paulJams Space Hulk and HHB@C and Epic WIP

paulJam

• 1 month later...

Ever think about scaling Space Hulk down to 6mm?

Oh great! project 17 !

:)

Actually no, space hulk is one of the formats where i get to push my 28mm models around. Not a fan of regular tabletop anymore.

I have seen pics of a pocket/travel space hulk (and 40 tabletop) which looked a bit fiddly to play if anything (all magnetized if i recall correctly). Epic is ok because the 6mm dudes are on larger stands, so less precision required for clumsy fingers.

If you're interested in making a 6mm version id be happy to throw ideas or 3d models or prints around with you. Just because it 'isnt me' doesn't make it a bad idea and id be happy to help if i can.

There are definitely 3d models for termis and genestealers though at 6mm you'd need an expensive printer to make them better than just a plastic blob.

15mm?

Edited by paulJam

Ever think about scaling Space Hulk down to 6mm?

Oh great! project 17 !

:smile.:

Actually no, space hulk is one of the formats where i get to push my 28mm models around. Not a fan of regular tabletop anymore.

I have seen pics of a pocket/travel space hulk (and 40 tabletop) which looked a bit fiddly to play if anything (all magnetized if i recall correctly). Epic is ok because the 6mm dudes are on larger stands, so less precision required for clumsy fingers.

If you're interested in making a 6mm version id be happy to throw ideas or 3d models or prints around with you. Just because it 'isnt me' doesn't make it a bad idea and id be happy to help if i can.

There are definitely 3d models for termis and genestealers though at 6mm you'd need an expensive printer to make them better than just a plastic blob.

15mm?

I think I saw the same magnetized / pocket / travel hulk post but I can't remember where.    I check ebay for old Epic Terminators and Nids every few months when I start thinking getting back around to doing it.   I appreciate the offer for help! If by some miracle I get through my back log of painting I'll give it a shot.  Seriously thinking about selling the mounds of grey plastic I have and just focusing on Space Hulk and expanding few other boxed games.

I think I saw the same magnetized / pocket / travel hulk post but I can't remember where.

http://gwpertinent.blogspot.com.au/2009_11_01_archive.html

http://spacehulk.barsoom.cc/mirrors/shc/travelsh.htm

damnit... those are cool   [valiantly.. resisting.. the urge.. to add this.. to the.. project.. list]

Seriously thinking about selling the mounds of grey plastic I have and just focusing on Space Hulk and expanding few other boxed games.

they're greatly underrated, especially as narrative systems by 'real players'.

i get that they're not ideal for a flgs setting or competition but as a hobbyist as opposed to a competitor they're pretty sweet.

re other boxed games: hang onto your plastic as B@C works with your other models. this is pretty much the only reason i'm hanging onto my 28mm stuff now days.

have just recently started looking into vassal again. no module for space hulk otherwise i'd suggest a game online.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...