Haha, I think it was the chest piece on the Leviathan that reminded me of devastator. That big transformer the constructicons would form into. He was the coolest.

The idea for the tainted axe sounds delicious. And yeah, the devil is always in the details. Trying to remember but didn't logan grimnar have an axe of Khorne?

Haha, I think it was the chest piece on the Leviathan that reminded me of devastator. That big transformer the constructicons would form into. He was the coolest.

The idea for the tainted axe sounds delicious. And yeah, the devil is always in the details. Trying to remember but didn't logan grimnar have an axe of Khorne?

He does indeed. All warriors serve the blood god, though the old wolf more directly than other loyalists. :D

Very true!

And going back in time, did you ever paint up those terminators?

Yes. I (obviously :P) didn't finish them yet, but they've been basecoated and waiting for their wash. Will take a pic of 'em in the next few days.

Blocking in some color:

aDrkePQl.jpg

IgVKnE7l.jpg

MbQTuR2l.jpg

QDU8vPll.jpg

Working on a Bloodmaster to test out the black skin scheme some more (have only applied one highlight clumsily of eshin grey on top of vallejo air black):

0B2po2Cl.jpg

c74Qekxl.jpg

zzBIv1wl.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing those terminators get some paint! Speaking of which I'm happy to see that paint on the contemptor. He's off to a great start. The bloodmaster also looks great. The black skinjob is working out I think, especially when I look at its face hand hand you can see the definition.

I'm looking forward to seeing those terminators get some paint! Speaking of which I'm happy to see that paint on the contemptor. He's off to a great start. The bloodmaster also looks great. The black skinjob is working out I think, especially when I look at its face hand hand you can see the definition.

I love the contemprtor, i can't believe I didn't think of putting the arm plate from the helbrute on the fist of my own contemptor! Judging by the bloodmaster, it'll look great once painted too:)

The Bloodmaster looks extremely intimidating. Good job.

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. :)

Cleaned up the angry robo and continued work. I'm very happy with how the glowing weird skulls look inside of his cannon:

f06qSCyl.jpg

IzYk3EPl.jpg

I'm considering doing the same effect for the runes on his axe, and possibly the blade. Alternate thought for the blade is to paint it the original frost blade color:

6MvydMfl.jpg

Thoughts?

And, the Khorninators. They're very rough at this point. So much work to do, re-layering, painting first layer on some parts, etc.:

vYWqMM2l.jpg

XkBavnul.jpg

yizKNXml.jpg

UbUTJ4Ml.jpg

QJXRMUul.jpg

Oh yeah! Glad to see all of this paint!! Khorninators are already looking good with red!

Khronetemptor is also looking properly beastly. I think the axe with more of a Khornate touch will look good.

• 4 months later...

I've been working on my berzerkers. My other thread was way too ambitious, so I'm back to just spending my time painting stuff I have a bit before moving on to other projects.

I think I have 38 total. Lots of work to go but I'm happy with them so far:

CFNkYn6l.jpg

TFBFSF6l.jpg

AzHTdV8l.jpg

Ra7X6oQl.jpg

Bmmz0X4l.jpg

The FW World Eaters upgrade kit has gotta be my favorite one of all. So many cool details, so characterful.

Well done. Your work honors the Blood God.

Many thanks!

I'm getting them proper filthy now with a wash on the red armor/brass parts/skulls. Trying to be deliberate with where I'm painting it on. So far, I'm happy with the results.

hG2YIwS.png

Archived