82nd Harakoni Warhawks

Ok, cool I was hoping that I wasn't too off base. Makes it really nice charging those squishy Tau, and maybe fighting off those space marines. "Heh, I'm about to charge your stormtroopers, this will be easy..." 23 attacks later hitting on 4's... 

Giving them back was also part of the plan for the "Come on you Apes!" warlord trait, letting them pop it, rapid firing, and charging forward because of relentless, and then gaining S4 attacks. Too bad they're only initiative 3, and have no way to reduce the opponent's initiative. Maybe an Heirloom of Conquest that does it. 

Anyway here's the supplement as it stands now:

Hidden Content
Drop Regiment Rules Supplement

Vehicles with the tank type may not be included in this detachment. If you can't fly it in you don't need it.

Valkyries may be purchased as Dedicated Transports for infantry units using this supplement. 

When running from this supplement, all Militarum tempestus scions have the following rules:

Stormtrooper kit: Hot-shot Lasgun, Hot-Shot laspistol, Close Combat weapon, frag and krak grenades, Tempestors may exchange their Pistol and CCW as normal, and Scions may exchange their Hot-shot lasgun as normal.

Special Operations:
pick one doctrine:
      Airborne Assault: Reroll Scatter dice
      Hot Drop: Treat Valkyries as assault transports
      Pathfinders: Lose Deep Strike and Move through Cover, gain Infiltrate and Portable Auger Array

All infantry models gain the Deep Strike USR, and the Drop Regiment rule.

Drop Regiment: When deploying from Deep Strike, either via Grav Chutes or from reserves, scatter 1d6 inches rather than 2d6. 

Detachment Benefits:

Combat Drop: Half of your Valkyries, Vendetta Squadrons, and Deep Striking Infantry (rounded up) may enter from reserves on turn 1.

Never ask of your troops... : Warlord may re-roll warlord trait.

Warlord Traits:

1. Faith in command: Orders issued by the Warlord may use his leadership, Warlord may make 1 extra order per turn
2. Nuts! : The warlord and all units within 12" gain Preferred Enemy (everything) and Stubborn.
3. Lead the Way: Nominate d3 troops units before deployment, those units gain scout and Move through cover 
4. Come on you apes!: One use, Warlord and units within 6" gain Furious charge and relentless
5. Fire Dominance: Heavy and ordnance weapons that arrive from reserve this turn may fire normally. 
6. Dawn Raiders: All units on the table at deployment gain +1 to their cover save first turn.

Harakoni Warhawks Drop Company

Mandatory        Optional

1 HQ                2 HQ
2 Elites            4 Elites
                        3 Troops 
                        4 Fast Attack
                        2 Heavy Support

Elysian Drop Company

Mandatory       Optional

1 HQ                1 HQ
                        3 Elites
2 Troops          4 Troops 
                        3 Fast Attack
                        3 Heavy Support

Let me know if it's you think playable, also if you can suggest some additional named characters, that would be great, and maybe some Heirlooms to replace the standard ones.

Also With the Skyhammer Annihilation Force out for Space Marines I thought we could use one that hit as hard. So here we go:

Hidden Content

Air Assault Squadron

Formation Consists of:

1 Company Command Squad

1 Commissar

3-4 of either Valkyries or Vendettas

2-3 Squads of either: Stormtroopers (Harakoni Warhawks) or Veterans (Elysian Drop Troops)

Restrictions

Commissar must join a squad

Squads must deploy embarked upon transports (Elysians have to take at least 2 Valkyries)

Ride of the Valkyries: This formations arrives as one unit. Additionally it may arrive turn 1 or 2 automatically, determined prior to the start of the game.

Improved Communications: The Commands Squad's transport gains the Command Vehicle Rule until it disembarks.

Hot LZ: The vehicle's access points may be treated as fire points for the first turn of the game turn they enter.

Let me know what you think. If this passes muster I may have a crack at an Armored Battle Group supplement for all of you treadheads (also because I want one...)

Ah, yes, that was supposed to be for the first turn they're on the board, I wrote it clumsily. It's been changed. So I'll play test his as soon as I can, and let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll send it to GW for consideration in the new Guard Codex (doubt that it'll happen but...). 

So I gave the supplement a test drive today, and it was ok, but it was just a bit on the cumbersome side. I think I'd rather just play stormtrooper heavy Elysians, or C:MT, until GW sorts out the stormtroopers.

It played well, it played a lot like an Elysian list, and it hit hard, and it sort of suffers the same Glass Cannon syndrome. I needed my CCS on the board from the start, because of my master of ordnance, as he ended up doing nothing. 

I may have tried to do too much too quickly and that's what ended up being the hard part. I'll keep working on this.

• 4 months later...

Archived