Salamanders future list 3k

Hi,

I am new to the forum and would love some critism for the 30k Salamanders force i want to create.

It will be a while before i will get it on the table as i am currently building and painting Khorne Daemonkin force.

Anyway this is the list im thinking of running.

I should note i am aware there is little anti air in this list but have no idea what to drop i love all the units so much!!!

Pride of the Legion

Cassian Dracos 275

Praetor

C.Terminator Armour

Digi Lasers

M.C Thunder Hammer

Zeroth Conductor Shield

9 Firedrakes

9 Dragonscale

8 Thunder Hammers

1 M.C Thunder Hammer

Spartan Assault Transport

Armoured Ceramite

Flare Shield

Frag Launchers

10 Veterans

2 Heavy Flamers

Artificer

5 Power Weapons

Rhino

Contemptor

Extra CCW

2 Heavy Flamers

Havoc

10 Man Heavy Support Squad

10 Plasma Cannons

Whirlwing Scorpius

Mortis Contemptor

Twin Lascannons

Havoc

1 Apothecary (Heavy Support Squad)

Cheers in advance guys :)

Heavy Support Squad with plasma cannons seems unusual. I would go for Heavy Flamers to save a few points and gain the Legion bonus, and keep the Apothecary in there as they'll play pretty aggressively. Maybe drop to 9 and add a Rhino for a quick push forward.

Praetor should really have Mantle of the Elder Drake - it is one of the Salamanders greatest strengths. And given he and the Firedrakea already strike at Initiative 1, drop the Frag Assault Launchers from the Spartan.

Lastly, I would drop the heavy flamers and power weapons from the Veterans. Salamanders don't really have any combat buffs, so stick with suspensor heavy bolters and Sniper USR for a solid shooty squad.

Not an expect here, but hopefully it helps!

Heavy Support Squad with plasma cannons seems unusual. I would go for Heavy Flamers to save a few points and gain the Legion bonus, and keep the Apothecary in there as they'll play pretty aggressively. Maybe drop to 9 and add a Rhino for a quick push forward.

Praetor should really have Mantle of the Elder Drake - it is one of the Salamanders greatest strengths. And given he and the Firedrakea already strike at Initiative 1, drop the Frag Assault Launchers from the Spartan.

Lastly, I would drop the heavy flamers and power weapons from the Veterans. Salamanders don't really have any combat buffs, so stick with suspensor heavy bolters and Sniper USR for a solid shooty squad.

Not an expect here, but hopefully it helps!

The highlighted: The 2 Heavy Flamers still benefit From Sniper meaning they'll always wound on a 4+ and on a 6 are Ap2. Its great vs Blobs since you'll be piling on wounds and since you're rolling more dice, its more chances for that Ap2. Doesn't negate LoS! But hey, vs Terminator Blobs or Equivalent, you cant really go wrong.

Though I agree with the Power Weapons. I'd keep it to the Sarge Getting the usual Gear, 2 Special Weapons and a maximum of 5 Squad Upgrades; meaning 3 more power Weapons at most. While Sallies dont have many combat buffs, they still play 'Danger Close' meaning they might get Charged so you still want them to have some CC punch.

Everything else I agree with.

Thank you for the feedback guys!

The frag assault launcher is a really good point haha! Not sure why I did that!

I think i'll keep the plasma squad, the apothecary is there purely for gets hot, i might split it and have two Heavy Support Squad, one Plasma one Heavy Flamers.

I'll shift some things around for the mantle because i completely overlooked that!

And lastly i'll drop some power weapons in the squad and maybe add another apothecary somewhere.

Thanks guys!!

Archived