MiniWarGaming Codex First Impression

Darkn3ssF4lls

Don't really agree with their assessments. Full BS overwatch is devastating to a lot of armies Much more so than mind wipe. The insinuation that a level 1 librarian is going to smack a high end unit with that on turn 1 is a mix of wishful thinking and paranoia. You'd have to roll a 2+ for warp charges (not too hard) but then you need 3x 4+ to manifest it. That's pretty hard to do on 3 dice. You're looking more at needing a level 2 just for enough dice to have a somewhat reliable chance of casting. Then, assuming your opponent can't deny it, you're still hoping that they fail the leadership to make it permanent. That's pretty tough when almost all units you want to throw it on are ld 9 or 10. You would need a librarius conclave to have any real hope of pulling that off, and it's also assuming you even roll it when determining powers.

Also, those objectives are really nice. Not only can you conceal them, but they're pretty easy to accomplish. DA ooze fearless and you can bank on exactly when the deathwing are going to arrive. 

No offense to the MWG guys, but I wouldn't consider them a reliable source when doing codex reviews. They're not exactly master tacticians. Their real strength is their narrative gaming, which is pretty awesome most of the time. They're batreps are usually entertaining, but they seem to mess rules up a lot. I cancelled my vault membership last October, and really haven't regretted it.

I'm just watching it right now. I think they do a good job, but it could be better at times. I still think Steve makes too many errors in battle reports. I don't want to be harsh, everybody makes errors, especially me. But there should be few errors in reviews and tactics and stuff.

The thing with 40k is that if you're remotely tired or your mind isn't on the game you'll miss things and make mistakes...

Aye and as far as I can tell their coming in at 0800 and that video as example was published around 2000 so I'm betting it's tiring to be entertaining :)

Yes don't get me wrong. It's a lot better than most Beasts of War videos.. ok I stopped watching them two years ago and I really like Miniwargaming.

Beasts of War stated in their review of the previous DA codex that the BoD was useless for Ravenwing... :facepalm:

Yes don't get me wrong. It's a lot better than most Beasts of War videos.. ok I stopped watching them two years ago and I really like Miniwargaming.

Beasts of War stated in their review of the previous DA codex that the BoD was useless for Ravenwing... :facepalm:

I started to zone out with the BA codex with the first nipple armor... they just couldn't discuss the codex anymore.

I think they are over comparing it to the Space Marines codex to begin with. Yes, we now have a lot of similarities in our green wing, but ravenwing and deathwing seem to really stand out. Deathwing not being able to pure anymore and ravenwing with that rerollable jink.

Archived