Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

I think what I further had to post has already been done smile.png I will agree with m_r_parker about the design area - too hot. I coped by spending about twenty minutes at a time. First thing, it was just too crowded for me to bear laugh.png

I definitely want to go to more events like that though! thumbsup.gif

I think what I further had to post has already been done smile.png I will agree with m_r_parker about the design area - too hot. I coped by spending about twenty minutes at a time. First thing, it was just too crowded for me to bear laugh.png

I definitely want to go to more events like that though! thumbsup.gif

All the same, we'd still love to hear your take on it.

Btw, how's your ETL vow coming along?

Dark Angels

He seemed very enthusiastic, even at 1pm, about these guys, and had obviously put a lot of thought to them lately.

This supports that the next release coukd include das. There was a lot of detail in the 15 min convo. He was saying that there are really two sides of dark Angels, the calibanites and their later recruits, and the terrans. Much in following with the lore.

Coukd see something along these lines that will follow this, similar to the 1st book with loyalist/traitor. Who is who? You decide.

More details please... hahaha

Obviously it's hard to get something concrete in here, and anything is with a handful of salt at events.

It was a convo about how the legion is seen and how they operate at the time of the heresy.

By then the lion is crusading, whilst the terrans and Luther are caliban bound. It's as if it won't be a 'United legion' like the others seem to be. But two divisions, a bit like the istvaan 3 legions were.

definately expect some kind of knight theme in rules, and said that he loves the ideas of 'pre battle vows' and making that a reality.

God knows what that means, maybe 'kill this character' or 'slay this monster' maybe?

He went a bit in depth about how the terrans aren't happy with calibanites and vice versa. And setting up for calibans civil war.

This could all be future Lore, or reflected in rulesets.

From chatting terrans and calibanites have different styles in fighting and thoughts on sidings.

It is hard to judge, and Alan is a master at spinning things, so can leave you second guessing a lot! So totally honest, these are what I got from the jist of a convo, nothing firm there unfortunately!:-)

Ah one titbit I got from the designer, special units will be a complete seperate unit, and not an upgrade pack, as it wouldn't work out with robes and legs like that.

I'm didn't even know they had them!

I'm guessing something like oaths of moment, but actually meaning something and gaining a benefit from it.

Could lay the groundwork for the fall, he wasn't giving much away, but saying stuff like how the terrans fighting style didn't mix with the calibanites, and the bitterness of being left in a place they hate gives it a good feel for a divided legion. And says he'd love to portray that on the board.

Of course it keeps us all guessing and talking about it so who knows!

Man, that staff is going to be pretty touch and go by the looks of it, hope the casts are up to snuff :p

It's a character series 'black box' release - these are generally held to much higher level of QA, and have never had a single bad cast from that series. But that staff could well get broken easily.

Yeah, I've had 2 issues, but FW is premium in terms of Customer Service.

1. Erebus was missing his thumb. This was a known issue with the early casts I was told, got a new hand.

2. One of the tips of Lorgars Mace snapped as the support piece was miscast, again, new part sent over with no issue.

Will still pick that box up with no hesitation though. :]

Dark Angels, almost sound like they would be getting saga's like the previous wolves codex, but maybe with a twist... Pay for something to give a unit a boost, but they must achieve a certain objective or risk losing victory points.

For example, The Slayers Oath... Gives rerolls to hit or wound against monstrous creatures or T5+, 1VP for every unit IC killed which is T5+, do not kill any and lose d3 Victory points or somesuch.

Kingslayers Oath, kill a warlord and gain d3 VP, dont and lose d3 etc...

Could be fun

The original quote on it seem like Oaths of Moment to me, as described by Black Library. They are the first Legion, perhaps they both began the tradition and most strongly hold to it.

That gigantic transport has me interested. It would be good if it was a super heavy vehicle - certainly more likely to get across the table if it was.

The chaos knight rules are very impressive - it's superior to a normal knight of the same variant with just the addition of the derge casters.

Dark Angels kits - nothing like what I imagined but still very menacing and impressive. I'm not overly sold on the Blood Angels.

Was there any word on the release time of the Invictarus Suzerains?

Dark Angels, almost sound like they would be getting saga's like the previous wolves codex, but maybe with a twist... Pay for something to give a unit a boost, but they must achieve a certain objective or risk losing victory points.

For example, The Slayers Oath... Gives rerolls to hit or wound against monstrous creatures or T5+, 1VP for every unit IC killed which is T5+, do not kill any and lose d3 Victory points or somesuch.

Kingslayers Oath, kill a warlord and gain d3 VP, dont and lose d3 etc...

Could be fun

...My body is prepared.

No worries about the Wolves, Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Following on from what yu were saying about Prospero (sorry for harping on about it)

Book 6 will be shattered legions plus basci legiones asartes rules for DA, BA and WS.

Having some issues with rules balance on shattered legions front.

Prospero pretty much sorted, waiting for models to be done.

End of year for book 6.

No prospero till next year

Will get a horus heresy era marine red book.

Then a seige of terra/scouring/protochaos redbook.

Those are both far off though.

Legions can change their spots (ala word bearers). Some specific ones mentioned were fists and alphas.

Some juicy alpha stuff hinted at being in the pipeline. (Mr blighs words were yes they will change/split but i cant tell you any more).

Space wolves will be very different from 40k wolves when they arrive. Bligh is expecting censored.gif to hit the fan.

Will post more soon

What you discussed largely marries up, so fingers crossed smile.png

Thank you to all those who went to the event and took the tme to ask questions, take photos and report back, I am grateful & hope you had a really fun time.

Thank you smile.png

Wait what is a horus heresy marine red book?

That gigantic transport has me interested. It would be good if it was a super heavy vehicle - certainly more likely to get across the table if it was.

The chaos knight rules are very impressive - it's superior to a normal knight of the same variant with just the addition of the derge casters.

It's clearly going to be super heavy, it's actually on par in size with a fellblade if not more, and it has void shields if i recall correctly.

The chaos knights are good. They hve a dirge caster option, minorly enhanced reaper chainswords and can take God dedications. It balances out that they don't have access to the extra weapons that loyalists get as of the latest kit, which is a good trade off.

Wait what is a horus heresy marine red book?

Basically, the red books are like the black ones, except not fluff (and a few other pieces)

Here are the two currently in the book range:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_Books/THE_HORUS_HERESY_LEGION_ASTARTES_GAMERS_COLLECTION.html

Did anyone get the flick through the Mechanicum red book? Apparently, it is in Ordinatus Minoris and I quote, "kills all the things, and is near impervious to shooting at the start of the game."

Sadly my source is being extremely guarded about it dry.png Take a lot of salt.

I saw a bit of the Ordinatus rules. The shield copies some of the old Epic rules, where either the strength or the damage result (can't remember) is reduced by 3 in the first turn, 2 in the second turn, and 1in the third turn. Couldn't see the weapons, but these are the Ordinatus Minoris, which means they can come back and do the the larger pieces. Shouldn't be tooling before we get the books in our hands

I regards to the DA, what'd I say ;)

As for the terrans vs calibsnites, the terrans that are stationed on Caliban are a small part of the larger Terran contingent in the legion. Only a chapter worth is there.

The Schism of Caliban is going to be cool. The difference in culture and history of the 1st Legion will be very cool.

As for hooded models not popping up yet. These will most likely be reserved for elites vs the run of the mill Dark Angel troop. This will be a good set to mix into your force and the helms are much better up close.

The dark Angel icon in the shoulder pad is heavily influenced by the old dark Angel banner. This gives enough difference between the 40k and 30k angels. I'm really excited to see the transfer sheet we'll get!

I saw a bit of the Ordinatus rules. The shield copies some of the old Epic rules, where either the strength or the damage result (can't remember) is reduced by 3 in the first turn, 2 in the second turn, and 1in the third turn. Couldn't see the weapons, but these are the Ordinatus Minoris, which means they can come back and do the the larger pieces. Shouldn't be tooling before we get the books in our hands

It was strength.

The main armaments are either a scaled down sonic gun which does different strength damage per unit type and a turbo laser majig.

Look so good.

Easy to assemble too

Archived