear, I wanted this squad, these troopers, to show a different aspect. They are, for Night Lords anyway, a group of well trained and efficient soldiers. While on the field of war, they put aside all grudges and lies. Instead, they choose to act as a squad, becoming more than the sum of their parts. It's a reflection of what might have been, or what once was. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AniH_l_ViTE

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/033.jpg

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/034.jpg

Since this photo was taken, the whole squad has been primed and is ready for paint whenever I finish that Templar/Dominus, which will hopefully be later today. Let me know what you think! 

First off, my apologies for not commenting or liking the post before your last one. Especially since you did a shout-out on my scorpion! I also cannot believe no-one else commented, because those raptor-leg-sporting Night Lords Khorne Berzerkers are absolutely lovely and inspired. I will steal that idea, as I'm quickly running out of running legs for them. Man, there's so much awesomeness in just two posts....

Reposing FW's Khârn miniature is a stroke of genius. Genius I tell you! And an excellent job you did with it too. That idea I will steal as well. You're keeping me busy.  

As for the pilot, I seriously think she is schmexy, especially now that her elongated, unnatural neck has become more apparent. Yes, I'm serious and no, please don;t get me wrong, this is not a passive aggressive way of saying: "her neck looks too long". I'm convinced you did this on purpose to make her look even more creepy and beguiling than she already is - and I think you succeeded wonderfully. 

The Templar is cool (I'm kindasorta wanting to do some Templar/IF for a while now...). Please do some more.

Then on to the second post. Your claw looks great. I love the added GS trim you did, especially on the corvus helmet. I love the mix of parts you did, and will steal the idea of cutting the horns off of the raptor bare head, like the lower left-most guy. Also, which pads are the corvus helmetted guy and the let middle guy in the bottom row sporting on their right shoulders? I don't recognize them.

Please continue this, Tarvick. :tu:

Thanks Augustus! I was really taken with your Scorpion and just had to go on a khorne binge. You're welcome to steal the idea, as I stole it from Noctis! Khârn now had his head and crest, and I'll try to grab a quick photo tonight.

I'm glad you're so taken with the pilot! I went through quite a few heads before I finally decided on the skull, and even then getting it to look 'right' was a labour of love.

3rd claw is a mishmash of tactical marines, chaos marines, Zerkers and some other bitz i had lying around. The two shoulders you're looking at are actually from the Khârn kit, as I got a spare set due to a miscast.

Thanks Cypher. I was afraid Khârns pose would look w little off, but you and Agustus seem to like him!

Archived