IL X - The Fire Keepers

Demus Ragnok

It occurs to me that Niklaas isn't in the same position as Dorn is throughout the Insurrection. For the most part, Dorn remains on Terra to both fortify it and to coordinate the Loyalist campaigns against Horus. Here, Dorn's role is split between Alex and Nik. So, once Terra is suitably fortified, Nik is free to head to the front lines to be more proactive in the Insurrection.

How many years would Nik need before he could proclaim Terra and the Sol System ready for a siege?

Hmm 5 to 7 years?maybe 8.

I had that vague thought too. Maybe 10 at most. So, when Icarion makes his first push towards Terra, that could be when Nik returns to the front lines since the Day of Revelation.

How are the Drowned and the Fire Keepers Sworn Brothers?

Honestly I have no idea. It's been a long time since we worked through the allies matrix.

There is a fluff note about how Hennasohn had fought along side the FK in the crusade thus the Ember Host sides with im at Untarra.

Did we sort their rating with the SL?

Don't believe we did but most likely they aren't freindly.
Well the shared proficiency at Siegecraft could be a possible source of friction but generally (and this simply could be from us not having really discussed and thought about the two legions' relationship) I imagine the SL wouldn't really care that much that the FKs do the same kinda thing, hell they'd probably admire the FKs architectural excellence (for the durable design of their defensive structures, not the aesthetics) and their superb skill at tearing down enemy fortifications in a quick and efficient manner. Of course I couldn't speak for how the FK feel about the SL, that may be an entirely different kettle of fish.

Predators should be Distrusted at very best. Perhaps By Order, as their psykers are key to their structure (the CL Librarian-Chaplains could also be a bone of contention

Agreed, Distrusted Allies, Nomus doesn't understand or like Andezo's methods and reliance on his psykers (whom he considers too unpredictable and dangerous), especially how much leeway Andezo gives his men. Nomus keeps this to himself however as he knows well how stubborn and volatile his brothers can be, no sense in bringing it up to someone who isn't going to listen or worse, flip their :cuss: over it and suddenly there's an ally who won't ever work with you again.

As for the Crimson Lions, well, Hectarion doesn't like Nomus and his "Tinmen" as it so yeah, definitely veering towards the "By Order" side of things.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Did we sort their rating with the SL?

Don't believe we did but most likely they aren't freindly.

Well the shared proficiency at Siegecraft could be a possible source of friction but generally (and this simply could be from us not having really discussed and thought about the two legions' relationship) I imagine the SL wouldn't really care that much that the FKs do the same kinda thing, hell they'd probably admire the FKs architectural excellence (for the durable design of their defensive structures, not the aesthetics) and their superb skill at tearing down enemy fortifications in a quick and efficient manner. Of course I couldn't speak for how the FK feel about the SL, that maybe an entirely different kettle of fish.

I forget the levels of alliance but somewhere between the bro-ism with Iron Bears and the punch your primarch relationship Nik has with Raktra. Whatever that level is.

I'd actually mentioned the Lions with regard to the Fire Keepers, but good to know.

Niklaas has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to psykers in his legion, true. But he understands that isn't the reality for his brother's or the Imperium at large.

Consider Shamgar Anath (darth chaplain) and what a scary bugger he is, remember. Now consider he is only in the bottom of the top tier of the chaplain corps command. Though his being a Sovereign means he is the "face" other legions would often see.

I'm rambling, so let me just say. The librarian issue can be given less weight when considering alliances with the FK. Cause if psykers are around in allied forces Fire Keeper chaplains of high rank will be close by. I need to write more on this.

Honestly I have no idea. It's been a long time since we worked through the allies matrix.

There is a fluff note about how Hennasohn had fought along side the FK in the crusade thus the Ember Host sides with im at Untarra.

Hm, if anything, wouldn't that have a negative modifier on their relationship since the FK don't trust their own psykers? 

I bring this up because I'm going to pitch the idea to Hesh that Morro has a distaste/hatred of fire and its light after he was hit by several flamethrowers when he met the Styxians for the first time.

Hm, if anything, wouldn't that have a negative modifier on their relationship since the FK don't trust their own psykers? 

I bring this up because I'm going to pitch the idea to Hesh that Morro has a distaste/hatred of fire and its light after he was hit by several flamethrowers when he met the Styxians for the first time.

Yeah the Hennasohn Ember Host thing is based on legion relations pre primarch so whatever the primarchs bring to the situation should take precedence.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...