I want in on this, so gutted I've missed all the past challenges.

I, Erasus, vow to create Inquisitor Victor Hatinel, by the 17th July 2015 at 18:00. This I vow or will be eternally damned by Him on Earth!

My first bit: The Order of the Risen Saint

I know it isn't an Inquisitor but its the first part of the MEGA vow... Also not finished yet but enough to make the conditions for the first Liber Challenge.

You're off the mark (and that's the main thing laugh.png ) Probably best if you completed the Inquisitor part next if possible smile.png

I, the Psycho, Lord of the Night and Eater of Worlds, do cast off the mantle of my treachery and dishonour, and vow, before the 17th day of the month the Romani named Iuly, to craft the saga of Inquisitor Altrase d'Vel Cantor Moriase of the Cadian Internal Guard. For the glory of the Liber and Him who reigns on Earth!

My first bit: The Order of the Risen Saint

I know it isn't an Inquisitor but its the first part of the MEGA vow... Also not finished yet but enough to make the conditions for the first Liber Challenge.

You're off the mark (and that's the main thing laugh.png ) Probably best if you completed the Inquisitor part next if possible smile.png

But they all tie together... I am like that... Whats the point of having one idea when I can have five... or ten... even one hundred... But I was thinking of doing one of the Inquisitors next as its a nice easy one after that SP vs. Notepad slug fest...

Time to toss up what I have so far for C&C. This is expanded from my Fan fiction from a few years ago.

Levi - Inquisitor (Imposter) (Fallen Dark Angel)

Planet of origin:

Levi hails from an older Terra before the Golden Throne was constructed. The loss of the infant primarchs was a harsh blow to the designs of the Emperor and the fledgling Imperium. Undeterred, the Emperor began the creation of his next generation of warriors that would be the premiere force in what would come to be called the Great Crusade. 

Levi was selected from a Schola to join the first of the twenty legions to be created. Enduring the numerous surgeries and rigorous training, Levi was among the first Astartes created and took to the stars to reconquer the galaxy in the name of humanity. As a member of the First Legion, Levi had the additional responsibility of protecting the Emperor until the Adeptus Custodes were established. Able to improvise solutions and weapons in combat, he was assigned to the First Chapter and used his skills and experience to improve the defenses and security surrounding the Emperor and the Imperial Palace.  

With the discovery of Lion El’Jonson, the Dark Angels Legion was immediately transferred to Caliban and Levi found himself training those of Caliban to become Astartes. This would continue until long after the Lion left and Luther took over more of the operations and decisions on Caliban. Levi was attached to a squad to oversee a planetary defense battery far from the Fortress Monastery and from there he would see the fall of the Dark Angels. 

Theatres of War engaged in (if applicable): 

Notable characters engaged with (if applicable)

Erudon Yannick - Inquisitor (Ordo Hereticus) (Deceased)

Planet of origin:

Erudon was born on Theta Centauri and sent to the Schola Militarium as soon as he was able to walk. Whatever pedigree he came from granted him access into the officer cadres at a young age with the intention of leading one of the planets Guard units off-world with the next raising of the regiments. However, his brashness and pompous arrogance saw him at odds with many of his fellow officers and higher officers. 

With near constant rotations leading punishment details and other low prestige assignments, it was not long for the young Yannick to scrutinize his fellow officers and public note their deficiencies in protocols and doctrines. This saw him immediately dismissed from the Schola at the age of 17 and also got him noticed by an Inquisitor who had been hiding out on the planet in preparation for the next raising of Regiments and the status of the officers who will lead them. 

Yannick’s accusations were corroborated by the Inquisitor earlier and their refusal to adhere to prescribed doctrines left the military units of Theta Centauri little better than PDF forces and were unfit to fight off even an attack by the diminutive Gretchin of the Orks. The Inquisitor revealed himself to the officers with Yannick in tow as his new apprentice. By order of the Inquisition, the officers were found guilty of heresy and were immediately dispatched by the Inquisitor and Yannick. 

For three decades, the two would investigate worlds nearing times of tithing troops to the Adeptus Militarium to evaluate the training and leadership of the units and the government as well. Yannick would arrive overtly while the older Inquisitor would have slipped onto the planet ahead of him discreetly. 

With the passing of the Inquisitor, Yannick continued the work he had begun but had turned to spies and scouts to be the eyes and ears ahead of his arrival and surrounding himself with very intimidating Storm Troopers that had been trained to Yannick’s high standards. 

Theatres of War engaged in (if applicable)

Notable characters engaged with (if applicable)

Time to toss up what I have so far for C&C. This is expanded from my Fan fiction from a few years ago.

Planet of origin:

Levi hails from an older Terra before the Golden Throne was constructed. The loss of the infant primarchs was a harsh blow to the designs of the Emperor and the fledgling Imperium. Undeterred, the Emperor began the creation of his next generation of warriors that would be the premiere force in what would come to be called the Great Crusade. 

Levi was selected from a Schola to join the first of the twenty legions to be created. Enduring the numerous surgeries and rigorous training, Levi was among the first Astartes created and took to the stars to reconquer the galaxy in the name of humanity. As a member of the First Legion, Levi had the additional responsibility of protecting the Emperor until the Adeptus Custodes were established. Able to improvise solutions and weapons in combat, he was assigned to the First Chapter and used his skills and experience to improve the defenses and security surrounding the Emperor and the Imperial Palace.  

With the discovery of Lion El’Jonson, the Dark Angels Legion was immediately transferred to Caliban and Levi found himself training those of Caliban to become Astartes. This would continue until long after the Lion left and Luther took over more of the operations and decisions on Caliban. Levi was attached to a squad to oversee a planetary defense battery far from the Fortress Monastery and from there he would see the fall of the Dark Angels. 

Is this a WIP ? If not, how can an Astartes pass as an inquisitor ? (especially the really tall ones from the time of the Heresy.) Also, the Custodes were created before the Unification Wars I believe.

Yes it is WIP. I was going by old fluff that had the Dark Angels operating as the Bodyguard since they were the First Legion. Looking at the Lexicanium article for the Custodes agrees with you Lord Thørn. 

Also from older fluff, there have been Inquisitors in the past that have gone through the process to become a Space Marine. The Inquisitor from the Graphic Novel Demonifuge was one. Because Levi is a renegade marine, he is hiding within the ranks of the Inquisition. The idea being that the Inquisitor whose identity he took over, Erudon Yannick, was not widely known within the Inquisition.

The fanfic these characters are from is also about ten years old. 

Oh right, that explains a lot ^^

I didn't know that Inquisitors used to be able to be turned into space marines. It doesn't say anything about it in Silas Hand's article on the Lexicanum. Have you got any other sources ?

What about the method used during the Great Crusade to turn older people into near Astartes? The example I'd cite is Luther from the Dark Angels. He was too old to be turned into a full marine but was able to come close. This could apply to Inquisitors to give them their strength but they wouldn't be a full blood brother and why they are not recognized as such by the Chapters.

I think that's what TDF is getting at when he says "full Space Marine". Another example would be Kor Phaeron of the Word Bearers.

This would make them bigger and stronger than a normal human being, but still not as much as an Astartes. It might also make them able to wear Terminator armour (albeit modified to be lighter and more manoeuvrable.) We know that humans can already wear certain types of Power Armour, and I think that I've heard about some inquisitors having access to certain types of termi armour, so this could explain why.

On the other hand, I think its also necessary to know what the drawbacks are of this process. I'm not aware of any mention of these in official cannon, so until then, if you wish to go down the path of Astartifying an older human, I'd recommend creating some of your own drawbacks, to explain why there aren't more inquisitors who go through the process.

I can see two right now :

1. It would play sheer havoc with your hormones, and so the person would have incomprehensible mood swings, possibly slower reflexes and such. Also, they wouldn't necessarily have much "training" with their new bodies, and would therefore be clumsier than before (at least for the first decade or two)
  2. They would ever be indebted to the organisation that performed the process (be it Astartes chapter or the Adeptus Mechanicus.), which can then interfere with their duties as inquisitors.

Of course, those who aren't inquisitors just wouldn't have the political power to go down this path. The only other kind of person that I would see being able to have this done is Rogue Traders.

Anyway, that's my take on it tongue.png

I would have said 2000 words would have been plenty. If you're happy posting it up, get out there and if anything needs cutting then people can say so, can't they? ;)

Well, I guess I am little late and the purge wiped out my second Inquisitor. So I quickly redid those areas that were retconned and now I can submit both as completed challenges.

Planet of origin:

Levi was selected from a Schola to join the first of the twenty legions to be created. Enduring the numerous surgeries and rigorous training, Levi was among the first Astartes created and took to the stars to reconquer the galaxy in the name of humanity. As a member of the First Legion, Levi had the additional responsibility of protecting the Emperor along with the Adeptus Custodes. Able to improvise solutions and weapons in combat, he was assigned to the First Chapter and used his skills and experience to improve the defenses and security surrounding the Emperor and his entourage.  

With the discovery of Lion El’Jonson, the Dark Angels Legion was immediately transferred to Caliban and Levi found himself training those of Caliban to become Astartes. This would continue until long after the Lion left and Luther took over more of the operations and decisions on Caliban. As Luther succumbed to the whispers from the Warp, he began to position those loyal to him close and having greater responsibility. As a skilled warrior and effective teacher, Levi was kept alive but was distanced from the rest of the Dark Angels on Caliban. In charge of battle survival and guerrilla tactics, Levi was sent to a small outpost attached to a planetary defense battery. Veteran Levi was a part of a squad that would get fledgling scouts and train them in the inhospitable terrain of Caliban before sending them back to the Fortress Monastery for more advanced training. From here, he would be a part of the Fall of the Dark Angels.

Hearing about a hostile fleet approaching the planet, Levi and the squad under the command of Veteran Sergeant Omael manned the defense turret and attacked the invading fleet. The return barrage eventually destroyed the battery and punished the planet mercilessly. Using the training they were imparting on the neophytes, the squad disappeared into the forests of Caliban. From here they would see that those they had attacked were none other than their own brethren donning emerald green battle plate to separate them from those on the planet wearing the traditional black armor.

Knowing they had been a part of such a disgusting and dishonorable action, they decided to abandon the planet and wait for a time that they could approach the chapter to beg forgiveness and seek penance for their action. The Lion was known to be very slow to cool once angered and his response at the betrayal seen on the planet was proof enough that he was greatly angered and in no condition to be approached by those now seen as traitors. They were able to cross large swaths of terrain and found a landing field with Thunderhawk Gunships as the planet heaved and broke from the sustained bombardment. Having flown the gunships as they performed transportation runs for the Legion, the squad was able to get the Gunship airborne and heading to space when planet was engulfed in a titanic warp storm.

In the 41st Millennium:

The gunship survived the storm and was deposited in the far future and several sectors away. The confusion, disorientation and disturbed sense after having been touched by the Warp unprotected had the squad land on a manufactorum planet that was fading into obscurity from the planetary damage and lack of resources to feed the machines on the planet. Finding an abandoned and derelict place to land and hide. The squad disbanded and went into continued hiding, Levi chose to remain behind and watch over the hidden gunship and the now incriminating suits of armor.

It would be two decades before Levi would be recalled back to duty as members of the squad began to fall to the influences of Chaos and those of the squad still loyal to the ideals of the Great Crusade. As the last survivor of the squad, Levi was unofficially promoted to the rank of Veteran Sergeant. He returned to hiding on the planet but now watched over the remains of his squad. It would be some time more before he would feel a pull to get off the planet. 

With this pull, he would encounter a small group of Fallen Dark Angels that had also been pulled in his direction, but they were not the only ones. They were being pursued by the Deathwing and an Inquisitor Yannick. Levi was able to best the Inquisitor and his vessel was used to effect an escape temporarily from the Dark Angels. Surviving that one encounter and finding out that the part of the Fallen had gone over to Khorne and Nurgle. Levi defeated the traitor elements and used the Inquisitor’s captured vessel to escape once again. The dead Inquisitor was not one for secrecy within his inner sanctum and Levi was able to learn what he needed to impersonate an Inquisitor.

As an Inquisitor:

Using the notes of Inquisitor Yannick, Levi and the few remaining Fallen with him have continued the work of Yannick but instead of just eliminating the ineffective and incompetent leaders of new Guard regiments, they have suggested improvements to the training regimes to make the regiments better combatants and better warriors.

Levi is always on the lookout for any of the Unforgiven that may be hunting him, but he is also more aware of the seductive influences and efforts of the dark gods and has been active in hunting down any pockets of renegade marines or flare up of Chaos worship. They have even encountered other Fallen Dark Angels and those that are not repentant are dispatched and the bodies left in advance of an Unforgiven fleet. The regiments that had benefitted from Levi’s instruction have informally pledged their service to the ‘Inquisitor’ should he need them. Levi has taken them up on their offer and seconds them to him when he is hunting a renegade or quashing a Chaos uprising.

Erudon Yannick - Inquisitor (Ordo Hereticus/Astartes/Militarium) (Deceased)

Planet of origin:

Erudon was born on Theta Centauri and sent to the Schola Militarium as soon as he was able to walk. Whatever pedigree he came from granted him access into the officer cadres at a young age with the intention of leading one of the planets Guard units off-world with the next raising of the regiments. However, his brashness and pompous arrogance saw him at odds with many of his fellow officers and higher officers. 

With near constant rotations leading punishment details and other low prestige assignments, it was not long for the young Yannick to scrutinize his fellow officers and public note their deficiencies in protocols and doctrines. This saw him immediately dismissed from the Schola at the age of 17 and also got him noticed by an Inquisitor who had been hiding out on the planet in preparation for the next raising of Regiments and the status of the officers who will lead them. 

Yannick’s accusations were corroborated by the Inquisitor earlier and their refusal to adhere to prescribed doctrines left the military units of Theta Centauri little better than PDF forces and were unfit to fight off even an attack by the diminutive Gretchin of the Orks. The Inquisitor revealed himself to the officers with Yannick in tow as his new apprentice. By order of the Inquisition, the officers were found guilty of heresy and were immediately dispatched by the Inquisitor and Yannick. 

As an Inquisitor:

For three decades, the two would investigate worlds nearing times of tithing troops to the Adeptus Militarum to evaluate the training and leadership of the units and the government as well. Yannick would arrive overtly while the older Inquisitor would have slipped onto the planet ahead of him discreetly. 

With the passing of the Inquisitor, Yannick continued the work he had begun but had turned to spies and scouts to be the eyes and ears ahead of his arrival and surrounding himself with very intimidating Storm Troopers that had been trained to Yannick’s high standards. Yannick himself underwent the extensive surgeries that enhanced his strength, senses and resilience to near Astartes-like levels at the cost of what he considered the mundane aspects of humanity. 

Erudon came into contact with the Dark Angels on Gamma Antares. The five regiments that had been raised were amongst the finest that Erudon had ever seen and the general who had led them was a heavily decorated war hero. As the regiments were being prepared to depart the planet, the Dark Angels attacked with several successor chapters and decimated the regiments before the Inquisitor's eyes and took the general away in heavy chains. Every attempt from Erudon to ascertain the reasoning behind the attack had been met with silence. 

In the years after the attack, Yannick discovered several such attacks have occurred and each with the capture of the high ranking commander without any reason or justification. The beginning of a reason was formed when a similar action took place on Hardonnin V but against a known enclave of Chaos Space Marines. Yannick continued to shadow the Dark Angels in an effort to find incontrovertible evidence of Heresy in the chapter and the multitudes of successors. 

An opportunity presented itself when a group of renegade marines were moving between planets raiding outposts and ships as they went. The Dark Angels seemed to respond to the reports and ships were sent not only in the wake of the renegades but several small vessels had been dispatched ahead of the renegades in an effort to catch the renegades at their next stop. 

Yannick’s spies had overheard the renegades and knew of their next destination. A dustball of a world of little note or worth. Yannick immediately set course with what troops were available to him in an effort to capture one of the renegades. The venture would prove fatal to the Inquisitor when another renegade that had previously been unknown was discovered on Yannick’s sensory augurs and would end becoming a prong in a pincer that devastated the Inquisitor and his entire complement of armored storm troopers

Unfortunately due to a persistent shoulder injury that mean sitting at my computer (or painting, or even driving to work) is basically agony at the moment I wont be able to finish my MEGA Vow (or my ETL.... again...).  Note that I will still write all of the promised articles, plus any more Liber Challenges that come up, just not yet.  In for a MRI next week to find out if I am going in for massage therapy.... or surgery... 

+++Welcome Inquisitor+++

Access granted. Full description or notation mode - Y/N?
Full description activated
File loading...

Elene Amigos - Ordo Hereticus

Much of Amigos' (pronounced AH-Mee-Goss) life before she became an Inquisitor was as typical as it could be on a Death World. Her tribe was wary of her from the day she was born. She radiated an aura that made the superstitious people think of her as a bad omen. Her parents abandoned her after a year, leaving the native animals to kill her. They didn't succeed. In fact, one of the creatures that looked vaguely like a massive dog took her and for many years she was assumed to have perished. At her tenth year, her adopted pack were attacked by the very same tribe that had left her for dead. By now, her wiry frame had a strength that was rare to see in a human. She had killed five of her assailants, including her father and two brothers before they realised that it was a human that attacked them. It took seven more days to capture her, but when they had, they realised who it was. Like all people in the tribe, she was given a burn mark that was vaguely shaped like the Imperial Aquila. Hissing and biting her former family, she was locked inside a cave. The overseers would see to her.

The overseers were actually two agents of the Imperium, a man and woman who had managed to inveigle themselves into the tribe. Their main goal was to ensure that the planet was steered towards worship of the God-Emperor. When they were led to the captive Amigos, they knew what she was - a Psyker.

Their first instinct was to kill her immediately, but there was a certain something that made the agents pause for thought. Whilst Amigos had had no human contact for a decade, she had picked up human language almost instantly. She was also observed in prayer for hours at a time. When interrogated by the Inquisitor who would eventually become her mentor, she admitted that she didn't know what a prayer was, just that it felt comforting and a natural think to do. Further study and tests resulted in her being eligible to enter the Scholar Progenium, although there were many in the Inquisition that felt she was a danger to their organisation and to the Imperium at large.

Nevertheless, she was admitted to undergo the most fiercest, most arduous tests ever devised. Whilst she had failed many (as the tests were designed to ensure), she had passed enough to quell most of the doubts.

Her mentor, Inquisitor Mendelés was a harsh task master. He knew that if she was to have any chance at being the best she could be, it would be to push her, ensure that there was no slackness in her demeanour, no doubt in her conviction.

She became a fully fledged Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus on her twenty-ninth birthday. Mendelés had been involved in quelling a Genestealer Cult. Being attuned to the Warp as she was Amigos was well aware of the darkness that the Genestealer Patriarch created around it. Given a force rod to help her focus and concentrate her abilities, she was attacked by the bloated Xeno leader, its alien intelligence knowing that she was the real threat. She had managed to keep the monstrous creature at bay long enough for an Adeptus Arbites squad to kill it. Most of the Inquisitorial retinue had been killed, Medelés himself crippled by a Genestealer Hybrid. Whilst he would survive, he would not take an active role again, he was tasked with training potential Inquisitors at an unknown location.

Amigos' first mission was to stop a rogue psyker on the world known as Stornberg. Her retinue consisted of the two Arbites who survived the destruction of the Cult, a forensic doctor and two Guardsmen.

Adjutant Morena

Morena is a former Guardswoman who had specialised in information gathering and logistics. Stern and humourless, she works with a fervour that borders on obsession. Due to her appearance, she has surprised many by being able to strip, clean and reload and most importantly use any weapon the Imperium has at its disposal (and more than a few that it doesn't...). She is also the main pilot of Amigos' ship, Death of Innocence.

Locuta

A taciturn man, who rarely speaks, mainly due to a stutter that he received after a head trauma. When he does speak, it is of something important.

Doctor Bekka Suttrix

The retinues' medicae and forensic scientist. An expert on Xeno biology, having honed her experience with her former Inquisitor master. She has an Obscura habit that she keeps hidden to the others, although she knows Amigos is aware of it. A few previous missions have left her with nightmares that can not be forgotten. One had also left her with an artificial leg, when one of the cadavers was not as dead as it should have been...

Lex Gumn

A lax drunkard who should have been executed for dereliction of duty and a former Adeptus Arbites. He drinks to forget what he had seen on Stornberg, visions of children, both "normal" and otherwise advancing to kill his squadmates. Has experience with vehicles, both in use and maintenance, but due to his lack of discipline has been demoted to second pilot of the 'Innocence.

Phaedra Bank

An angry woman, her rage best used in combat, where she is dangerous in hand to hand combat. A former Arbites who was injured five years previously to her current mission. She had managed to get the doctor who patched her up to give her banned augmetics, including an adrenal stimulator. It malfunctions and is often unable to switch it off. Amigos is fully aware of the reasons why she is becoming more and more unstable, her bargain with her subordinate being to find a way to remove or repair the device. And that the Inquisitor herself pulls the trigger if Bank goes too far...

Notable Missions

Planet Stornberg - The mission that resulted in Amigos becoming a fully fledged Inquisitor. A Genestealer Cult had infiltrated every level of government agency, including, it was rumoured a few members of the Inquisition. All records pertaining to this mission is classified Vermillion level.

The incident at Laros - An understatement at best, and a poor attempt at humour, the Incident in question sees the Inquisitor investigating allegations of a Space Marine Chapter falling to Heresy. Amigos had to deal with Two Sister Orders, five Space Marine Chapters and a renegade Imperial Guard regiment. Classified Vermillion level.

+++Attempts at accessing Classified information failed.

Connection ends+++

I could have added far more, but with the lack of time (amongst other things), I've had to rein this in. I will add more stuff further down the line and of course, the missions noted above will be chronicled by myself in due course in the Fan Fiction section msn-wink.gif

Just a quick note to those who are still due to submit - As long as your entries are submitted within the next FOUR HOURS, they will count even if I haven't adjusted the second post. I'm currently having connection problems, so it might take me a while to update the post and start the new Challenge later one. Apologies in advance sad.png

Archived