paulJams Space Hulk and HHB@C and Epic WIP

paulJam

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding your epic terrain, one thing I'm planning on doing is 3D printing the SimCity tabletop models. As seen in a blurry photo here.

They come out to about 40mm x 40mm squared on the bottom. I'm cutting sheet magnets to fit them. Then those can be put onto metal sheets that act as the basic outlines for city layouts. Work up some road and path options, put in some buildings and there we go! Scale isn't terrible. Blocks LOS for most units. The titans tower over things appropriately, etc.

Also thanks for the Fellblade proxy. I look forward to printing it. Don't forget to try running it through Netfabb to see if that repairs things on the general STL.

Regarding your epic terrain, one thing I'm planning on doing is 3D printing the SimCity tabletop models. As seen in a blurry photo here.

They come out to about 40mm x 40mm squared on the bottom. I'm cutting sheet magnets to fit them. Then those can be put onto metal sheets that act as the basic outlines for city layouts. Work up some road and path options, put in some buildings and there we go! Scale isn't terrible. Blocks LOS for most units. The titans tower over things appropriately, etc.

nice idea there. i'm guessing you are printing the structures up as hollow shells?

the magnetic idea is nice, my fat fingers bump terrain pieces around disgracefully but magnets would reduce that. 

hope to see you're project as it grows! be sure to keep us updated.

Also thanks for the Fellblade proxy. I look forward to printing it. Don't forget to try running it through Netfabb to see if that repairs things on the general STL.

no problem. i love making things, real or virtual.    nice work with the russ turrets btw.

i wanted to bang out the landspeeder first but am also working on some eldar tanks. i need a proxy army to practice against that isn't marines.... like on here, lots of marines, not much else   :)

not that it's overly obvious, but the 'tracks' on the fellblade stls are slightly narrower than the one on the model i printed. they were just a fraction to wide. the beauty of 3d stuff is you can scale and modify at will, it's brilliant!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...