Dreadnought (190)

Replace Heavy Bolter w/DreadCCW

2x Graviton Guns

Drop Pod

Heavy Support: [520]

Kharibdyss

Kharibdyss

Tactics:

The idea behind this army is that I have "silver bullets" to eliminate specific targets or incapacitate them asap. I have 1 main drop pod I'll always drop first (the one with 15 marines/Chaplain in the kharibdyss)

So, first turn I drop 1 Kharibdyss and then 2 other of the silver bullets I need most. Anti-infantry? Drop the praetor with his Kharibdyss and the Flamer support squad. Anti-tank? 2 Dreadnoughts with Grav guns. Anti-terminators? The dreadnought with the Plasma Blasters.

I'm going to have to do playtest games to figure out if this thing even works, especially with such a low model count. One thing I like is that although the Kharibdysses take up 1/4 of my points, they can deploy huge squads and also can be FLYERS with some great light anti-armor work. 

Part of the strategy behind the list is the fact that units in HH don't have to leave their drop pods, thus giving my dreadnoughts and Support units (if they choose to stay put instead of going out to beat heads in CC) what amounts to basically 3 Void shields from the Drop Pods. Would love to hear your thoughts!

One other permutation of the list comes to mind: Replace the Praetor, Dreadnought, and remove a couple upgrades in exchange for Angron. Angron in a deployment zone turn 1, charging turn 2, could wreak a lot of havoc especially with multi charges. 

Forgive me if i am wrong but i thought it was only the dreadclaw, kybardis and lucius (dreadnought) drop pods that allow units to stay in. The vanilla pods act as in 40k.

AFAIK, all pods in 30k Let you stay inside.

Forgive me if i am wrong but i thought it was only the dreadclaw, kybardis and lucius (dreadnought) drop pods that allow units to stay in. The vanilla pods act as in 40k.

AFAIK, all pods in 30k Let you stay inside.

Nice

Archived