Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

Waking up, catching up.

DA/BA upgrade kits: confirming the theory that all legion-specific helmets work for Iron Warriors.

Every time there are new helmet releases the Iron Warrior players go "those are mine now too" :P It's pretty true though, everything looks good in iron

Also Hyaenidae - the Tyrant Siege Termis. They will be along SOONER than later smile.png

By the chaos gods........... the news get better!!! :D I'm really looking forward to seen these & will be added as soon as possible.

Jesus Christ the one I don't go to and THIS happens. Where the hell to begin

Perturabo. Glorious, in every way imaginable. Backs up my previous assertions that the Primarchs just keep on getting better and better. Steep prize rise there though, can only attribute that to the OTT nature of the base but there we go.

Eidolon. Never saw that coming. Plenty of people are going to be hacked off that their Legion characters haven't been done but who cares. He's outstanding

Mor Drethyn. Very happy to see these and the XIX get some long overdue love. Their aesthetic is pretty much bang on how I imagined. Tempted to take the plunge and get them.

Mastadon. Hell. Yes. That is all

BA/DA upgrades. Loving the look on both, hopefully the Wolves/1K sons live up to them.

DA/BA/WS/TS/SW Rules. Think it's very good that these are on the horizon. More so the first couple  since it looks like Vol VI will be a generic one to allow more time for the catch up to be done. 

Prospero. I'm surprised that the vast majority of it is done however I'm happy with the decision to hold it back until such a time he accompanying releases are ready to go with it because let's face it, if there was the year long wait some people have been forced to endure, the fanboys would all be throwing their toys out of the pram.

Alpha Legion/IF/WB. I'm glad this is going to be reflected in some rules context in the future, I'd love to see some of the others have it too but I'm not going to complain if it doesn't happen.

Shattered Legions. The big one. Literally bouncing along for this, can safely say that my next project is going to be this

And to finish, I mean REALLY. The one event I don't go to and they put out Night Lord t-shirts?? :cuss

Will book 6 contain background for the Scars And Angels? That's most important.

Doubt it if the Angels are being covered in a Signus/Thramas double volume

I wonder if they're going to do Mark VI for more Legions then? Imperial Fists don't seem to be a Legion I'd associate with Mark VI

they got a lot of mark VI during the mars civil war ;)

This is pretty important in my opinion. I don't want to start scars until FW have done their epic fluff piece on them

Yeah I'd like to know that too.

Gimme a little bit. I'll go back and ask smile.png

I wonder if they're going to do Mark VI for more Legions then? Imperial Fists don't seem to be a Legion I'd associate with Mark VI

they got a lot of mark VI during the mars civil war msn-wink.gif

iirc, there really shouldn't be any Mk VI outside of the Imperial Fists, White Scars, Blood Angels, Alpha Legion and Raven Guard. Unless the fluff changes they were the only ones that picked it up en masse.

Yeah I'd like to know that too.
Gimme a little bit. I'll go back and ask :)

Oh thanks man :)

That's infuriating.

Not really. If Vol VI Isn't their book, it's just the way the dice drop. The alternative is to follow the pattern from the first trilogy and if you're Legions aren't in there they get nothing. Having the upgrade kits and an actual RoW is massive. Especially if that's extended to all three Legions. For the sake of completeness I'd hope the Wolves and TS kits are afforded the same release but I wouldn't expect it given they'll probably be Vol VII if other bits and pieces are confirmed.

Given it was fairly quiet after the WWGO I think it safe to say that the time between now and Games Day (if it's run) will see a LOT of action

No they didn't, it was 10,000 suits+ of Mark IV (according to Mechanicum), not VI. They've never been associated with Mark VI which is why it's a little surprising

Can you guys ask when we will see: ventanus, aximand, and Garro?

As per one of my previous posts - there is no time frame for Ventanus. The same applies for Aximand and Garro. They will get done, but it won't be for some time yet.

Can you guys ask when we will see: ventanus, aximand, and Garro?

Until they get rules they won't be getting models (in the case of the latter)

As for Ventanus, I'd be surprised to see him this year given everything else that's being tackled at present

iirc, there really shouldn't be any Mk VI outside of the Imperial Fists, White Scars, Blood Angels, Alpha Legion and Raven Guard. Unless the fluff changes they were the only ones that picked it up en masse.

Note that MkVI pads double as MkV pads, and we're probably going to see "MkV" appear more frequently from now on. Also consider all the Raven Guard armor salvage potential from Isstvan V. MkVI might as well be sprinkled all over the Legions post-massacre.

Note that MkVI pads double as MkV pads, and we're probably going to see "MkV" appear more frequently from now on. Also consider all the Raven Guard armor salvage potential from Isstvan V. MkVI might as well be sprinkled all over the Legions post-massacre.

Good point, although that doesn't really apply to IF Isstvan wise. It's more understandable if they do it for every Legion. I hope they do Mark VI for all Legions, it's a nice alternative look!

They maybe can't give a time estimate on some of the character models, because as mentioned before these are done when the artists havethe chance to do them.

Core models and upgrades are priority.

So when some space opens up and one of the artists wants to do them, then they will get done.

Archived