Slave goes Loyalist SHOCKER!

Yes you read that right, as a change I'm going to try something a little bit different for a change as I have been a Chaos player since first ed (I did have some Blood Angels and LotD in second, they got hacked up for conversion fodder, and I had a full company of Dark angels in third, never used it so I sold it, this time I'm gonna stick to it). Been hmmming and ahhhhing over Templars, Dark Angels (virtually chaos anyway) and Imperial Fists but thought I'd try something a bit more underground. The Chapter I'm going for has rules in Imperial Armour, was in the 40k Compendium and was in a 2nd ed battle report commanded by store manager Fred Reed... Any guesses???

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/60/Howling_Griffons_Battle-Brother.jpg

;)

Will be picking some bits up in the week to make a start...

For Guilliman, son of the Emperor! For the Founding Father!

*VOMITS* Sorry, choked on the word Guilliman, I AM still a Word Bearer after all.

currently lookin through my bits boxes, got a plastic marine captain (the old one), assault squad, ten sniper scouts, metal dread, plastic dread, chaplain and could probably knock together a tact squad if i butcher some of my word bearers... also got 4 sternguard that i will use as squad sgts. might grab a dev squad on wednesday if gw has them in, i helped re stock after the delivery on thursday and all but two went before i even got the pricetag on them

Not familiar with your stuff, but always liked the Howling griffons. So might just keep an eye on this to see how it goes. smile.png

will make a nice change from painting nurgle stuff. can probably build stuff quicker a i wont have to convert everything like i do in my chaos army

Probably one of my favorite codex chapters, though I'm definitely not skilled enough to pull off that quartered scheme. Look forward to seeing the first models show up here! smile.png

Indeed smile.png

always liked them since i saw this

http://orks.dylangould.com/images/WD_archive/howling_179.jpg

This takes me back. i feel nostalgic can you imagine how much that weighs?! Go with the blue, it looks great!

Looking forward to this man, I am going to start some griffons soon too! But I am going for the chicken option and using the night camo scheme from IA9 :D

Looking at my DV dark angels wondering if i can file off the chapter badge without messing up the pad too much. then ill have another tact squad, termies and bikes for the cause.

Looking at my DV dark angels wondering if i can file off the chapter badge without messing up the pad too much. then ill have another tact squad, termies and bikes for the cause.

Should be doable if you take your time at it to be honest. I did the same with some of the tacticals to make them into Thousand Sons.

Archived